The Winter Soldier The future of S.H.I.E.L.D. (SPOILERS)

HYDRA/SHIELD was minutes away from targeting and slaughtering 20 million people in the name of "order." Of course Captain America wiped it out. Had he not taken the whole rotten structure down, hidden HYDRA agents would just have stayed hidden inside of SHIELD and carried out their plans at a later date. That's HYDRA's way: Cut off one head, two more shall take its place. So Cap burned the whole thing to the ground, as he had to.

I was talking more about Black Widow leaking all their information online. But yes human lives trump all.

Honestly, the biggest objection to releasing their database is threatening undercover agents. However, given how thoroughly riddled with infiltrators they themselves are, honestly, the undercover agents are in deep trouble anyway: *Hydra* can expose and threaten them, since Hydra knows who they are. And once things go south at the Triskelion, Hydra has no disincentive to doing so.

The problem is that with the information out there, the undercover operatives are certainly jeopardized. It isn't as certain otherwise.

On the subject of SHIELD's future, I don't know. Presumably the remaining episodes of SHIELD will illuminate.

But I think that, given Steve's story arc here, it doesn't make sense for him to lead SHIELD. In the comics, he was sort of a government agent in charge of all of America's superheros, with a small support staff, anyway.

Tony in the MCU is hilariously unlikely. He isn't the kind of person who'd be asked, nor would he accept.

If anybody takes over SHIELD 2.0, its either Hill or Coulson. Probably Coulson.

If anybody takes over SHIELD 2.0, its either Hill or Coulson. Probably Coulson.

Yeah, I'd love for the new direction of AOS to be about Coulson reorganizing the whole agency, making it into something the people can trust again, and becoming the new Director. Hell, I'd take Phil Coulson, Director of SHIELD over Fury or Hill any day.

Yeah, I forsee Coulson attempting to rebuild SHIELD from the ground up based on his own ideals. He's decidedly more optimistic/idealistic than either Fury or Hill are, so the new SHIELD with him in charge would almost certainly be a VERY different organization than the old one.

Probably less emphasis on covert ops, more emphasis on super policing. Still would come as "fascist jack-booted thugs" to those inclined to view them as such, but on a more realistic level, would kind of resemble what they were supposed to be in the first place.

Though I bet that both Fury and Hill would still be *involved*, they just wouldn't be giving orders.

in the comics
" sitwell": was an impostor so could the 'sitwell killed by the winter soldier be a hydra fake killed for becoming a prisoner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"