So, I almost got in a fight with this "cop"

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
I was in the gym, minding my own business. JP, my trainer, was training his client...this young petite girl on an arms day. She was working hard. Anyways they go to do weighed bench dips. It's where you take two benches, put your feet on one and hands on another (behind your butt) and dip down with weight. This guy, later who we find out is named Jim, is about 54, somewhat heavy set but has a musculature to him. Anyways he must have been using (one of) the benches before JP got there. He went off for about 5 or 10 minutes though doing God knows what and then came back.

JP was pleasant when he got back and told him he could "totally work in if he needed to". The guy kind of erupted at him and JP said "we didn't know you were here, you were gone for several minutes" to which JIm replied "That's because I was having to pick up my sh** all over this gym" (keep in mind, my gym is small, finding collars takes you less than a minute to do). So JP cedes the bench. He does his set, leaves.

Several minutes pass, I manage 3 sets of Deadlifts and 4 sets of Rows, the guy comes back to the bench....JP again is using. He erupts again, this time even more. He starts claiming JP could be "charged with assault for the way he approached him (absolute bunk BTW)".

I'm not quiet sure whether it was the testosterone or the fact that this guys behavior, cussing out trainers in front of their young female clients, was what drove me over the edge. But I snapped.

I wait until this guy went into the locker room, and then I followed him.

He was washing his hands. I went up behind him and stuck out my hand and said...
"Hey what's your name Pal"
"Why the hell are you asking me that" Jim replied
"Because the way you acted out there was out of line and inappropriate. I know JP and Doc might do things sometimes that bug other members, but that is why we have a front desk"
Jim: "Well let me explain something to you those guys in there were taking my bench..."
"I don't care, we have a front desk here and if you have a problem with one of the trainers go talk to them and I am sure they will be happy to sort it out for you"
Jim: "Do you know I could charge you with assault for the way you approached me in this bathroom" Yeah...uh huh saying "what's your name" is assault...riiiiiigggght.
"Go ahead and try, I have a great lawyer"
Jim: "(Changes back to topic) Do you work here"
"No..."
Jim "So that just makes you nothing..."
"No, but I've been going here since the day they openned and I am concerned for both the safety of this place and it's members"
[BTW he is standing uncomfortably close to me when he is saying all this]
Jim: "You know I've been working out since before you were born"
(In my Head) You don't have much to show for it
Jim: "I work for the District Attorney" (By the way he told my trainer he was a Cop, not an attorney...something is fishy here).
"Yeah, well you aren't the manager here..."
"Look Pal, if you want to talk to the management staff I'm sure they'll be happy to accomidate you in any way..."

So basically the conversation ends, and he takes me into the office with Stephanie...who I think has a slight crush on me...and we talk it out. Basically she talks to him politely...while I finish exercising outside. She comes and gets me, we all go back in together...Jim tries to order me to sit down to which I said "Oh please after you...I'd rather stand".

When I told him his langauge and behavior was borderline violent he said "what are you some psychologist" to which I replied "well are you? going around acusing everyone of assault without probable cause".

Anyways after realizing he wasn't getting any grief from me or the staff he left...but he was writing a bunch of crap down up front before he left and gave his card to Steph.

Funny aside, Stephanie said she thinks Jim was guy who pulled up along side her on the Highway and cussed her out via his moving vehicle (she drives a convertable I think) for throwing her cigarette butt out the window claiming it was a federal offense.:whatever:

Did he take your cokes, too?:cmad:

Punch him in the face, dood.:cmad:

But seriously:

You get self-inflated idiots like that. They have some minor position of authority, SOMEWHERE, and they feel the need to exercise it, if not blow it entirely out of proportion, everywhere else.

"Shut up and lift!" is what I would have said to that jackass if I was in that gym. :)

jag
Yeah I wish you were their to back me up...however I had some good guns to watch my tail.

You should have told him you would bench press him or said the following:

"If you don't shut up I'll scrape your face on my washboard abs."

can't he get kicked out for being an ass?:huh:

OUTRAGIOUS Story SB! :wow: :up:

Way to stand up for the little people! :)

And good job handling yourself well around the guy with the little weiner!

Next time you speak to him tell him your a reporter writing a piece of abuse of power in the DA's office and ask if he has any official comments. If he presses you tell him you want it to be fair and ask him how many times a day he treatens people with assualt, then ask him the legal defination of assualt.

Best way to deal with those yahoos are to throw nature against them.

Reporters are the natural predators of lawyers.

