Something Sitwell Said

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Flash525, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Up until recently, with the exception of The First Avenger, and flashbacks, I was under the impression that all of the MCU films were from a chronological perspective - in that if a film was filmed & released in 2015, it was taking place in 2015.

That was until yesterday when I watched the Winter Soldier. During, I think it was the rooftop scene, shortly after Rogers, Tasha & Sam capture Agent Sitwell, he says something along the lines of Shield/Hydra keeping an eye on potential threats; two names he mentions very specifically are Bruce Banner, and Stephen Strange.

The Winter Soldier was released in April 2014, with Doctor Strange being released in November, 2016. Should anyone know of Stephen Strange two years to him actually becoming the Sorcerer Supreme? Is Doctor Strange filmed out of chronological sequence?

2. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

I responded in the Avengers thread too (but figured I'd stick it here as well for anyone that pops by). Feige actually addressed this back in 2016 and it is that his renown and skill as a surgeon is what Hydra perceived as a potential threat - it didn't have to do with his future with the mystic arts:

https://www.cbr.com/feige-explains-winter-soldiers-stephen-strange-shout-out/