The Winter Soldier Sitwell and SHIELD

hoy-small-fry

It's a dance-off bro!
Reaction score
Spoilers!

Did anyone else feel that Sitwell being a HYDRA agent felt a little unwarranted? Everything we've seen from this guy so far has been him toeing the SHIELD line and being a lower level Coulson, yet suddenly he's a HYDRA agent and ready to kill 20million people...

I liked it. It showed that the film wasn't pulling its punches.

You needed someone we trusted to be revealed as a HYDRA agent, someone we trusted, otherwise the threat feels empty.

Yeah, but I always saw Sitwell as more of a middle management type, not a guy who had any pull at SHIELD. To find out he was in on a huge conspiracy was something of a turnaround for his character. I mean, why'd he meet Coulson in AoS the other week saying Fury was off-grid? And for that matter, where was Fury in AoS...

It did feel a little strange, though the only real issue I have involves Item 47...

As a ruthless HYDRA agent left to his own devices, he probably would have straight up murdered Lizzy Kaplan and her boyfriend rather than go through all the trouble of capturing them, turning them SHIELD, and almost getting vaporized. That is... unless he turned them HYDRA? "Cut off one head, two more shall take it's place."

I had forgotten about that one! Yeah that is a little strange, much like a lot of "SHIELD"s motivations over the past few years. Think this is probably a case of don't scratch too deep!

I Don't really have a problem with it. The way I see it, all the Hydra agents in SHIELD, operated for the most part like, sleeper agents. Just going about their normal daily business, just waiting. He would do everything by the book, to work his way up the ranks and gain everybody's trust.

I Don't really have a problem with it. The way I see it, all the Hydra agents in SHIELD, operated for the most part like, sleeper agents. Just going about their normal daily business, just waiting. He would do everything by the book, to work his way up the ranks and gain everybody's trust.

Like Alex Pierce mentioned......

Hydra and Shield have the same enemies. So that's why Hydra sleeper agents eased so easily into shield. They had the same motivation.

It also adds up as in The Avengers, shield had the exact same weapons hydra had in The First Avenger.

Like Alex Pierce mentioned......

Hydra and Shield have the same enemies. So that's why Hydra sleeper agents eased so easily into shield. They had the same motivation.

It also adds up as in The Avengers, shield had the exact same weapons hydra had in The First Avenger.

Ooooh I hadn't thought of that. Great catch!

With him and Coulson probably gone for AoU, we could see different SHIELD agents who may have gone underground with Fury, unless Hill and maybe Carter are enough.

Maybe Phase II of reverse engineering the Hydra weapons is what eventually led to Project Insight, or at least partially led to it?

I never expected Agent Sitwell to be a Hydra sleeper Agent. I think it a cool Idea.

Puts the Phase Two Weapons in a whole different light.

With him and Coulson probably gone for AoU, we could see different SHIELD agents who may have gone underground with Fury, unless Hill and maybe Carter are enough.

Yep. It seems like a perfect excuse to introduce some more classic Shield agents from the comics who are loyal to Fury like Clay Quartermain, Daisy Johnson, Wendell Vaughn, ect

TWS Puts IM2 in a whole different light. [BLACKOUT]I mean Senator Stern beeing a Hydra member...[/BLACKOUT]

I know some people dislike IM2 or think it's meh or whatever. But I have a feeling the payoff of SHIELD in TWS makes IM2 so worth it.

I know some people dislike IM2 or think it's meh or whatever. But I have a feeling the payoff of SHIELD in TWS makes IM2 so worth it.

In what way? I didn't mind IM2, but interested as to how this improves it?

In what way? I didn't mind IM2, but interested as to how this improves it?

Just the set up of SHIELD. Doesn't improve the movie, but makes it worth being there solely for the reason that it really does the set up of SHIELD for us to have this big payoff in TWS.

Without IM2, we really don't get that building of SHIELD going.

Amusing.
Gave us what for some would be a real link between the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the Agents of SHIELD tv series after all except for Sif's appearance and the clear up after the Dark World has there really been anything to link the two save for Sitwell and possibly Blake if I'm not mistaken?

Well Sitwell has been well wintered so it will be interesting to find out what Coulson learns about his former comrade's passing:cwink:!

Just rewatched Item 47 out of curiosity...

Damn that's a menacing one-shot now. Even though it is largely unintentional, the whole episode has a really sinister undertone. Sitwell is sent out to neutralise the Chitauri weapon, but instead brings it back along with a guy who can reverse engineer the tech. Now we know he's Hydra... DAMN!

Just the set up of SHIELD. Doesn't improve the movie, but makes it worth being there solely for the reason that it really does the set up of SHIELD for us to have this big payoff in TWS.

Without IM2, we really don't get that building of SHIELD going.

I disagree. Without IM2, all we really don't get is BW; Thor was much more pivotal to fleshing out SHIELD's position in the world.

Other than that (and aside from TWS), Avengers did the most as far as representing SHIELD. We never saw a helicarrier, the myriad of agents, or a quinjet prior to, or much of anything else, for that matter.

I think that it makes The Consultant more chilling to watch. Where Sitwell's just sitting in a diner talking to Coulson like they're friends and he's a normal guy. He's so calm and "normal" in that short, completely the opposite of how he REALLY is in TWS.

i wonder if Victoria Hand is compromised.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she turns out to be. However, I kind of hope that that's not the case:

1. It'd be a REALLY obvious route to take (and not in a good way).
2. I'd like Hand to simply be a hardass-type character who's somewhat antagonistic towards to team, but who's ultimately honest and doing what she thinks is best to get the job done. In other words, a difficult person to work with, but not evil/corrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"