So games aren't just violent they're racist too

Nah, they're the most laid back people, ever. :woot:

He said Tropical. Hawaii is a tropical island. And when I went, I couldn't believe how friendly the people were. :yay:

thats their economy though, you just do the sing song to sell some crap to the idiotic tourists. im simply pointing out, why be angry if you are living in paradise.

"This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults."

My brain almost melted.

Prft. Black people aren't good enough to be zombies according to gameplay from Dead Rising. They can only be zombies if the black survivors become undead. Lame.:o:down

:p

I just thought they were clones of Ashy Larry. :o

I have alot of problems with the blog the woman wrote.

First of all. its riddled with inaccuracies. Such as, "its aimed at children and young adults". It is NOT aimed at children. The woman doesn't seem to research what she is talking about - she gives no mention at all towards the previous games. Her two main reasons for why the game is racist is because *gasp* it features a white guy shooting black people. Nevermind that the black people are ****ing crazy and trying to kill him. Would she have the same problem if it were reversed? The issue of race probably wouldn't even be noticed if it were reversed. And her other reason, "black people acting like savages". Lady, they're either bat**** crazy because of parasites or something, or they're zombies. The same ****ing theme that carries througout ALL Resi Evil games. I don't think some Japanese guy woke up and realized he could use the zombie theme to get his racist feelings out into the world.

The other problem I have with the woman, is that she's just flat out ignorant. She posted a follow up blog, where she basically calls everyone that had responded to her first blog as racist. Yeah, a small handful of the comments left in her first one were left by idiots trying to get a rise out of her. But MOST of the comments were people trying to have a genuine discussion with her, and pointing out the obvious flaws in her argument. Did she respond to this once? No. She just basically ranted that "some people called me ****** in response to my blog, therefore Resident Evil fans are racists".

I thought about leaving my own comment, with my own arguments, and to ask her "why the hell did you ignore the people actually trying to debate with you?". But it would be a waste of my time. She put NO thought or research or anything into her very flawed blog in the first place.

Yeah, here is her incredibly ignorant blog follow up...

http://askthisblackwoman.com/2007/08/01/more-on-resident-evil-5.aspx

Now, anyone here that has read her original blog knows that the stupid racist comments were in the vast minority, and that most people that had posted wanted to debate, and pointed out her obvious flaws.

Instead of responding to the intelligent posts, she made the concious decision to respond to people that only wanted to get a rise out of her anyway.

Hey, Jack Bauer killed Curtis at the beginning of S6 so he must be racist:D

Kym Platt - “I would love to play Resident Evil 4. I’ll go borrow it from my 10 year-old nephew.”
Wow, I'm sick of these stupid parents who buy M rated games for their kids then complain that it's "too violent".

I'm not surprised . . . who's Jack Thompson?
Basicly some ***hole who blames video games on all the world's problems.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if he blamed games on the Iraq war or 9/11.

Where are people finding Kym's comments?

Apparently, she said all zombies should be white from now on. Where did she say that?

You know, I've come to a conclusion.....no matter what race the of RE:5's protagonist is...if the zombies are still black there will always be someone complaining.

Where are people finding Kym's comments?

Apparently, she said all zombies should be white from now on. Where did she say that?
http://www.blacklooks.org/2007/07/resident_evil_5.html

Posted by R_N
But they… ARE zombies. They aren’t “supposed” to be zombies.
If it’s any comfort, most of the zombies in the first 5 games (0-4) were white.

Response by Kym Platt

R_N,
Yes… I am more comfortable with the zombies being white. In fact, ALL zombies should be white from this day forth.

A lot of people called her out on this comment, but it is stated later by someoen else that they are pretty sure she was being sarcastic (which could very well be true). However, I don't believe she has responded yet to the complaints against the comment herself, at least, I haven't read where she has.

I always wanted more black zombies so..yay! Um I'm a black female and love the RE games more than anyone and look forward to playing RE5 so that person can suck on a lemon for all I care.

Because for whatever reason, we as a people refuse to work for equal footing in this society. We always want to play the victim, and we pull out a laundry list of "injustices" that the current generation haven't even had to deal with, to support our argument. I ain't never had no shackles on me! (and I'm sure someone will point out the irony of me saying "I ain't never had no. . .") I've never been whipped. I've never been arrested for sitting in the "wrong" section of a bus, or using the "wrong" public bathroom. I've never been beaten by the police. In fact, every encouter I've ever had with police, it'd be black cops treating me worse than white cops! (minor traffic issues, no felonies or anything like that). No one owes me a damn thing!

great post...good on you for being level-headed and strong minded on this subject.

Did anyone not see this coming? African womens' blog Black Looks has accused Resident Evil 5 of racism, calling into question the game's setting and depiction of black people as "inhuman savages".

Please...

They're "life-challenged".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"