Singers Vision Of Xmen 3?

What I'm about to say probably belongs in another X-forum, but nevertheless it is related to Singer's vision.

In X1, we hear Xavier telling Wolverine of Sabretooth and Magneto, we see an underground base and an X-jet and uniforms that probably implies the team is established. We hear Xavier saying that Scott and Jean and Ororo were some of his first students (then a shot of Scott and Jean practising their powers outside, looking the same age as in the movie). In X2, we hear that Jason Stryker had once been a student and Xavier had tried to help him. In X3, we will see Beast (supposedly a past member of the X-Men) and Moira McTaggert (which could then imply Muir Island and Banshee elements, but most certainly implies a history with Xavier and the X-Men).
The Wolverine and Magneto spin-offs could fill in further backstory.

So, I wonder how long the X-Men team had been established, how many missions they had been on before the events of X1, whether they had met and fought Magneto before, which other villains they had could have tackled previously, what Magneto had been up to before the events of X1.

I'm wondering what Singer and the writers intended here - to show a very young and inexperienced team, or not? They'd obviously used the X-jet before, the students didn't seem that fazed to see it emerge from the basketball court.

Of course, the movie timeline must be different, as Iceman is a student and not an adult member of the team. In one sense, it would have been nice if it somehow reflected comicbook continuity, but the Iceman situation changes that.

I wonder what people think, and what we can glean that the filmmakers wanted to imply or show.

DISCUSS!!

X-Maniac said:
What I'm about to say probably belongs in another X-forum, but nevertheless it is related to Singer's vision.

In X1, we hear Xavier telling Wolverine of Sabretooth and Magneto, we see an underground base and an X-jet and uniforms that probably implies the team is established. We hear Xavier saying that Scott and Jean and Ororo were some of his first students (then a shot of Scott and Jean practising their powers outside, looking the same age as in the movie). In X2, we hear that Jason Stryker had once been a student and Xavier had tried to help him. In X3, we will see Beast (supposedly a past member of the X-Men) and Moira McTaggert (which could then imply Muir Island and Banshee elements, but most certainly implies a history with Xavier and the X-Men).
The Wolverine and Magneto spin-offs could fill in further backstory.

So, I wonder how long the X-Men team had been established, how many missions they had been on before the events of X1, whether they had met and fought Magneto before, which other villains they had could have tackled previously, what Magneto had been up to before the events of X1.

I'm wondering what Singer and the writers intended here - to show a very young and inexperienced team, or not? They'd obviously used the X-jet before, the students didn't seem that fazed to see it emerge from the basketball court.

Of course, the movie timeline must be different, as Iceman is a student and not an adult member of the team. In one sense, it would have been nice if it somehow reflected comicbook continuity, but the Iceman situation changes that.

I wonder what people think, and what we can glean that the filmmakers wanted to imply or show.

DISCUSS!!

Well, I do think it's obvious that the Liberty Island mission wasn't the first. And (to connect this with the Guardball match going on right now), I think this is more fuel to the fire of the "Cyclops is portrayed as a leader" arguement.

The mention that Cyclops, Storm, and Jean were some of Xavier's first students, implying they've been around the longest, so they are probably Xavier's most trusted students, and with that comes leadership responsibilities.

Well, we see early on that Jean is the "voice" of the X-Men, so to speak, speaking on behalf of Xavier, the X-Men, and mutants everywhere at the Senate hearings. So that would leave Cyclops and Storm, Xavier's remaining "original students", to be his field leaders. And we all know that Cyclops and Storm are both leaders. We see that Cyclops has more of this responsibility in X-Men, and in X2, when Cyclops is taken out of commission, Storm steps up and takes on these responsibilities.

Cyclops and Storm are the field leaders, while Jean Grey is the voice of the X-Men, an ambassador of sorts (also the one who goes with Storm to get Nightcrawler)

I think it's heavily implied that they have crossed paths with Magneto before. I mean, maybe the Liberty Island incident is the first major threat that Magneto has ever presented, but all of the X-Men seem a bit familiar with Magneto, so I don't think Liberty Island would be the first time.

