Singers Vision Of Xmen 3?

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
All this infromation comes from news/rumors that came while Singer was on. He had written a treatment that only a few people have read. Reportdley Singer's treatmen went missing meaning he must have taken it with him or it is literally missing.

----------------

- X-Men 3 would have come out in 2005, followed by the Fourth movie (in the same year) since they were filmed back to back.

- An Early Story was this: The film will likely be centered more on Wolverine's story and Jean Grey's transformation, while Storm may be completely absent or only appear in a cameo performance.

-New Characters in the treatment included Angel, Beast, Gambit, Emma Frost, Dazzler, and Psylocke. Lady Death Strike may have also appeared again.

- This was what the new treatment was about:
According to one source, the current treatment focuses on Cyclops, and as a result Marsden has apparently already signed on the dotted line. Director Bryan Singer is rumoured to have wanted to bring in a bunch of new characters, but was told "no" for budgetary reasons, though they may end up with cameos in the film. Emma Frost was apparently one such character considered, but ultimately dropped. As to the film being about Dark Phoenix, as the end of X2 has led many to believe, rumours have it that Jean Grey isn't in the current treatment until the very end, so Phoenix may be left until X4

-
Here's a description of what Beast would have looked like if Singer did it :
  • The challenge with Beast is that most of the time in the comics he's blue and has a very similar hairstyle to Wolverine's. This meant that we needed to set him apart by accentuating his most Beast like characteristics. We tried to do this by giving him more of a blue-grey tint, covering him with a layer of fine hair and by making him extremely muscular. Our concept for Beast was never tested on an actor, but we could already see that he is going to be a great cinematic presence! We've made every effort to be as faithful as possible to the comics.
  • The Sentinels:
    The Sentinels are something that Bryan and I were already designing even before the start of pre-production on X2. We wanted to have a specific Sentinel design in mind so as to better help Bryan and the writers incorporate them into the story. For inspiration I mostly looked at Alex Ross' designs of the Sentinels because they are simultaneously beautiful, industrial and eerie. I then made a visual chart of every robot ever portrayed on film so as to influence myself to come up with a brand new design, in the hopes of creating something truly original. Without sounding pretentious I just wanted to design something never seen before on film for the Sentinels! Currently my sketches are locked away and are waiting to hopefully be used in a future film...
    View Pics of the Sentinels here: http://www.xmenfilms.net/exclusive/sentinel1.html

-Sigourney Weaver would have played Emma Frost.

- The general premise of X-3 will be both humans and mutants battling evolution itself.

-Early X3 Summary:Jean Grey is dead...or at least that's what everyone assumes. Everyone, but Professor Charles Xavier. He believes that somehow, his student survived the fatal events that took place at Stryker's base in Canada.

The Mutant Registration Act is close to being established. The passing of this act, introduces the SENTINELS program. Powerful and massive, these select mutant hunting machines, have the uncanny ability to hover above ground and capture unregistered mutants...but a threat behind the program, causes another frightening problem.

With the Sentinels introduced, the full X-Men team must ban together to battle against the government, deal with a fallen member, and even deal with a bigger threat!

The third (and possible final) film, could see the introduction of rumored mutants: Dr. Hank McCoy, Angel, Emma Frost, Gambit, and others. Film plot and character info are only considered RUMORS and could easily change...remember that!

----------------

Anybody have anymore things about Singers X-Men 3.

I wonder what Singer meant by Humans and Mutants against evoloution. I bet they meant to use Apocalpse. I don't know.

I guess we will never know... (I pray the treatment is released or at least released)

:marv: :up: :)

- Nightcrawler would be back as an active member.

I know that he watched all of the 90's television cartoon episodes and realised the importance of gambit, he says somewhere that he would have a nightcrawler sized role in x3

Two things:

In Singer's vision, Emma Frost was an Empath, meaning she could manipulate peoples emotions rather than thoughts, I believe this is how he intended for Jean to to 'lose control' and I also believe that Emma was to be involved with the Hellfire Club.

