The Amazing Spider-Man SM4: spidey, hero or menace?

I'm being nitpicky? LOL! Pot, kettle, and black spring to mind here.

I'm not purposely confusing anything. If I'm confusing your points, it's because your points don't make sense.

Yes.

No, he blamed himself because he deliberately let the criminal go just to spite the wrestling manager who cheated him. He could have stopped the thief but he didn't.

He didn't use his great power with great responsibility. And if that's not clear enough for you, you do remember that confession he made to Aunt May in SM-2 for being responsible for Ben's death, right?

He didn't blame himself for the actions of the criminal. He blamed himself for his lack of action in stopping the criminal when he should have.

With great power comes great responsibility. He doesn't blame himself for the deaths Green Goblin and Doc Ock caused because at least he tried to stop them. He didn't stand back and do nothing.

Exactamundo.
All of which is moot. Whether or not he's viewed as a hero depends on how people see his intentions, not whether or not he makes mistakes. Nobody knows how he & Ock got on top of the train, why the Goblin attacked the tram or anything else. This thread is about his public image. Hell, people know he hung up his tights for a while. Do they know he did it over a girl? No. Do they know he smacked his girl while he was possessed by an alien parasite? Or that he tried to kill Sandman? Or that he blew up his best friend? No. He makes mistakes. So what? Does that mean he's not a hero? I don't think so. Is he less of a hero for not pulling the Goblin out of the way of the glider?

whoa, this poll has split the board in two.

Well, I guess it's safe to say, half the people don't know what they're talking about. :oldrazz:

Did anybody really distrust him in 2, other than Jameson, Harry (for obvious reasons) & the guy who thought he'd jacked Peter for the pizza?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"