The Brotherhood also knew about the mansion, the X-Men, and Cerebro, as Mystique was able to sneak onto the mansion grounds, and knew where to go to get to Cerebro to sabotage it.

In my mind, this definatley isn't the first encounter between the X-Men and the Brotherhood. Just perhaps, all of their other previous encounters were small incidents that didn't have global implications, that wouldn't leave Magneto locked up in a special prison, etc...

The X-Men, in X-Men, don't seem inexperienced, as much as just The Brotherhood has taken their time on this particular project, and has caught the X-Men off guard and thrown them for a loop.

Well, actually... I think X1 was the actual first big clash.

In X1, Xavier had not seen Magneto for a long time. Probably not since he left the mansion. (It'll be interesting if Beast knows anything about Magnus) Magneto could easily tell Mystique where the Mansion is.

The X-men looked to me pretty inexperienced. Off course have they trained to do this kind of stuff, but in X3 everyone is so much more powerful! Much more confident, they have much more battle experience. Storm is a well teacher in X1.. but she gets her ass almost kicked by Toad. Jean isn't that powerful at all. Don't let me start on Cyclops...

They're trained, but have no real battle experience.

The Guard said:
If it bores you or bothers you, stop reading it. It's fairly simple. If "the same old crap" bothers you that much, you won't hang around here long.

There's also an "ignore" function where you won't have to see our posts at all.

I think that you totally misinterpreted what I was trying to say.

I was just kind of calling an end to a very long winded debate that seems to be going absolutely nowhere. Anything that you might have taken as an insult was meant purely in jest.

I enjoy this forum, I have been visiting it regularly for a long time, I just haven't really found the need to post much in here. Your statement about me not hanging around here long was kind of obnoxious....all I was saying is that there are far more important things to write about. Yes this is an X-Men forum, I understand that, but this particular thread has turned into a two way game of quote and answer, quote and answer, quote and answer. Surely there is only so much that one can write about a subject?

I think that you totally misinterpreted what I was trying to say.

Nope.

I was just kind of calling an end to a very long winded debate that seems to be going absolutely nowhere. Anything that you might have taken as an insult was meant purely in jest.

Oh I'm not insulted. But my friend, it is not your place to "call an end" to our debate. Whether it's meant in jest, or in annoyance, the comment means the same thing: "Your debate is boring me/other people". That's unfortunate. Judging by the thread count, and the fact that the debate continued, it's not boring everyone. SHH is an arena of free speech. Some of us like to actually talk issues out. If people don't want to read our debates, they are not required to. Again, I refer you to the "ignore" function, or simply not entering the topic.

I enjoy this forum, I have been visiting it regularly for a long time, I just haven't really found the need to post much in here. Your statement about me not hanging around here long was kind of obnoxious....all I was saying is that there are far more important things to write about.

Not in this particular thread, there aren't. The thread had already essentially run it's course, because it already revolved around tired, talked-to-death topics. If it hadn't, we would have stayed on topic and kept discussing "Singer's X3". So what we did instead, we expanded the debate.

Yes this is an X-Men forum, I understand that, but this particular thread has turned into a two way game of quote and answer, quote and answer, quote and answer.

That's what a debate is.

Surely there is only so much that one can write about a subject?

Nope.

That said, re: the X-Men's experience levels in X-MEN, I believe they had been trained, and had battle experience, but not neccessarily with Toad, because he mopped the floor with them. Sabertooth seemed sort of familiar with what Cyclops could do, because he leapt to evade Cyclops visor beam in the beginning. However, I do think Magneto is portrayed as a bit of a recluse in X-MEN. While there's nothing to suggest they haven't faced him before, they get caught by surprise, they don't seem to know how to play him, etc, so I think this is the first time they've encountered Magneto physically. I'm sure Xavier has told them about him.

