World Siulver Surfer VS SUPERMAN

Lobo

Daisy is <3
Reaction score
Two of comicdoms most powerful, and noble hero's in a fight to the finish who's your pick?

Silver Surfer. He doesn't need to eat, sleep, drink, breathe, AND he has the Power Cosmic. Besides, isn't Superman supposed to be vulnerable to magic?

The Silver Surfer could strip Superman of all of the suns radiation that powers him. Or he could envelop him in a Kryptonite force field, or transport him to another Galaxy with a Red sun etc etc etc. Superman loses this one, easily. This is the fight that should have been in the DC/Marvel crossover, instaed of The Hulk against Superman.

Poor Averagelad begins to slam his head into the wall over and over and over and over and over and overover and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over...

As much as I hate to say it, I have to give this one to Surfer.:(
But I still say Superman can beat Thor. It would be close but Supes could do it.
And the Hulk is no match at all.

BTW I don't think Surfer would use kryptonite, That would be to cheep. Surfer is an honorable hero and if they was to fight he would just suck enough power from Supes to stop him then once he found out that Supes was a hero like him he would give him back his powers and they would be close freinds. Them both being the last of there race and all. They would have alot in common.:)

I put up this poll becuase I thought it be a cool fight but superman your right SUPES would beat THOR but I don't think it would be all that close since HULK has beaten THOR! My personal opinion its close to the very end but in the end SUPES beats the SURFER

A more realistic match-up would be Supes versus the Hulk, and I don't mean in the style of that crappy crossover where Superman just doused him with heat vision and walloped Hulk. This is a guy who had trouble with Doomsday, who was basically a Hulk knock-off.

Silver Surfer, while I like the character, is really too powerful, and not really in the same category. Perhaps pre-crisis of inifinte earths, where Supes was practically godlike maybe, but the modern day incarnation couldn't stand a chance IMO.

This one's too close to call, IMO. It could go either way in a heartbeat.
It's unlikely the Surfer would automatically know of Superman's weakness to red sun radiation or kryptonite, so that rules out those options of attack. Nor could he turn Supes into Krypto... his manipulation powers are usually restricted to restructuring inorganic matter - probably because the Surfer tries not to kill people (this attack on an opponent would be fatal). There are some limitations to the Surfer's powers - he's not omnipotent. Also, the power cosmic is not magical in origin, so Superman has no vulnerability there.

Basically, the power cosmic is like a big store of universal energy the Surfer can tap into to augment his powers and abilities. It typically enables him to have the approximate strength of an enraged Hulk (yes, it's true), and throw around vast amounts of destructive energy.

Superman is capable of beating even a cosmically-powered Surfer, IMO. He probably WOULD beat the Surfer without his power cosmic in effect, as Supes physically outclasses him without it. With full access to his cosmic power reserve, the Surfer is able give Superman all he can handle. He would probably be the most powerful opponent the Man of Steel has ever faced. Superman has the resilience to take most of what the Surfer can throw at him, but the Surfer can take everything Supes can dish out, too.

It could come down to who lasts the longest. Superman has an enormous, but finite level of endurance and energy. The Surfer's power source is practically unlimited. That could tell the tale, though I can still see the scales tipping in Superman's favor - maybe as much as half of the time.

It doesn't really matter if the Surfer knows Superman's weakness or not, the Surfer outpowers Supes on every level--strength, speed, energy projection, it's all stacked in the Surfer's favor. Besides, I don't think it would take that long before the Surfer started draining energy out of Superman. The Surfer would have Supes sucked dry in a matter of minutes.

As for Superman vs. Thor, I'd give it to Thor. Not only does Superman have a distinct weakness against magic, but Thor's hammer can drain energy as well. Thor is a guy that challenged the Celestial and told them they would die (not that I think he could have followed through on that one).

-----§ DarkQuasar §-----

The Surfer doesn't outclass Superman unless he's tapping fully into the power cosmic. In most cases, he's completely able to do this at will, but there have been some instances where he can't - thus allowing someone like the Thing to put a hurt on him, for example. Surfer has the capability to match or exceed Superman's abilities with his power reserve, but it's not 100% automatic.

The Surfer can't suck life energy out of his opponents - he's not a vampire.

Thor's main problem vs. Superman is that he's not as invulnerable as Superman is. Their strength is roughly equal - though I'd probably give the edge to Supes. However, exploding shells and anti-tank fire, etc., can hurt Thor, whereas Superman just shurgs stuff like that off. Still a battle that could go either way, but Superman has an advantage, IMO.

Originally posted by Superman
As much as I hate to say it, I have to give this one to Surfer.:(
But I still say Superman can beat Thor. It would be close but Supes could do it.
And the Hulk is no match at all.

