The Dark Knight Should the Joker die?

For eighteen years there hasn't been a Batman/Joker story in live action film and now that we are getting one, your immediately calling for his execution.

Get over yourself.

you have failed to read my previous posts, and thus you sound like an idiot.

LOL! I think this is a thread the Joker would appreciate! :woot:

LMAO! :up:

Ladies & Gentlemen, Raybia and I will be here all week, LIVE at the Improv under our stage names Zany and Madcap. BTW, is your turn to be Zany, or Madcap? :joker:

LMAO! :up:

Ladies & Gentlemen, Raybia and I will be here all week, LIVE at the Improv under our stage names Zany and Madcap. BTW, is your turn to be Zany, or Madcap? :joker:

Its funny you should mention that because I just received this:

madcap.jpg

I'll let you be Zany!

A2.jpg

Yeah, I think they should kill Batman's archenemy and mortal foe. Forget about the over 60 years of history they have and that the Joker is a character who is greatly responsible for the success of Batman in the comics. Lets forgot also about some of the great movie ideas they could be adapted from elements of past classic Joker/Batman stories.

Maybe they should also kill Two face as well. Killing these characters off will help to bring Batman's war on crime to an eventually end and finally give Batman the peace that us fanboys so deperately want for the character.

But Batman is suppose to never truly find peace in his war on crime.

you have failed to read my previous posts, and thus you sound like an idiot.

You just don't take a hint, do you?

I read them quite well. I believe the "Once the Joker served his purpose he should be put down." is what you were jibber jabbering about. But guess what, genius, being Batman's archenemy IS his purpose and I like it that way. So do most of us. If your pissing and moaning about reoccurring villains, drop dead and don't read comics. Nolan isn't going to be an idiot and kill off one the greatest antagonists of all time just because your "tired" of it. He knows the value of a good character a lot more than you do.

Now get back under your bridge.

You just don't take a hint, do you?

I read them quite well. I believe the "Once the Joker served his purpose he should be put down." is you that were jibber jabbering about. But guess what, genius, being Batman's archenemy IS his purpose and I like it that way. So do most of us. If your pissing and moaning about reoccurring villains, drop dead and don't read comics. Nolan isn't going to be an idiot and kill off one the greatest antagonists of all time just because your "tired" of it. He knows the value of a good character a lot more than you do.

Now get back under your bridge.

Damn, don't hurt em Hammer!

Sarcasm is loss on the truly innocent ones. :yay:

In my defense I only looked at a few words in your first paragraph, got distracted by a lizard running across my wall and then read your second one, dumped hot tea in my lap, and then decided to respond.

My mindset was questionable at the time :cmad:

they should kill of Joker at the end of the third movie, because his purpose will be done. Thats one of the things that always bothered me about comics, they just keep bringing the same bad guy back over and over again, and we eventually get tired of them, or the writers run out of stories to tell. once joker has served his purpose, he should be killed off, to make room for new fresh villians and new ideas.

I absolutely disagree.

Do you think it is a coincidence that the most successful, iconic superheroes are the ones with the best villains? And if you look at the low-points in the history of, say, Spider-Man or Batman, they are usually associated with times when the writers tried "fresh villains and new ideas", with the popular rogues gallery replaced with "original" villains that fans just don't give a crap about.

It's not like EVERY Batman villain is used over and over again. The Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow, these are a select few of a HUGE laundry list of baddies that Batman battled in the early days. The ones that the fans connected with, and WANTED to read the continued exploits of.

And that's where the key flaw in your argument appears. You act like these villains are being forced on the fans. Hardly. Often, it's the new villains that are forced on fans, shoved down their throat, and constantly made to look "better" than the classic vilains to hammer the message home. Long-term, it rarely works. Fact is, the reason classic villains get brought back again and again is because the fans WANT them to come back...again and again.

For me, and many others I'm sure, in Batman - and all comics I like - the villains are a central part of the appeal of that universe. Batman's foes are integral to his success. I certainly know that a Gotham City without Joker is one I certainly wouldn't want to read about.

