I just got in a fight with a friend

Dew k. Mosi said:
No offense, but you people aren't real. You are words on a screen. This is a friend that I thought would be more sensitive to my beliefs, particularly knowing the losses that I have suffered.
I thought you thought as much which is why i included that theory in my original post.

Saying this though, His words shouldn't be anymore potent than any of the ones we say.

there are only just words and an opinion of another, no matter how close. When you start making assumptions on the way you think your friends should act towards you, this is generally the time where perhaps most people get upset of their friends taking advantage of you, when in theory, you have no obligations towards one another.

pretty much just like on here.

At the end of the day, he's probably not thinking 'oh, i think i maybe overstepped the mark here' but instead 'Damn, she used to be cool but has turned into a crazy psycho'.

He won't even give it two seconds thought and will carry on while you are hear taking the brunt of it and putting it out on a message board.

If you didn't rise to it, the whole thing would have blown over

AndThePickles said:
Exactly, as your friend in REAL LIFE, it was pretty messed up of him to not show enough respect for you and your beliefs.
Since when did friends have any obligations to do anything?

Just because someone is your friend doesn't mean they won't

steal from you
stalk you
talk crap behind your back
covet your belongings and wife
keep you from reaching your goals and generally hold you back
inconvinience you
Lie to your face
hurt you immensely
ignores you for years and years

the only difference that a friend and a stranger have is that a friend is likely to do decent things and be there for you, it doesn't mean that they automatically won't do crap to you.

This is one of the most common reasons why people get upset with their 'friends' when disagreements happen.

y'all are far too trusting

I'm not saying I'm surprised the friend did that.....just saying she wasn't in the wrong to get annoyed by it. I probably wouldn't have "told the person off," but I would at least say something to him regarding the fact that everyone is entitled to their opinions, so it isn't right to flat out call someone stupid for what they believe.

I'm real, dammit!! I'm real!!! :csad:

Dew k. Mosi said:
Because I told him that I got creeped out by something I saw on Ghost Hunters and he was mocking me for sort of believing in the supernatural. My stance is that something happens when we die, and since I don't know what it is, that I am open to believe that occasionally something gets left behind. I've had weird **** happen, as I am sure many of you have, and since I can't prove it is natural what is the big deal about remaining open to it being supernatural? Basically, he was calling me stupid, without going so far as to say the words, and so I told him off. Then he was all pissed at me and said, "We'll just talk later." and hung up.

Am I wrong for getting upset about this? I mean, I don't mock him for believing that when we die that's all she wrote. I believe that when I am sad about my son he sends me butterflies. Who does it hurt to believe that? It's not like I am proclaiming my beliefs on a soap box outside the mall or anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Q7YRDL90E

Dew k. Mosi said:
No offense, but you people aren't real. You are words on a screen. This is a friend that I thought would be more sensitive to my beliefs, particularly knowing the losses that I have suffered.
I'm for reals. :csad:

Anyway, your "friend" is making an ass of himself. The existence of invisible spiritual entities, or the possibility of persistence of consciousness after death, they're like belief in God. You can't prove them true or false, so, unlike the whole "Is the Earth flat or spheroid?" thing, you can't empirically say "You're an idiot." to a believer from either camp...uh, 'cause of their belief, in the matter.

DOG LIPS said:
I'm real, dammit!! I'm real!!! :csad:

Hahaha! Whatever! :down

Personally, Dew, I'd tell your friend that you were hurt and offended by his response and that you wish he wouldn't be so judgemental of you for your beliefs. After all, you show him that same courtesy, so he should do the same. If he's still a dickwad about it after that, invite him over for a nice dinner and stab him in the temple with an icepick when his back is turned. :)

jag

personally i think anyone who DOESN'T believe in the 'supernatural' is ridiculous. all depends on your definition i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"