World Siulver Surfer VS SUPERMAN

Originally posted by Mr. X
Anyone read issue 4 of JLA/Avengers? The Radioactive Man put Superman down, using a specific wavelength of radiation. The Silver Surfer once threatened The Gladiator by saying this. "I could easily defeat you, I know your weakness. A simple wave of my hand and it would be done". The Silver Surfer could and probably would detect that weakness in Superman's bio-matrix force field from the very beginning, and blast Superman with a heavy dose of that radiation. His force field would overload, and he'd be extremly vulnerable. Get your !!!! straight guys. :o

Gee, I didn't know that SS was actuslly the reincarnation of the messiah himself.Thank God you have set me straight;there's no telling what kind of social disgrace I may have suffered by believing this way.I guess you told me.

:rolleyes:

And was I talking directly to you, ******o? :o

Superman wins... IF the Surfer is being poorly portrayed like half the writers do.

Agreed Gimili. Mr. X, ignore dude. He's a rookie, he don't know any better.

You can't pit omnipotent heroes against weaker, albeit powerful, heroes. Red Skull vs. Per Degaton makes sense. Iron Man vs. Steel makes sense. Darkseid vs Apocolypse makes sense.

These two characters are in an entirely different class from each other.

So what are you saying Hero? Superman wins? j/k

You really saying the Surfer would win right? :confused:

Originally posted by HerosOnFilm
You can't pit omnipotent heroes against weaker, albeit powerful, heroes. Red Skull vs. Per Degaton makes sense. Iron Man vs. Steel makes sense. Darkseid vs Apocolypse makes sense.

These two characters are in an entirely different class from each other.

The thing is, Surfer really isn't all that more different from most MU Earth hero's, he's not way cosmic or anything. Only thing is, his strength has always been pretty consistent, and he's never really been written as unbeatable, ala Superman. Karnak's beaten him, Doom's beaten him, The Thing's beaten him, and so on. Great character. :up:

That has far more to do with the writers' inability to come to a complete consensus of how powerful the Silver Surfer's supposed
to be than him being on the same level as the likes of Iron Man and Hercules. He can be sandwiched between Galactus' hands and instantly heal himself upon release in one book and be hurt by the Thing in another.

Iron Man's beaten him before. Helluva fight though, and Stark really had to use his mind.

And The SS has never been on Galactus's level. He himseld has said before that Galactus could easily kill him if he wanted to, even when he's near death and extremly weak. The Thing has never really hurt him, per say. He knocked him out by hitting him in the head with his own board.

I don't know about that Iron Man battle. If Iron Man won via knockout, I'm inclined to believe that it lacked credibility, no matter
how much he used his brain.

I never said that the Silver Surfer was anywhere near Galactus. I only said he survived being sandwiched between his hands, which
is a very impressive durability feat any way you slice it. Oh, yeah, this was one of the few times Galactus was actually trying to kill him.

That surfboard thing sounds like a "cheap-out." The Thing's strength should still limit the force the surfboard packs severely.

Since we're on the topic, the Silver Surfer's power feats include absorbing a star, shutting down all the machines on the planet, and time travel by going faster than light.

Originally posted by Gimili I don't know about that Iron Man battle. If Iron Man won via knockout, I'm inclined to believe that it lacked credibility, no matter
how much he used his brain.

It took just about everything Stark had. He dropped a freakin mountain on the SS, and was absorbing the energy the SS was shooting at him, re-directing it, and so on. If the SS went all out, Stark would of been dead without a doubt.

I never said that the Silver Surfer was anywhere near Galactus. I only said he survived being sandwiched between his hands, which
is a very impressive durability feat any way you slice it. Oh, yeah, this was one of the few times Galactus was actually trying to kill him.

Galactus has never truly wanted to kill the SS, the two are very, very close. When Galactus died a couple of years ago, the SS was very torn up about it. And no one's debating how tough the SS is, he's extremly durable.

That surfboard thing sounds like a "cheap-out." The Thing's strength should still limit the force the surfboard packs severely.

Not really, his board is ultra tough, like adamantium and then some. I believe the SS's brain is still human, so his head is still somewhat vulnerable, as is Firelords. Karnak once knocked out The SS by hitting him in the head with a bunch of rock. Then again Karnak can detect the weakness in just about anything.

It took just about everything Stark had. He dropped a freakin mountain on the SS, and was absorbing the energy the SS was shooting at him, re-directing it, and so on. If the SS went all out, Stark would of been dead without a doubt.

Well, that description does sound believable.

Galactus has never truly wanted to kill the SS, the two are very, very close. When Galactus died a couple of years ago, the SS was very torn up about it. And no one's debating how tough the SS is, he's extremly durable.

Galactus has never wanted to kill the Surfer, but that doesn't mean he never tried. In the story I refer to, Galactus says, "so be it. The Surfer shall soar no more!"

True, no one's arguing that the Silver Surfer is tough (save of course those who say that Superman can easily knock him out), but the Surfer's fights with Galactus prove that he's very inconsistent.

Not really, his board is ultra tough, like adamantium and then some.

