The Dark Knight Joker's origin

I don't think will have an Joker origin. Since the Joker was already introduced in BB and had already committed a couple of crimes I think Batman will try to figure out his origin himself and for the personal connection I think Joker will become angry at bats for chasing him and trying to catch him. Batman probably gets closer to catching Joker, screws up some of Joker's plans and that makes him angry. I think....

Crooklyn said:
....no, it's not.

Well, it give good character development for Bruce. He'll feel guilty when he finds out he created Joker.

Oh, and nice Addy. Who is it?

COMPO said:
Well, it give good character development for Bruce. He'll feel guilty when he finds out he created Joker.

Oh, and nice Addy. Who is it?

But he really didn't create The Joker. It isn't hi fault that The Joker already had the necessairy psychological problems for the trauma of his accident to make him crazy. Hell, it's not entirely his fault that he had his accident. Had The Joker not gotten his chemical bath, he probably would have snapped later on anyway.

Whether the accident really was Batman's fault or not is irrelevant, the point is that Joker blames Batman, and the idea that maybe his presence has caused men like the Joker to become what they are causes Bats a great deal of inner turmoil. So, while maybe not essential, not having Batman involved in the creation of the Joker takes away a great amount of dramatic weapons for Nolan to use.

I think Nolan is pretentious enough to make that massive change by putting him in a costume/mask. Dosent anyone remeber when BB came out and everyone was asking about the Joker and him and Goyer said he won't look like you'd expect and that he will look more like the playing card?

K.B. said:
I think Nolan is pretentious enough to make that massive change by putting him in a costume/mask. Dosent anyone remeber when BB came out and everyone was asking about the Joker and him and Goyer said he won't look like you'd expect and that he will look more like the playing card?

No. Mainly because neither of them never, ever said that.

Oh, dear god, this really is Prisoner of Azkaban all over again...and there I was thinking how much I missed the days of arguing with idiots who had to make 'facts' to back up their hatred of the director.

Yay.

cryptic name said:
Whether the accident really was Batman's fault or not is irrelevant, the point is that Joker blames Batman, and the idea that maybe his presence has caused men like the Joker to become what they are causes Bats a great deal of inner turmoil. So, while maybe not essential, not having Batman involved in the creation of the Joker takes away a great amount of dramatic weapons for Nolan to use.

But The Joker doesn't blame Batman for anything. If anything, he'd see the accident as a moment that opened his eyes. After the accident, as he sees it, he transcended. Transcended the restraints of sanity and morality. Now he does what he wants, when he wants, and gives no regard to anything but his own whims. Really, if he did hold Batman responsible, he'd thank him.

i've got an idea for the joker. What if at the beginning of the movie we saw him being turned into the joker. And he disappears and goes into the shadows and everyone thinks its a copycat killer killing people until....

ba.ba.baaaaam It reallly is the jOker.

Personally, I kind of like it better having the Joker's origin go unexplained; as in here's this terrifying green-haired sociopath-and nobody knows where he came from or what shaped him into being the living incarnate of evil and madness clad in purple we all know and love.

I too, think they should leave his origin out of The Dark Knight and maybe put something together for the 3rd, although it should be short and not necessarily true. He should be as much of a mystery to "the average viewer" as Batman is a mystery to the citizens of Gotham city.

I think that it would be good to kind of show Joker's background and history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"