Siulver Surfer VS SUPERMAN

Discussion in 'Super-World' started by Lobo, Jul 22, 2002.

?

Silver Surfer vs Superman

1. Superman

2. Silver Surfer

3. too close to call

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gambit_Fan Registered

i think it be too close to call really it would defenitly be a good match

2. Guyverjay Registered

No offense Gambit fan but aren't you the guy that thinks batman and cyclops can beat Goku?:D LOL

3. superman all the way

4. AgentPat Squeaky wheel

Holy crap! This is without a doubt The. Oldest. Thread. I've EVER seen brought back from the dead. Wow. LMAO!!!

Oh... and yeah, Supes baby, all da way. :p

5. Showtime Your Friend In Time

I second that notion, can we hand out awards?

6. Dark_Gambit Dark like the sun!

I dont like saying it because I like supes but the Surfer would take it.

7. DarkSuperman Registered

I love big blue but the surfer would rock superman's ass like a hurricane.

The difference between them is that Surfer can do everything superman can only 10x Better. Superman draws his powers from the sun, SS draws his from the universe, thats every star! The Surfer can augment his strength to be as much as he wants, travel as fast as he wants, and do generally whatever he wants. Superman is da man, but The Silver Surfer is da God.

8. Bapman Registered

This is a very flawed fight to start with... so doesn't really matter.
    Surfer is powerful... yes... but he got taken out with a Brick or was it a rock... I dont remember but it was one of those 2... no joke.
    Surfer is FAST... that... vectoring fast... as in going somewhere really fast... he's not the bullet dodging or grabbing reflexing and fast like superman. Go ahead you can argue as much as you want but they have never shown him that way... hence he's not that.
    Then... there was also this arguement about SURFER can just create Kryptonite to take out Supes... oh yeah ofcourse... he has a manual on what Supes is weakness... wht kind of chinese dish he likes right !?... Again... Flawed arguement... remember one clear thing... other than Kryptonie... its pointless to hit Supes with anything else... even Darkseid's omega beam became useless near the end.
    Oh yeah... there's also the point that Surfer can drain Supe's energy... right... like Supe is gonna strike a pose and go... Have at thee alien monstosity... no... again flawed arguement.
    NOW... to Surfer
    The guy can go through STUFF... why would he even need to go hand to hand... he can shoot with cosmic blasts... when Supes fires heat vision realising he needs to go long range... Surfer will either block or become intangible... Now Surfer phasing his hand inside Supes's body and stopping his heart depends entire on the situation and the way they are fighting.

Lastly... as I said... it is a fight that really has no clear answer... Surfer fanboys will go he's 10x uber than Super... whether he is or not is beside the point.
    And Super fanboys will go... Supe's cannot be beat by the pansy naked Silver guy.
    They are both capable of taking each other out... Surfer in no way is Physically as powerful as Superman... while Superman does not have the variety of deadly powers Surfer has.

9. GreenKToo In the fire

good point.the one your a fan of will win,no matter the arguements.

10. DrMylesOBoogie Registered

My vote (Surfer) is purely based on the short teaser trailer for FF: Rise of The Silver Surfer which $hits all over SR.

11. Lead Cenobite Exquisitely Empty

Do you Returns haters have lives? You manage to work in bashing at every turn, geez.

12. Spike141 Registered

Superman is stronger than Surfer....he would win. This Fight is POWER VS POWERS. Yes, Surfer has many powers over Superman and many advantages. Cosmic awareness....red sun radiation......is draining his solar energy. However, this doesn’t ensure Surfers victory. AND SURFER”S Transmutation is laughable. Surfer couldn’t do it to someone as powerful as Thor or Superman and has never been shown to do it. Surfer WON’T be able to drain all of Superman’s energy if any!....this will take a lot of effort for Surfer to suck Superman dry. Surfer hardly if ever uses this against a powerful enemy. Thor with his hammer can’t do it then Surfer can’t. Surfer lost to Thor on many occasions so Surfer is not all powerful despite what some Surfer fanboys believe. Most important Superman will not stand their while Surfer tries to drain him. Also, people state Surfer has an ace in the hole. The Astral plane. Surfer can manage to get Superman in the astral plane is fight is over for Superman. But I have not seen Surfer do this at will in any situation he wants and i doubt he can do it anytime he wants. For two main reasons this is not possibe….Even the most die hard Silver Surfer fans will agree that Superman is physical stronger than Surfer, so grabbing Supes and taking him anywhere is most likely out of the question. And Surfer Out-smarting Supes is very doubtful, since out of the two Superman is really known for out-smarting his enemies.....Surfer will most likely try to out power Superman and that won’t happen.