See, now I feel as though you are partronising me. :)

I hope you were being tongue in cheek when you split my post up into about 6 different quotes. You could have addressed each part of my post without quoting it. I would have been able to grasp what you were saying without the quotes you know...or perhaps you just feel compelled to do so, I don't know you so I have no idea!

The Guard's just like that.

He's... well, I guess I don't know why he does what he does.

I think he has a typing fetish. :p

Joey23 said:
See, now I feel as though you are partronising me. :)

I hope you were being tongue in cheek when you split my post up into about 6 different quotes. You could have addressed each part of my post without quoting it. I would have been able to grasp what you were saying without the quotes you know...or perhaps you just feel compelled to do so, I don't know you so I have no idea!
I know I'm not The Guard but I post in a similar manner to him. Breaking up your quote makes it easier to read as well as for us to type. We can respond to every individual point and, in the process, break up large chunks of text to make it easier to read.

Eh...that time I was mostly being tongue in cheek.

Just Thought I should bring this thread back after such along time since X3 is being released soon and we can only think what ifs on Singer's X3 - this all the info I gathere and can be found on the first page of this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

- X-Men 3 would have come out in 2005, followed by the Fourth movie (in the same year) since they were filmed back to back.

- An Early Story was this: The film will likely be centered more on Wolverine's story and Jean Grey's transformation, while Storm may be completely absent or only appear in a cameo performance.

-New Characters in the treatment included Angel, Beast, Gambit, Emma Frost, Dazzler, and Psylocke. Lady Death Strike may have also appeared again.

- This was what the new treatment was about:
According to one source, the current treatment focuses on Cyclops, and as a result Marsden has apparently already signed on the dotted line. Director Bryan Singer is rumoured to have wanted to bring in a bunch of new characters, but was told "no" for budgetary reasons, though they may end up with cameos in the film. Emma Frost was apparently one such character considered, but ultimately dropped. As to the film being about Dark Phoenix, as the end of X2 has led many to believe, rumours have it that Jean Grey isn't in the current treatment until the very end, so Phoenix may be left until X4

-Here's a description of what Beast would have looked like if Singer did it :
The challenge with Beast is that most of the time in the comics he's blue and has a very similar hairstyle to Wolverine's. This meant that we needed to set him apart by accentuating his most Beast like characteristics. We tried to do this by giving him more of a blue-grey tint, covering him with a layer of fine hair and by making him extremely muscular. Our concept for Beast was never tested on an actor, but we could already see that he is going to be a great cinematic presence! We've made every effort to be as faithful as possible to the comics.

The Sentinels:
The Sentinels are something that Bryan and I were already designing even before the start of pre-production on X2. We wanted to have a specific Sentinel design in mind so as to better help Bryan and the writers incorporate them into the story. For inspiration I mostly looked at Alex Ross' designs of the Sentinels because they are simultaneously beautiful, industrial and eerie. I then made a visual chart of every robot ever portrayed on film so as to influence myself to come up with a brand new design, in the hopes of creating something truly original. Without sounding pretentious I just wanted to design something never seen before on film for the Sentinels! Currently my sketches are locked away and are waiting to hopefully be used in a future film...
View Pics of the Sentinels here: http://www.xmenfilms.net/exclusive/sentinel1.html

-Sigourney Weaver would have played Emma Frost.

- The general premise of X-3 will be both humans and mutants battling evolution itself.

-Early X3 Summary:Jean Grey is dead...or at least that's what everyone assumes. Everyone, but Professor Charles Xavier. He believes that somehow, his student survived the fatal events that took place at Stryker's base in Canada.

The Mutant Registration Act is close to being established. The passing of this act, introduces the SENTINELS program. Powerful and massive, these select mutant hunting machines, have the uncanny ability to hover above ground and capture unregistered mutants...but a threat behind the program, causes another frightening problem.

With the Sentinels introduced, the full X-Men team must ban together to battle against the government, deal with a fallen member, and even deal with a bigger threat!

The third (and possible final) film, could see the introduction of rumored mutants: Dr. Hank McCoy, Angel, Emma Frost, Gambit, and others. Film plot and character info are only considered RUMORS and could easily change...remember that!