I was in the gym, minding my own business. JP, my trainer, was training his client...this young petite girl on an arms day. She was working hard. Anyways they go to do weighed bench dips. It's where you take two benches, put your feet on one and hands on another (behind your butt) and dip down with weight. This guy, later who we find out is named Jim, is about 54, somewhat heavy set but has a musculature to him. Anyways he must have been using (one of) the benches before JP got there. He went off for about 5 or 10 minutes though doing God knows what and then came back.

JP was pleasant when he got back and told him he could "totally work in if he needed to". The guy kind of erupted at him and JP said "we didn't know you were here, you were gone for several minutes" to which JIm replied "That's because I was having to pick up my sh** all over this gym" (keep in mind, my gym is small, finding collars takes you less than a minute to do). So JP cedes the bench. He does his set, leaves.

Several minutes pass, I manage 3 sets of Deadlifts and 4 sets of Rows, the guy comes back to the bench....JP again is using. He erupts again, this time even more. He starts claiming JP could be "charged with assault for the way he approached him (absolute bunk BTW)".

I'm not quiet sure whether it was the testosterone or the fact that this guys behavior, cussing out trainers in front of their young female clients, was what drove me over the edge. But I snapped.

I wait until this guy went into the locker room, and then I followed him.

He was washing his hands. I went up behind him and stuck out my hand and said...
"Hey what's your name Pal"
"Why the hell are you asking me that" Jim replied
"Because the way you acted out there was out of line and inappropriate. I know JP and Doc might do things sometimes that bug other members, but that is why we have a front desk"
Jim: "Well let me explain something to you those guys in there were taking my bench..."
"I don't care, we have a front desk here and if you have a problem with one of the trainers go talk to them and I am sure they will be happy to sort it out for you"
Jim: "Do you know I could charge you with assault for the way you approached me in this bathroom" Yeah...uh huh saying "what's your name" is assault...riiiiiigggght.
"Go ahead and try, I have a great lawyer"
Jim: "(Changes back to topic) Do you work here"
"No..."
Jim "So that just makes you nothing..."
"No, but I've been going here since the day they openned and I am concerned for both the safety of this place and it's members"
[BTW he is standing uncomfortably close to me when he is saying all this]
Jim: "You know I've been working out since before you were born"
(In my Head) You don't have much to show for it
Jim: "I work for the District Attorney" (By the way he told my trainer he was a Cop, not an attorney...something is fishy here).
"Yeah, well you aren't the manager here..."
"Look Pal, if you want to talk to the management staff I'm sure they'll be happy to accomidate you in any way..."

So basically the conversation ends, and he takes me into the office with Stephanie...who I think has a slight crush on me...and we talk it out. Basically she talks to him politely...while I finish exercising outside. She comes and gets me, we all go back in together...Jim tries to order me to sit down to which I said "Oh please after you...I'd rather stand".

When I told him his langauge and behavior was borderline violent he said "what are you some psychologist" to which I replied "well are you? going around acusing everyone of assault without probable cause".

Anyways after realizing he wasn't getting any grief from me or the staff he left...but he was writing a bunch of crap down up front before he left and gave his card to Steph.

Funny aside, Stephanie said she thinks Jim was guy who pulled up along side her on the Highway and cussed her out via his moving vehicle (she drives a convertable I think) for throwing her cigarette butt out the window claiming it was a federal offense.:whatever:

This whole situation has been deemed: Unnecessary.

SB-I doubt he was a cop or a lawyer, just a pompous ass.
2nd-This is a reason that I work out at home!

He starts claiming JP could be "charged with assault for the way he approached him (absolute bunk BTW)"...

Jim: "Do you know I could charge you with assault for the way you approached me in this bathroom" ...

Umm...How 'bout "NO" Jim???

My bet, he's some low grade paper pusher at your local City Hall/County Clink and is so emasculated by the fact he could never actually wield the power of a cop or DA that he has to take it out on others.

You outta find his locker and tape the legal definition of assault to it...just to see what he does :oldrazz:

Did he take your cokes, too?:cmad:

Punch him in the face, dood.:cmad:

But seriously:

You get self-inflated idiots like that. They have some minor position of authority, SOMEWHERE, and they feel the need to exercise it, if not blow it entirely out of proportion, everywhere else.

lmao reminds me of this one time, funny story, my friend anthony had a go-ped and was riding it down my friend tommy's block, some idk 60-70 year old guy comes running out yelling at us saying what were doing is illegal and we are disturbing the peace on the block, first off i know its illegal Im not a tard, secondly it was like 2 in the afternoon, so im sure not many would care..

the guy tried taking the go-ped from my friend, and the guys like all Im a cop Ive been one for blah blah blah years, but Im retired.

so we just laughed at him and rode away, he hates us more than ever now. any time we pass he flips us off.

bastid :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"