~ Kryptonite is also non-factor in they're fight because Silver Surfer would not be able to recreate the right kryptonite to hurt Superman (not all Kryptonite hurts Superman some have no effect) and if he recreates the wrong one like red, black Kryptonite, ect…. it will make Superman more dangerous than he already is.

This is just similar to THOR VS SUPERMAN. There will always be people who think Thor should win because of the Magic/experience and there will always be people who think Superman should win because he is generally consider (by Both sides of the argument) to be stronger and faster.

Same issue with Silver Surfer vs. Superman....Surfer has too many powers and has advantages over Superman. (Superman’s weakness). Answer that question...Superman has been fighting his weakness's for 70+ years....... and he is a better hand to hand fighter, more experience, and stronger. There speed is considered equal. Surfer is faster in a race but Superman has faster reaction time. A lot of people assume being able to fly / run at near light speed, is the same as superspeed reactions. It is not, I have never ever seen the Surfer deliver rapid punches or avoid missiles/ villains like Superman, Flash and even Spider-Man! The secret is that Superman, just like the Flash would see the Surfer moving in slow-motion!

. I have noticed when some people answer Superman wins over Surfer....and then the word fanboy comes out. Some people yes may be Superman fanboys and I am a Superman fan but if I think someone else is more powerful ill say it. Silver Surfer has more powers but is not more powerful than Superman. Strength wise Surfer is out classed. With that note it’s up to the writers and IMO Superman or Surfer can beat the other in a comic. Anybody who thinks otherwise and says Surfer all the way are fanboys just as much as people who say Superman wins this one. This is no easy fight for either character.

Superman is strong enough to KO....or possibly kill the Surfer with enough brute force. He has that potential. However, I dont see a quick KO in this fight. I have seen ...some of Surfer embarrassing defeats....Carnage, Thing, Black Panther, even showed trouble with Spider-man in early comics. Thing has KO ed Surfer…. Superman can take a full power punch from the Hulk and not be moved. Superman is way more consistent in battles. Not to say that Superman doesn’t have loses that make you WTF, but all in all Supes is usually the one who defeats the odds! When this battle happens it is going be a big one that’s for sure. Surfer has a lot of varied powers But even if surfer could sense Supes weakens, which I got to say the dumbest logical of all like red sun radiation. Superman has to be close to Surfer and Superman will not be drain immediately… it has always shown to take some time for Superman to start losing his powers. and Superman has beaten pretty much everybody and has been in tons of strange situations and got out of them. Even though I see Surfer just doing a straight up battle instead of using his other abilities, because Surfer never uses it in any real tough battle. This is how i see the battle happening. Surfer will use speed, cosmic blast, and some draining energy (if possible). IF Surfer gets thru Supes Force field and dense structure....the fight is over. However, Superman can and will defeat Surfer before this happens. Surfer would not have enough time with Kal-El being able to deliver 100,000+ punches in a blink of an eye - sorry Surfer (love you and all) but Superman is my choice on this matter. Final OW has done this and concluded that Superman is more powerful. AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING BECAUSE OW IS EXTREMELY MARVEL FAVORED in my opinion.

13. Conner Kent Registered

all over the boards i have been reading how doomsday killed superman and trying to make the point that doomsday is somehow weak or something and use this in their argument against superman that doomsday is a hulk knock off i don't think people realize just how powerful he truly is,he is a kryptonian after all and a experiment at that so superman getting killed by that moster is not a suprise alot of people would go down to doomsday a hulk like kryptonian come on and technically superman did not die he was on the drink of death

14. Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

I really think Silver Surfer....but I really don't know. It would be one heck of a fight! :D