World Siulver Surfer VS SUPERMAN

Actually I have read Flash, and yes he is not as fast as the Silver Surfer. A mortal who runs/vibrates etc is quick, an alien who flies on a surboard through galaxies is quicker in my opinion. I rember an old issue of Superman where that version of the Flash could barely beat Supes? Perhaps that was poor writing in that issue? If you have an issue or factoid that proves that the Flash is indeed faster than hyperspace travel then I would love to see it. The marvel superheroes game lists the Silver Surfers flying speed in space as Class 5000. Thats about as high as that game goes power wise. That is a mutiplier of light speed. I thought the Flash could run at light speed?

Originally posted by THOR
Actually I have read Flash, and yes he is not as fast as the Silver Surfer. A mortal who runs/vibrates etc is quick, an alien who flies on a surboard through galaxies is quicker in my opinion. I rember an old issue of Superman where that version of the Flash could barely beat Supes? Perhaps that was poor writing in that issue? If you have an issue or factoid that proves that the Flash is indeed faster than hyperspace travel then I would love to see it. The marvel superheroes game lists the Silver Surfers flying speed in space as Class 5000. Thats about as high as that game goes power wise. That is a mutiplier of light speed. I thought the Flash could run at light speed?

I have that book, it was before he discovered the speed force.
I don't know anything about this Class 5000 thing, I don't play those games but if you read the link above you will see this....

"Wally West can now run faster than any of the other Flashes before him"

Now The old Flashes could run at the speed of light, 186.000 miles a sec.
So if they could run that fast and he is much faster than they are then I think it's safe to say that he could run at hyperspace speeds. That is if he could run in space.;) :)

That's a tough one. Both have their advantages. By the way, did any of you ever read that Green Lantern vs. Silver Surfer that came out a long time ago? That was good stuff.

It's obvious that the Surfer would win. The Silver Surfer was ranked as the most powerful Superhero in the comic world by Wizard magazine. Characters like Galactus or the Spectre or other god like beings wern't considered. At any rate the reason that characters such as Thor, Carnage, and the Hulk has beaten the Surfer was do to poor writing, or writers lessing the Surfer's abilities so they can write a battle between such characters as the Hulk and the surfer or whoever. The Sufer is a great character, but was never given threats or charaters were never created that was worthy of him. His own series just wasn't developed to good potential. The Surfer would mop the floor with Supes and the rest of the JLA combined. Now a good writer could make it interesting and have a lessor powered being win by outsmarting the Surfer, like maybe Batman would think up a way or Reed Richards, now things like that I can accept, but not someone like Carnage beating the Surfer in a flat out fight. I'll even give Superman a chance to win over the Surfer if he was to out think him, but not in a flat out battle, I'm sorry Supes would lose.

Originally posted by Spidey Rules
Are we talking about the same Silver Surfer that was beaten by Carnage in a Spiderman issue a while back? If so, then Supes would have no problem.

Lets not forget about Superman was beaten by Venom in one of the DC/Marvel crossovers, and spidey shows up and saves Supes from Venom. That was a poorly written Superman.

How is this poll even close? My bad!! It's in a Superman thread! There is no way Superman would win. Well there is a way but.......bad writin doesn't count. With the exception of strength MAYBE, well cancel that maybe, Surfer has Supes matched. Plus anyone that knows comics and comes in with a really open mind knows that the power cosmic is even above Superman level. And to be fair to both Superman and Silver Surfer, Venom or Carnage shouldn't be able to beat either of them.

Originally posted by Docker
How is this poll even close? My bad!! It's in a Superman thread! There is no way Superman would win. Well there is a way but.......bad writin doesn't count. With the exception of strength MAYBE, well cancel that maybe, Superman has Surfer matched in that dept but not by much. Plus anyone that knows comics and comes in with a really open mind knows that the power cosmic is even above Superman level. And to be fair to both Superman and Silver Surfer, Venom or Carnage shouldn't be able to beat either of them.

Originally posted by Superman
Have you read Flash ever?
Flash is just as fast if not faster than hyperspeed.

The Flash
Flash has the potential to be faster than SS but it would probably require a fatal risk with the speed force. SS moves at warp speeds. He can get through galaxies in seconds. If the Flash moved that fast, which he could, he would be lost to the speed force.

As for Supes vs. the Surfer. Surfer wins. No contest.

I hate to get Childish here but PreCrisis Supes w/ or w/o sword of Superman would take down SS with minimal effort.

Oh yeah!! There is no way the Surfer is going to win in this poll. It's in a Superman thread and some people don't even give reasons why Superman would win. Just cuase.

Originally posted by Kroc1138
I hate to get Childish here but PreCrisis Supes w/ or w/o sword of Superman would take down SS with minimal effort.
Pre-Crisis Supes could take down God, blindfolded, with no use of his arms or legs. So please don't included him. Current Superman would lose.

mmmm yeah, I'm thinkin the Surfer would whoop Supes. Doesn't he have the power to destroy planets/create life, etc?

