The Dark Knight Rises The Joker in the next Batman films

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well IMO you can run out of things to do with Heaths Joker. He enjoyed blowing a lot of things up and cutting a few people. Okay, but how will that seperate from any psychotic killers, past or future? Open it up to the more dark humorus wild side of the Joker that could conjur these creative plans, combine it with a realistic Joker, and I would enjoy it. That's just one thing I didnt like about TDK Joker: there were do many different things you could've done with him

How many serial killers do you know of who cut smiles on their victims faces, paint clown make up on them and pin Joker cards to their bodies?

Well IMO you can run out of things to do with Heaths Joker. He enjoyed blowing a lot of things up and cutting a few people. Okay, but how will that seperate from any psychotic killers, past or future? Open it up to the more dark humorus wild side of the Joker that could conjur these creative plans, combine it with a realistic Joker, and I would enjoy it. That's just one thing I didnt like about TDK Joker: there were do many different things you could've done with him

So which one is it?

I think you're missing the point of Heath Ledger's Joker in TDK. He's not just "blowing a lot of things up and cutting a few people", he's assaulting law & order and even the concept of morality (and the belief in it) itself. He is the antithesis of Batman, trying to destroy what he upholds. This Joker has plenty of the dark humorous side, in fact he revels in it. He doesn't really jokes, he exposes the one he perceives society to be. It was this depth that is why The Dark Knight transcended audiences' preconceptions of the genre, and why many people think it was the best superhero movie of all time, and why Ledger's Joker is also considered the best comic book movie villain of all time. I think your criticism applies much more to Mark Hamill's Joker, actually.

How many serial killers do you know of who cut smiles on their victims faces, paint clown make up on them and pin Joker cards to their bodies?

Exactly. More than that, Heath Ledger's Joker is somehow similar, yet the antithesis of Christian Bale's Batman. Remember the description of him in the teaser trailer?
Alfred Pennyworth: "Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with."
Is it just me or could this apply to Batman's pursuit of the abstract concepts of justice and order nearly as well as the Joker's pursuit of the abstract concepts of anarchy and chaos?

Joker isn't just a physical role. It's part of it, but look at Heath and that outcome

Joker isn't just a physical role. It's part of it, but look at Heath and that outcome

No argument there, Heath owned the role...but the show must go as they say. And Brody is a decent actor, and different enough that it won't appear they are looking for a Clone of Heath as a replacement.

I don't think any of us want to see another Actor try and Copy Heath...do they?

We all know directors won't copy each others characters. But still, Joker and all, I personally don't see Brody

I personally don't see Brody

I can see Brody in the role...but I also like your suggestion of Jim Carrey. I love Jim and know he could totally pull it off. Unfortunately, I don't think he'll escape the stigma of playing the Riddler in Batman Forever. I think WB will want to stay clear of that.

But hey, you never know. Everybody said Chris Evans couldn't play Captain America because he played the Human Torch...and I think that's going to work out just fine.:yay:

Right, I just see Jim because he's had both sides of the playing field already, not to mention familiarity with Batman. He's got the most energy out of anyone to do it IMO

Right, I just see Jim because he's had both sides of the playing field already, not to mention familiarity with Batman. He's got the most energy out of anyone to do it IMO

Agreed. Jim does serious every bit as well as he does comedy.:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back