I think Eros' point is that it's unrealistic for a villain like the Joker to keep escaping and evading true punishment. He should be dead and there's a lack of satisfaction in knowing he's going to keep doing horrible things and get away with it. However, that's the just one of the fantasy aspects of comic books, and if the characters are compelling enough we'll want to see them again no matter how evil and irredeemable they are.

In my defense I only looked at a few words in your first paragraph, got distracted by a lizard running across my wall and then read your second one, dumped hot tea in my lap, and then decided to respond.

My mindset was questionable at the time :cmad:

You know, I would like to see an Elseworld's type story were Bruce has finally eradicate crime in Gotham and then instead of being satisfied, he kind of loses it and declares war on crime in America and comes into conflict with the other heroes.

Since of course even Batman cannot be every where all at once, he employs some rather extreme measures to accomplishes this drawing the ire of both the Superhero community and the U.S. Government.

In this story, I would like the Government to actually discover his identity, but have Bruce already have an contingency plan in place for this with billions of dollars all over the world in the name of alias identities and with backup Batcaves all over the world.

You know, I would like to see an Elseworld's type story were Bruce has finally eradicate crime in Gotham and then instead of being satisfied, he kind of loses it and declares war on crime in America and comes into conflict with the other heroes.

Since of course even Batman cannot be every where all at once, he employs some rather extreme measures to accomplishes this drawing the ire of both the Superhero community and the U.S. Government.

In this story, I would like the Government to actually discover his identity, but have Bruce already have an contingency plan in place for this with billions of dollars all over the world in the name of alias identities and with backup Batcaves all over the world.

anim_jlbatman.jpg

Not in this movie if he supposedly the supplier of the acid Maroni uses on Dent. I want him to die in the 3rd movie though, along with Two-Face. Sorry but I'm not a one for keeping villains alive when they've overdone their welcome in films.

I absolutely disagree.

Do you think it is a coincidence that the most successful, iconic superheroes are the ones with the best villains? And if you look at the low-points in the history of, say, Spider-Man or Batman, they are usually associated with times when the writers tried "fresh villains and new ideas", with the popular rogues gallery replaced with "original" villains that fans just don't give a crap about.

It's not like EVERY Batman villain is used over and over again. The Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow, these are a select few of a HUGE laundry list of baddies that Batman battled in the early days. The ones that the fans connected with, and WANTED to read the continued exploits of.

And that's where the key flaw in your argument appears. You act like these villains are being forced on the fans. Hardly. Often, it's the new villains that are forced on fans, shoved down their throat, and constantly made to look "better" than the classic vilains to hammer the message home. Long-term, it rarely works. Fact is, the reason classic villains get brought back again and again is because the fans WANT them to come back...again and again.

For me, and many others I'm sure, in Batman - and all comics I like - the villains are a central part of the appeal of that universe. Batman's foes are integral to his success. I certainly know that a Gotham City without Joker is one I certainly wouldn't want to read about.

In comics, yea Im sure that kind of repetetive thinking is fine. But In terms of Batman Movies, Joker should be killed of at the end off the thrid movie, once his story is complete, same as Harvey Dent/ Two-face.

In comics, yea Im sure that kind of repetetive thinking is fine. But In terms of Batman Movies, Joker should be killed of at the end off the thrid movie, once his story is complete, same as Harvey Dent/ Two-face.

I thought I told you to get back under your bridge.

I thought I told you to get back under your bridge.

you seem to attack people that have a different opinion then yourself, but serously dude, let it go.

Well, you're changing your argument now, as you made the point by saying it was something that always bothered you about the COMICS, but the point still stands.

A character can serve their purpose, and finish their story, without being killed off. Send them to Arkham, or have them disappear, or whatever. That way, you are "completing their story", without totally cutting off the possibility of a new story. You're leaving your options open. With a franchise like Batman, the best option is leaving villains like The Joker in a situation where they COULD come back, even if they ultimately don't. That way, everyone's happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"