My original point stands. Captain America has demonstrated in the past that while his shield is stronger than adamantium, he can't throw it hard enough to matter.

I believe the SS's brain is still human, so his head is still somewhat vulnerable, as is Firelords. Karnak once knocked out The SS by hitting him in the head with a bunch of rock. Then again Karnak can detect the weakness in just about anything.

There's still the problem of having to get through the Surfer's tough skin to get to the brain. Plus, if a rock can hit the brain and knock him out, he should be knocked out every time a fellow entity even grazes it.

Originally posted by Gimili Galactus has never wanted to kill the Surfer, but that doesn't mean he never tried. In the story I refer to, Galactus says, "so be it. The Surfer shall soar no more!"

Was he talking about the force field he erected around Earth to keep the SS in?

My original point stands. Captain America has demonstrated in the past that while his shield is stronger than adamantium, he can't throw it hard enough to matter.

Captain America's shield is a helluva lot tougher then adamantium. Thing is, he's human, albeit a strong one. But that in the hands of The Hulk, or Superman as shown in JLA/Avengers #4, and they would be near unstopable with it.

There's still the problem of having to get through the Surfer's tough skin to get to the brain. Plus, if a rock can hit the brain and knock him out, he should be knocked out every time a fellow entity even grazes it.

Hit him hard enough and the brain will be effect. It rattling around and what not. And as I said before, Karnak can find specific weakness's in just about anything. Not to mention it was used to further the story and the SS wasn't really trying either, as he usually isn't.

And yet the silver surfer been beat by lesser superheros and had his powers stolen by dr doom. Also hulk was able to give him a hard time by mr. x respect thread where the hulk grab his board and was breaking it.

But no superman should never ever beat a superpower surfer, because even if he does somehow win it is bad writing.

But when the Hulk and other guys do it,it is ok for him to lose to them right.

How many time in marvel has the little guys fought somebody with power like the surfer, Gladiator and Galactus.

From a mathematical standpoint, such beings would experience no threat whatsoever from normal Thor, or an enraged Hulk, or a Silver Surfer, etc.

So is it reasonable to belived that superman can win someway,somehow by fighting smart and Strategic planning.

So in a straight up fight superman loses. But with planning and other things he can coup a win.

Was he talking about the force field he erected around Earth to keep the SS in?

Of course not. It was when he was sandwiching the Silver Surfer between his hands. In other words, Galactus was trying to kill
the Surfer.

Captain America's shield is a helluva lot tougher then adamantium. Thing is, he's human, albeit a strong one. But that in the hands of The Hulk, or Superman as shown in JLA/Avengers #4, and they would be near unstopable with it.

Which is kinda what I said, which is that Cap's strength limits the force behind his shield.

Hit him hard enough and the brain will be effect. It rattling around and what not. And as I said before, Karnak can find specific weakness's in just about anything. Not to mention it was used to further the story and the SS wasn't really trying either, as he usually isn't.

Well, that still raises the question of how he can be punched in the head by another entity and not have his brain turned to spaghetti.

Originally posted by SSR_Forest And yet the silver surfer been beat by lesser superheros and had his powers stolen by dr doom. Also hulk was able to give him a hard time by mr. x respect thread where the hulk grab his board and was breaking it.

You talk about Dr. Doom like he isn't anything special. He beat Galactus and the freakin' Pre-Retcon Beyonder. He stole the power from a Watcher before too.

How many time in marvel has the little guys fought somebody with power like the surfer, Gladiator and Galactus.

It makes for an interesting interesting read. And Galactus could kill anyone on the MU Earth with a stay thought, it's been said before. It would be more trouble then it's worth though.

And Superman isn't exactly the biggest think in comicdom. And this is a staight up fight, Superman doesen't get the priviledge to get to plan ahead of time.

Originally posted by GimiliOf course not. It was when he was sandwiching the Silver Surfer between his hands. In other words, Galactus was trying to kill the Surfer.

As I said before, and I'll say again, if he really wanted him dead, he'd be dead. These are comics man, lighten up a little. You do know how powerful Galactus is right? Second force of the universe and all?

Well, that still raises the question of how he can be punched in the head by another entity and not have his brain turned to spaghetti.

Once again, these are comics. Not everything is explainable.

As I said before, and I'll say again, if he really wanted him dead, he'd be dead. These are comics man, lighten up a little. You do know how powerful Galactus is right? Second force of the universe and all?

The point is, this is an incredibly impressive feat any way you look at it.

And yes, I know how powerful Galactus is. At anywhere near his strongest, the mightiest heroes on Earth are like ants to him.

Once again, these are comics. Not everything is explainable.

Perhaps not, but this is. The logical explanation is that bad writing
happens at times.

Originally posted by Gimili
And yes, I know how powerful Galactus is. At anywhere near his strongest, the mightiest heroes on Earth are like ants to him.

It took almost everyone on Marvel Earth, plus the Shi'ar, plus about the best from half a dozen other worlds to stop a dying, extremly weak Galactus.

And yes, bad writing does happen sometimes.

Gimili, no offense but do you actually think with NOO prep time, Superman can beat the Surfer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"