The Dark Knight So, about the Joker?

Azrael13

Civilian
Reaction score
In the end of the movie Joker is already the Joker. So does this mean that Batman will not be the cause of Joker's falling into the acid in the next movie?

Nothing really is known about it yet. We're not sure if he has the classic Joker look or if he just uses that card for some reason. There may be a flashback sequence revealing his origin or it may just be unclear. It's all speculation right now.

hmmm. good answer. How would the people like to see Joker's begining?

It's kinda split. There's a following that want to see the Red Hood style scenario with toxic chemical bath and there are people who want it to remain unseen (adds to the mystery of the Joker). Since Nolan is keyed toward realism, I'd imagine he gives us something of a solid origin. I'm hoping he pulls a page out of The Killing Joke and gives the illusion that it's not definitive.

There are a few threads that touch on what people want to see.

Mister J said:
It's kinda split. There's a following that want to see the Red Hood style scenario with toxic chemical bath and there are people who want it to remain unseen (adds to the mystery of the Joker). Since Nolan is keyed toward realism, I'd imagine he gives us something of a solid origin. I'm hoping he pulls a page out of The Killing Joke and gives the illusion that it's not definitive.

There are a few threads that touch on what people want to see.

The killing joke was a great graphic novel and i too hope that they do it like that. I'd rather see Joker's reflecting on his past then actually showing it up front, do it the killing joke way!

also Adrian Brody for Joker would be the greatest.

i'd rather they don't tell the Jokers orgin, hint at it, but don't give him a definite orgigin.

also Brody for Joker, no
Hulme for Joker, YES :)

The Joker should be the only to tell his origin, no flashbacks though. Not only should he tell his origin, he should do it several times (it never being the same of course) and each change to the story should serve a purpose. An example of this is telling a young Harleen Quinzell a sad sad story and using it as a weapon of manipulation.

It seems to me that there would have been plenty of time between the crashing of the train and the meeting between Gordon and Bats on the rooftop. After all, I would think it would take at least a week for Gordon to make up a Bat-signal, that would be plenty of time for Batman to have the encounter with the Red Hood. Also, I would prefer the origin be told in flashbacks, with it being rather vague and unclear as to if it's the way it really happened.

I hope they don't tell the origin. A few hints about him having a wife that was killed and falling in some acid etc, but nothing concrete and definitly no Red Hood.

If they want to tell it I had this idea that I posted here earlier:
Falcone could have blackmailed Joker and then killed his wife and dumped him in the acid. He shows up later looking for revenge but learns that Batman has already taken care of Falcone and then he goes after Batman who denied him his revenge.

TheFalcon said:
I hope they don't tell the origin. A few hints about him having a wife that was killed and falling in some acid etc, but nothing concrete and definitly no Red Hood.

If they want to tell it I had this idea that I posted here earlier:
Falcone could have blackmailed Joker and then killed his wife and dumped him in the acid. He shows up later looking for revenge but learns that Batman has already taken care of Falcone and then he goes after Batman who denied him his revenge.
wow.....that idea for the origin of the joker is god awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"