- Nightcrawler would have returned

In Singer's vision, Emma Frost was an Empath, meaning she could manipulate peoples emotions rather than thoughts, I believe this is how he intended for Jean to to 'lose control' and I also believe that Emma was to be involved with the Hellfire Club.

-

i would have enjoyed 2 movies................*burts into tears!!*

Would have worked... but sadly...it never happened. Oh well. Maybe next time. :rolleyes:

Without being spoiled, I just wish that Cyclops not having screen time is just a rumor. I hope that the writers are keeping him under wraps until people see the movie.

I doubt it though. :rolleyes:

Bryan Singer's vision sounds kinda crappy to me.

Why?
I don't even know.

ya his X3 sounds bad... and not much progress... but sentinels... and then all the new characters are saved for X4? lol like that would have happened.. thats why we only got 2 or 3 in X2... and his emma would have made me cry in dissapointment.

i like the X3 were getting, a million times better. I also feel it makes more sense

Singer's X3 sounds like it would simply be a transition movie, setting everything up for X4.

Whats wrong with a little quiet before the storm!! They should have at least one movie without Jean, because it will really make it seem like she is dead and gone, and than her arrival in the Fourth movie will shock the audience.

People wouldnt have even missed Jean after less than one movie of not seeing! Her return will feel more profound if we really see how the X-Men are wihtout her and different they are....

no jean isnt the issue... his X3 doesnt have any new characters other then sentinels... and the return of nighcrawler.. hell its basically what they didnt have time to do in X2.. plus he takes out storm, X4 was going to be the return of jean, and additions of gambit, emma, angel, beast

I also remember hearing about Singer's Beast being gray haired...and to add more...around the same time I heard this news I also remember reading that Angel was going to be female...those were two things I vividly remember reading and not very fond of...ofcourse the only thing I can back up is the Beast bit...also the design of the Sentinels...still not a fan of those images shown in X2 artwork special features...but I did remember them saying that the Danger Room was being saved for the next movie after being scrapped for time and cost in X2...so I'm glad to see that some things have still come together from many ideas Singer had.

Yah that Angel being a girl thing was a rumor, and i think a rumor still after singer left i think. It was also debunked. Singer would not do that. Singer's Danger Room woul dhave been more like the Danger Room of the comics, if you know what I mean. I dont like the Danger room from what I have seen in the trailers and what people ahve said. There is onlyone scene with it I think. Im sure Singer;s would ahve been alot cooler!!

Remember alot of those rumors you heard were false!!

boywonder13 said:
All this infromation comes from news/rumors that came while Singer was on. He had written a treatment that only a few people have read. Reportdley Singer's treatmen went missing meaning he must have taken it with him or it is literally missing.

----------------

- X-Men 3 would have come out in 2005, followed by the Fourth movie (in the same year) since they were filmed back to back.

- An Early Story was this: The film will likely be centered more on Wolverine's story and Jean Grey's transformation, while Storm may be completely absent or only appear in a cameo performance.

-New Characters in the treatment included Angel, Beast, Gambit, Emma Frost, Dazzler, and Psylocke. Lady Death Strike may have also appeared again.

- This was what the new treatment was about:
According to one source, the current treatment focuses on Cyclops, and as a result Marsden has apparently already signed on the dotted line. Director Bryan Singer is rumoured to have wanted to bring in a bunch of new characters, but was told "no" for budgetary reasons, though they may end up with cameos in the film. Emma Frost was apparently one such character considered, but ultimately dropped. As to the film being about Dark Phoenix, as the end of X2 has led many to believe, rumours have it that Jean Grey isn't in the current treatment until the very end, so Phoenix may be left until X4