Also in regards to Humand and Mutants fighting againts evolution: the ultimate goal of Evolution is survival against all odds,so what happens when someone (Jean) reaches the pinacle of evolution and the rest of humankind and mutantkind are reduced to the 'all odds'?
When should the continuing 'evolution' stop, for the good of existence?
Where might the barriers be drawn? Who will make the last stand?

(Couldn't help but throw that last sentence in)

Yep.

ANother thing I will add to the top is that Nightcrawler would have been back!!

GreatWhiteWhale said:
Two things:

Also in regards to Humand and Mutants fighting againts evolution: the ultimate goal of Evolution is survival against all odds...

(Couldn't help but throw that last sentence in)

That sounds like Apocalpsye to me....

"Survial of the Fittest"

Um... I would preferrably go with Ratner's vision.

Electrix said:
X-Men 3 or Wolverine 3?

Well it seems like it could have been mainly on Cyclops and the new characters.

I guess it still would have bee Wolverines movie.

boywonder13 said:

According to one source, the current treatment focuses on Cyclops, and as a result Marsden has apparently already signed on the dotted line.

These are hard days for Cyclops fans.
Don't tease us!

Yeah Singers X-Men 3 would have things people want to see but wont in Ratners like.

- Cyclops being a real leader

-Nightcrawler

-Gambit

- Less New characters but they would be fleshed out more.

boywonder13 said:
Yeah Singers X-Men 3 would have things people want to see but wont in Ratners like.

- Cyclops being a real leader

-Nightcrawler

-Gambit

- Less New characters but they would be fleshed out more.

Singer is the one who screwed Cyclops in X2

He didnt really screw him up. He just didnt't use him that much. I beliee X3 would have been Marsdens turn to shine.

I think Singer would have screwed Cyclops again...to me Singer has made Cyclops look like a bad guy in the sense that he is getting in between Wolverine and Jean

I never said he screwed Cyclops up ( I`m sure he would like to..if you know what I mean)..I mean he screwed Cyclop`s screen time

I gues you are sorda right on that Moplaya but Jean would have been gone.

oh...I guess Cyclops would be some angry guy. I wish Emma Frost joined the team and she tried to get Cyclops to like her, but Ckye still thinks Jean is alive.

If Emma started hitting on Scott that would be cool

Why does everyone presume Nigthcrawler would be back? Alan didn't want to come back, and though he was contractually obliged, the liklihood is it would have been too time consuming to follow up such an action.

I lost all respect for Alan Cummings when I heard he didnt want to come back for X3 because of having to sit through make-up.... Because of his *****ing he isnt back and now we get no NightCrawler in X3...Nightcrawler is one of my favorite characters and I would have loved to see Nightcrawler and Wolverine build on thier friendship and hear Logan call him "elf"

No, Mr. Cumming was the person who said when the film was going to come out. He talked about when filming started and was pretty interested until.

BAMF

He's not even going to be in it.

Well Cumming said he did not even like Bryan Singer.

MoPlaYa43 said:
I lost all respect for Alan Cummings when I heard he didnt want to come back for X3 because of having to sit through make-up.... Because of his *****ing he isnt back and now we get no NightCrawler in X3...Nightcrawler is one of my favorite characters and I would have loved to see Nightcrawler and Wolverine build on thier friendship and hear Logan call him "elf"

"Elf" LOL.

That would hae been amazing.

I'm not sure that is why he was pulled out. It was because they did not have the budget for him and no use for him the script.

He did complain publicly about sitting through make-up and I`m sure that lead to his role in X3 getting smaller and smaller until they finally wrote him off

didnt have the budget....x3s budget is $225 mil

however it was lower then

kol_lover said:
didnt have the budget....x3s budget is $225 mil

however it was lower then

Are you sure that is the budget.That budget is darn high.

X-Men 1 was 75 - X-Men 2 was 133 million.

King Kongs is 207 million.

Do you have a link to where you got this news from.

That is amazing news than...Uncanny!!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"