BTW I don't think Surfer would use kryptonite, That would be to cheep. Surfer is an honorable hero and if they was to fight he would just suck enough power from Supes to stop him then once he found out that Supes was a hero like him he would give him back his powers and they would be close freinds. Them both being the last of there race and all. They would have alot in common.:)

Yeah but Thor beat the Surfer. What does that tell you?

Are we talking about the same Silver Surfer that was beaten by Carnage in a Spiderman issue a while back? If so, then Supes would have no problem.

Originally posted by Spidey Rules
Are we talking about the same Silver Surfer that was beaten by Carnage in a Spiderman issue a while back? If so, then Supes would have no problem.

No, we're talking about a Silver Surfer who isn't writtin poorly.

Originally posted by The Amazing Spider-Man

LOL:)

Originally posted by Anubis

Yeah but Thor beat the Surfer. What does that tell you?

Well that tell me that he was writtin poorly like ASM said.:)

Yeah but it is all apart of continuity so it still happened in the Marvel Universe. He will never live it down.

Anyway, Thor beat both Adam Warlock and the Surfer in a comic once. He went into that worrior rage he tends to go into and beat them. If you think supes can beat Thor then he should be able to beat the Surfer too. But then again I don't know much about the Surfer or his powers, or who he has fought. ( Besides, Galactus and Thanos ) So to tell you the truth I can't say. But he did lose to Thor and that is a fact that has some relivance to the Thread.

Superman can increase his powers at an exponential rate when in close proximity to the Sun. His power don't have a limit, he just keeps it ay a specific reasonabe level to live on Earth. Read the Trial of Superman. Also when Superman Returned from the dead, he got a power increase (not related to the Sun) that started in Action Comics 696 and Man of Steel 30, where he got so powerful. He Kicked Lobo's ass, punching him into orbit and some other stuff. So don't count Supes out yet.

Well I'd like to see Silver Surfer face Doomsday. At the level Doomsday is now after facing Superman (the first time). The Surfer would be hard pressed to defeat him, and if he did Doomsday would come back, evolved beyond the capacity for the Silver surfer to defeat him.

Originally posted by The Amazing Spider-Man

Well using your logic I guess I can say that Superman has been poorly written and that his true power has been watered down. I guess it depends on who writes the comic book. I've never read either Superman or Silver Surfer comics, so I'll leave this to the experts.

Superman is definately outclassed in the power department by The Silver Surfer. He can drain the suns radiation from Superman as he drained the Hulks Gamma radiation in Hulk # 250. Thus Supermans battery would be on E and he would be vulnerable. The Silver could shoot kryptonite rays from his hands, engulf superman with a force filed around his head so he couldn't breath, or fly him into the Sun and fry him. Superman is fast but the Silver flys at hyperspace speeds! The Flash doesn't come close to that.I think Thor versus Superman would be much closer, however I give Thor the edge in fighting ability and also his MAGIC hammer. Anyone else see Captain Marvel lay the smack down lightning style on Superman in Kingdom Come? That is a Thor specialty. One hit from some lightning and a good wallop with the hammer and Supes is in trouble. Especially now that Thor has the Odin force as well.

Originally posted by THOR
He drained the Hulks Gamma radiation in Hulk # 250.

Wouldn't that mean that Dr. Banner would be cured of the Hulk curse? Since there is no more radiation, no more Hulk, right?

If the surfer is that tough, then how did Carnage beat him (yes someone mentioned it was poorly written, but since it happened, doesn't that make it a fact) and how was Dr. Doom able to beat him?

Hey Spidey Rules check out that issue. He did cure the Hulk. But gave him back the radiation to save him as he went a little mad after finally being free of the force field. The other case of Doctor Doom is a genius developing a weapon to drain the Surfers power cosmic. As for Carnage, that is just poor writing, nothing more. One blast from The Silver and Carnage is ash.

Originally posted by Spidey Rules

Well using your logic I guess I can say that Superman has been poorly written and that his true power has been watered down. I guess it depends on who writes the comic book. I've never read either Superman or Silver Surfer comics, so I'll leave this to the experts.

Oh, come on Silver Surfer being defeated by the Carnage symbiote, or rather ambushed and connecting with it, is Silver Surfer being written poorly. I've never read Silver Surfer comics either, but he SHOULD NOT be defeated by Carnage. The dude was given his powers by Galactus, a symbiote should be a pushover.

Originally posted by THOR
the Silver flys at hyperspace speeds! The Flash doesn't come close to that.

Have you read Flash ever?
Flash is just as fast if not faster than hyperspeed.

The Flash

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"