Originally posted by krisboyuk
Pre-Crisis Supes could take down God, blindfolded, with no use of his arms or legs. So please don't included him. Current Superman would lose.
yes couldent take the Hulk in a fist fight.

It seems that few of you actually know the capabilities of each hero. While Surfer does comand the power cosmic, Sman does harbor more than adequate amounts of sheer brute strength to send SS cowering back to mighty Galactus. During the Infinity Gauntlet debaucle, SS had his shellhead cracked by Thanos, who I might add was nearly mauled by the Hulk and was only saved by using the gauntlet to tamper with reality to shrink the not-so-jolly green giant! Sman's strength supeiority to the Hulk is common knowledge and is supported by the logic that greenie meanie cant get too angy when he's unconsious, of which he has been incapacitated by lesser foes in the past. The Only way SS could dispatch of Sman is if SS supercharged his cosmic attack and successfully unleashed it on a clever and powerful moving target. This one is tough to call either way. Making a solid decision at this point would make one too suspect of an ill-informed bias!

no offence or anything,but silver surfer is quite a bit more powerful in just a bout every field than superman.also when has superman ever beat he Hulk phyiscaly in a fight that was not voted on.or has been proven strong enough to beat him fast enough for the Hulk not to get enraged

Originally posted by ironfistgod1
It seems that few of you actually know the capabilities of each hero. While Surfer does comand the power cosmic, Sman does harbor more than adequate amounts of sheer brute strength to send SS cowering back to mighty Galactus. During the Infinity Gauntlet debaucle, SS had his shellhead cracked by Thanos, who I might add was nearly mauled by the Hulk and was only saved by using the gauntlet to tamper with reality to shrink the not-so-jolly green giant! Sman's strength supeiority to the Hulk is common knowledge and is supported by the logic that greenie meanie cant get too angy when he's unconsious, of which he has been incapacitated by lesser foes in the past. The Only way SS could dispatch of Sman is if SS supercharged his cosmic attack and successfully unleashed it on a clever and powerful moving target. This one is tough to call either way. Making a solid decision at this point would make one too suspect of an ill-informed bias!

Eh?

Originally posted by ironfistgod1
You obviously don't know what your talking about!!! What proof do you have that Superman is strong than the Hulk? Even if he was, in which I doubt, Surfer doesn't rely on strength alone. Have you read his comics? Surfer could destroy planets if need be and all kind of things. Why do you think when he and Superman met in the comics, they didn't fight? Superman was quick to fight Juggernaut out of the blue, even though it was out of character but we know why he didnt' fight Surfer, cuase the peeps at DC and Marvel know there is no way Supes is beatin him. So they teamed up from the jump. No how many times has that happened in a crossover? :rolleyes: Never!

The sufer's got this one, he has the powers of a God so can do many things to counteract supes moves.

In this particular case, it would depend on which version of the Man of Steel is being brought out of the closet.I'm going to assume (going by most of the responses) we are refering to the current version of Superman. This means that he's stronger than the MOS version done by Byrne,but nowhere near the pre-crisis version of big blue.(actually,there is no character in existence that could match up w\pre crisis Superman.)
Well......lets take the current version in hand and he still could give the Surfer a run for his money.If the cosmically charged surfer showed up,Supes would have to take a sun bath to hang w /surfer,but if the conventional version of both of them were duking it out,then I'd say that 7 times out of 10 Superman has enough moxie to win.

Take a sun bath my ass, it takes 11 minutes for supes to get to the sun at his top speed. Whats SS going to be doing ? Scratching his ass?

The surfer could also take a sun bath and obliterate superman.

10 times out of 10 surfer wins:o

Anyone read issue 4 of JLA/Avengers? The Radioactive Man put Superman down, using a specific wavelength of radiation. The Silver Surfer once threatened The Gladiator by saying this. "I could easily defeat you, I know your weakness. A simple wave of my hand and it would be done". The Silver Surfer could and probably would detect that weakness in Superman's bio-matrix force field from the very beginning, and blast Superman with a heavy dose of that radiation. His force field would overload, and he'd be extremly vulnerable. Get your !!!! straight guys. :o

Don't even waste your breath Mr. X. Superman could admit that he couldn't beat the Surfer and some people would come up with a thousand reasons as to why he could. It is just a waste of time. Why do you think it is in a Superman thread? It is called false reassurance.

Originally posted by Docker
Don't even waste your breath Mr. X. Superman could admit that he couldn't beat the Surfer and some people would come up with a thousand reasons as to why he could. It is just a waste of time. Why do you think it is in a Superman thread? It is called false reassurance.

True, true. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"