-
Here's a description of what Beast would have looked like if Singer did it :
  • The challenge with Beast is that most of the time in the comics he's blue and has a very similar hairstyle to Wolverine's. This meant that we needed to set him apart by accentuating his most Beast like characteristics. We tried to do this by giving him more of a blue-grey tint, covering him with a layer of fine hair and by making him extremely muscular. Our concept for Beast was never tested on an actor, but we could already see that he is going to be a great cinematic presence! We've made every effort to be as faithful as possible to the comics.
  • The Sentinels:
    The Sentinels are something that Bryan and I were already designing even before the start of pre-production on X2. We wanted to have a specific Sentinel design in mind so as to better help Bryan and the writers incorporate them into the story. For inspiration I mostly looked at Alex Ross' designs of the Sentinels because they are simultaneously beautiful, industrial and eerie. I then made a visual chart of every robot ever portrayed on film so as to influence myself to come up with a brand new design, in the hopes of creating something truly original. Without sounding pretentious I just wanted to design something never seen before on film for the Sentinels! Currently my sketches are locked away and are waiting to hopefully be used in a future film...
    View Pics of the Sentinels here: http://www.xmenfilms.net/exclusive/sentinel1.html

-Sigourney Weaver would have played Emma Frost.

- The general premise of X-3 will be both humans and mutants battling evolution itself.

-Early X3 Summary:Jean Grey is dead...or at least that's what everyone assumes. Everyone, but Professor Charles Xavier. He believes that somehow, his student survived the fatal events that took place at Stryker's base in Canada.

The Mutant Registration Act is close to being established. The passing of this act, introduces the SENTINELS program. Powerful and massive, these select mutant hunting machines, have the uncanny ability to hover above ground and capture unregistered mutants...but a threat behind the program, causes another frightening problem.

With the Sentinels introduced, the full X-Men team must ban together to battle against the government, deal with a fallen member, and even deal with a bigger threat!

The third (and possible final) film, could see the introduction of rumored mutants: Dr. Hank McCoy, Angel, Emma Frost, Gambit, and others. Film plot and character info are only considered RUMORS and could easily change...remember that!

----------------

Anybody have anymore things about Singers X-Men 3.

I wonder what Singer meant by Humans and Mutants against evoloution. I bet they meant to use Apocalpse. I don't know.

I guess we will never know... (I pray the treatment is released or at least released)

:marv: :up: :)

- Nightcrawler would be back as an active member.

I love you singer!!!!! I miss you!!!!! I am sorry for what happened between us!!!! Please come back for further movies!!!! We promise not to sell out anymore!!!! We will be faithful to you!!!!

We....we....we... need you SINGER! LIFE IS HELL WITH OUT YOU!!!!!

blah singers a prick... you guys do know he never picked up a comic before shooting X1...

spideyboy_1111 said:
blah singers a prick... you guys do know he never picked up a comic before shooting X1...

Yeah, but then again half of the people on these boards haven't either . . . they've only seen the cartoon and base half of their misguided assumptions about the first two movies being innacurate to falsities popularized by the cartoon . . .

. . . and Singer was made to watch the cartoon, and that at the least puts him on par with a large number of posters on these boards (if not above par, as a number of them have simply been informed and inspired by the first two movies).

Also, Ratner may have been a comic book fan, but it has been noted that he wasn't an X-Men comic book reader (which can also be supported by the fact that he had to have the writers show him panels from the comics from which they received their inspiration--which I still don't really see too much of in X3).

meh singers still an ass.. from what ive heard alot of from people who met him in hollywood... he lies about his comic enjoyment.. as a front.. hes in to young 18-23 year old guys... thinks hes god when his only movies has 3 movies under his belt.. (4 with supes). Halle, Rebecca, Alan, and Ian have all expressed there distaste for him, and how he puts himself first before the actors, Ian directly said

"You say the right words of encouragement. You introduce people to them. Brett is brilliant, absolutely brilliant, but Bryan's not very good at it. I've never been to a party of Bryan's, but I dread to think what it would be like. Bryan is much more internal and self-obsessed and neurotic. That comes out in the films he makes. "

and i'd agree with him. theres alot of reports of Bryan being very much a drama queen and very unprofessional

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"