So games aren't just violent they're racist too

Just remember if your friend tyrone turns into a zombie...you can't shoot him to save your life. Its racism.:csad:

Where were the cries of racism when Leon had to kill the black cop in Resident Evil 2? :whatever:

I just hope Capcom doesn't get pressured into changing the games story, character, or pushing back its release date just because people are stupid and can't separate fiction from reality.

My mom says that there are a lot of black people in Africa.

There is a lot of "subtle," racism out there. I'm not familiar with this particular game, but it's true that Blacks are too often portrayed in a negative way in the media. Some of it is based in reality, but a lot of it is just pure racism.

Basically the game is that there's some sort of outbreak or something that occurs in Haiti while a US Agent, (the white guy) is there..for...whatever...the infected Haitians try to kill him while the agent basically defends himself...

I personally don't understand what the big deal is after there was no criticism over RE4 being all Spanish cult people trying to kill you, and back in the earlier games when it was mostly white people trying to kill you...

I personally think these over-sensitive people being racist toward their own culture in the sense that...the zombie games are all fun...until they're black..THEN they're savages :o

There is a lot of "subtle," racism out there. I'm not familiar with this particular game, but it's true that Blacks are too often portrayed in a negative way in the media. Some of it is based in reality, but a lot of it is just pure racism.
The Resident Evil, RE 2, RE 3, and RE: Code Veronica games had white zombies, the RE 4 game had hispanic zombies. Both Outbreak games have white zombies; The Outbreak games also have two black main characters in non-negative roles.

Okay, so in the games with the white and hispanic zombies, what race were the shooters?

In RE4 White and Asian, and in the other REs the races were all over. A rainbow of Zombie killers.

Okay, so maybe in this example with this particular brand, there was no racist intention.

I don't think there's ever really racist intention in any games, people are just too sensitive with certain issues and connect little things to the color of a character's skin.

Well...there was that game back in like...the 80's where you were a Sheriff who tried to have sex with a bunch of Native Americans...General Custer's revenge or something..

I would agree that people are sometimes overly sensitive. But I would also say that some people are too insensitive. Just because you (as an example) may not be a racist and therefore aren't watching for racism everywhere, doesn't mean it's not out there to a greater extent than you personally realize or have experienced.

I have an idea of racism...I play Xbox LIVE :csad:

But I prefer to call racists "ghosts" :o

Eh, the game looks fun though. Wish I could affored the system it's being released on.

I guess we're just not allowed to show blacks as ever doing anything wrong huh?
This reminds me of Tool song "Hush", "I can't say what I wanna say, even when I don't mean it."

true but seeing as the game is set in Africa, and had the majority of on screen characters zombie or otherwise be white, there would have been a kick up

you really can win sometimes

i love how they worded "the white man" and its not the least bit racist. and i mean come on, ill kill any and all races in a video game. im not prejudiced.

488793989_l.jpg

i got it. change the lead character to a black guy. problem solved. moving on....

I got it. How about everybody quits taking small things the wrong way and makes everything about race?

Die Hard was racist against Germans :csad:

So was Indiana Jones :csad:

Star Wars was racist against clone troopers :csad:

It's racist to assume blacks can't become zombies like everyone else.:cmad:

I was actually kind of anticipating that some people would accuse Peter Jackson of racism because of the black natives on Skull Island in King Kong.

I was actually kind of anticipating that some people would accuse Peter Jackson of racism because of the black natives on Skull Island in King Kong.

We didn't hear much about that surprisingly, thank god. I mean Jesus Christ people, what do you expect natives on a tropical island to look like?

We didn't hear much about that surprisingly, thank god. I mean Jesus Christ people, what do you expect natives on a tropical island to look like?

Hawaiians? :huh: Besides, you just said you didn't hear a lot of complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"