The Winter Soldier The future of S.H.I.E.L.D. (SPOILERS)

way too sudden. Phase 1 barely gave us a look into the organization or its operations;most of which comes from Avengers. Other than TWS Phase 2 has been SHIELD-less. Then TWS comes around and destroys the whole organization??? Seems like such a waste IMO

I don't agree with this. Weren't people complaining that we saw too much SHIELD in IM2?

I mean, with all the one-shots and the AoS show, SHIELD has been given more screentime than all of the main heroes combined.

I don't agree with this. Weren't people complaining that we saw too much SHIELD in IM2?
Perhaps but I wasn't one of them
I mean, with all the one-shots and the AoS show, SHIELD has been given more screentime than all of the main heroes combined.
If your going to count AOS sure but that has never felt like Big SHIELD we got to see in Avengers or TWS
Other than Fury, Romanov, Barton, Hill, and Hand aren't all of the other SHIELD agents we see MCU originals? I would be surpised if Fury, Romanov, Barton, Hill, and Hand combined had less screen time then Cap and Thor

shield has been in existence since world war II, they showed up in a small way in the movies.. there was never going to be a shield movie, but it will continue in the tv shows and that will probably show how they rebuild, while the agent carter show will show how they were built up in the past

So since Hill joins Stark Industries...what would she do there?

Other than Fury, Romanov, Barton, Hill, and Hand aren't all of the other SHIELD agents we see MCU originals? I would be surpised if Fury, Romanov, Barton, Hill, and Hand combined had less screen time then Cap and Thor

Nope. Sitwell, Garrett , Pierce, and Sharon Carter are all comic agents, some of the SSR members in TFA were comic agents (and the SSR turned into S.H.I.E.L.D. and count as S.H.I.E.L.D. founders in the MCU), and we're getting at least one more comic agent in an upcoming episode of AoS (Koenig).

Most likely because I'd bet Happy may still not be fully healed after his brush with death in IM3.

Happy may very well have retired. He'd clearly started to let himself go, and all he really wanted to do was watch Downton Abbey. Hill would be better suited to taking care of security while Tony hangs out with the Super Friends.

Fury is a man whose contingency plans have contingency plans. My expectation is that he already has elements in place to bring Shield back in some form, most likely in secretive and limited capacity but more firmly under his direct control rather than serving under some appointed board of supervisors. Shield has been laid low many times in the comics only to come back like a phoenix rising from Arizona; I suspect ultimately this will be no different.

His trip to Europe is either the first step in that plan to revitalize Shield, or a Hydra hunt, or most likely a combination of both.

The show itself may turn out to be a big part of this but for the time being I expect Coulson and crew to be on the run or operating unofficially as best they can.

Haven't seen the movie yet so of course I may be way off base but that's the feeling I get from skimming the discussions.

Btw I don't think anyone realized the potential ramifications of that line. It means DC Comics exists in the MCU. :oldrazz:

DC exists in the 616 Universe as well. They're referenced on occasion. (Can't remember a specific example off the top of my head.)

DC exists in the 616 Universe as well. They're referenced on occasion. (Can't remember a specific example off the top of my head.)

not precisley what you're talking about but it's fun nonetheless :)

Ob6lmyL.jpg

I guess I'll throw my hat into the ring and take a crack at what the future of SHIELD in AoS and Film-verse could be.

I think they might and should go with the obvious route. I think immediately we might see Fury turn up in person in a small but significant role on AoS. I think season two will have him task Coulson's team with helping him bring down the European Hydra strongholds. Basically they would be the last Agents of SHIELD. That could be the majority of the season with the events and develeopments leading into AoU where the heroes, perhaps Fury himself catches up with Baron Von Strucker. Von Strucker always struck me as Fury's archvillain, kinda like how Red Skull is Cap's although a closer comparison might be James Bond's arch Blofeld. I think we should have a good indication of where things are going when AoU is released next year and we should get some interesting developments either way with AoS season 2. There's also the Agent Carter prequel series that should fill in some blanks not to mention it's possible Ant-man with it's rumored '60s spy movie bits might have some prequely kinda stuff in it.

I was actually kind of angry at Cap for jumping at the chance to dismantle SHIELD so quickly. Yes the Helicarriers were bad. Yes SHIELD needed to be fixed. Bu as we clearly see in the film there were ALOT of good men and women who BELIEVED in SHIELD and were doing good. We've seen SHIELD be a force of good through the entirety of Phase 1 so its really hard to buy seeing them become a evil threat to be disposed of in one movie. I'm kind of with the Government officials at the end questioning BW. Also it felt very hypocritical of Cap to decide that he knew what was good for the nation. In that way he was very much of the same mindset as Hydra. Don't try and fix or improve things, just kill it and start over.

I imagine that when SHIELD does return in full force, we'll see Steve in charge of it. Fury deferring authority to Steve during the climax of TWS was kind of a hint to that, IMHO.

I was actually kind of angry at Cap for jumping at the chance to dismantle SHIELD so quickly. Yes the Helicarriers were bad. Yes SHIELD needed to be fixed. Bu as we clearly see in the film there were ALOT of good men and women who BELIEVED in SHIELD and were doing good. We've seen SHIELD be a force of good through the entirety of Phase 1 so its really hard to buy seeing them become a evil threat to be disposed of in one movie. I'm kind of with the Government officials at the end questioning BW. Also it felt very hypocritical of Cap to decide that he knew what was good for the nation. In that way he was very much of the same mindset as Hydra. Don't try and fix or improve things, just kill it and start over.

SHIELD is in way too deep with HYDRA, starting with Pierce and work it's way down the hierarchy. Nobody knows just how many agents are Hydra already around the world, so it is better to destroy it and start over.

Obviously S.H.I.E.L.D. will be reformatted but I'm actually hopping that the process is longer and more in secret given a chance for more Heroes to come in this MCU then bring it back .

HYDRA/SHIELD was minutes away from targeting and slaughtering 20 million people in the name of "order." Of course Captain America wiped it out. Had he not taken the whole rotten structure down, hidden HYDRA agents would just have stayed hidden inside of SHIELD and carried out their plans at a later date. That's HYDRA's way: Cut off one head, two more shall take its place. So Cap burned the whole thing to the ground, as he had to.

SHIELD is in way too deep with HYDRA, starting with Pierce and work it's way down the hierarchy. Nobody knows just how many agents are Hydra already around the world, so it is better to destroy it and start over.
No bail outs for SHIELD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"