So I am now unemployed.

Well, she's just stupid and clearly doesn't know how to manage her money, that's not all of us however. Some young people actually know how to plan and spend their money wisely..aka Bills first, entertainment and goodies second.

I would wager you and I are in the minority though. Some youngin's don't realize a credit card is not a magical object.

I actually had a history teacher back in high school that taught us as a side lesson that credit cards are nothing but evil in a plastic form.

I've actually heard quite the opposite of what you say about the way target treats their employees.

Well, let's be honest; retail doesn't really tend to treat their people that great all things considered. Loyalty to employees is even a problem in Corporate America these days, really. There's no such thing as a secure job anymore.

TO RING: I am glad you found work fast, but I hope you learned your lesson. Don't put faith in these types of employers. I still think you should try to set yourself up with your own personal income, whether it be through your art or photography. Are you invested in anything right now? Is your 401k looking good? At what age do you see yourself retiring? Do you have enough money saved in a bank account that you can live off of for a year without income? These are all questions you should be asking yourself.

EVERYONE should be asking themselves this, especially you youngsters that are on this site. The newest Iphone or IPOD or 22" rims or your $50.00 hats and $60.00 shirts and $70.00 pants and shoes and all that crap that I see kids (12-17yr olds) obsessing over are meaningless. Its funny that ring mentions he used to work for sears. Most self made, first generation millionaires shop at sears. I am talking about net worth millionaires <if you dont know what that means figure this: Take your age and multiply it by your annual income then divide by ten. That is how much you should be worth for your age.. then compare that to your bank account and property you own and see if you are even close to what you should be worth... It will make you think twice before you buy that new 60.00 video game or expensive telephone.

Read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" & "The Millionaire Next Door" for further info.

I know you're taking s**t over this, but it's good advice and it's good that you're focused on making sure your future is somewhat secure. :up:

jag

Well I didn't have a 401K plan at Sears I couldn't afford to have that and health care at the same time. And the health care sucked I was still paying out of my pocket for Dr. visits ( and we have had many of them over the past year ) so that took a big chunk of or cash flow. So to answer your other question, no we don't have enough in the bank to live off of for a year. So we will do what we always do. We'll cut corners where we can and cut out things that are not important. So that mean cutting back on cable to basic cable unless that have a deal going on for something else. I will have to keep my broadband internet though to use my phone that is through Vonage (much cheaper the the phone company). We will have to stop eating out and have more home cooked meals ( that will kill my happy meal addict son but oh well ). As well as stop buying things just because we want them, but that isn't a big issue we never really buy someing unless we need it ( work and school clothes ) or on sale for a great price.

My family says they will help when the can and I am thankful for that. But I don't want all my bills paid buy some one else.

I have heard of both of those books before but always thought they were a bunch of BS, but none the less still wouldn't mind reading them. Every little bit helps.

Glad you found something quick, and it sounds like there is some opportunity for you to move up in the company. Target has a pretty good reputation for how they treat their employees. Logan's Runt works for them and loves it, so you might ping her to see if she has any insider tips to share. Congrats! :up:

jag

Yep. :up:

I've actually heard quite the opposite of what you say about the way target treats their employees.

They can run you in a few circles sometimes, but you get that with any big corp. The 401(k) can't be beat, and they're actually very laid back. Opp for advancement is very good, especially for a person with previous managerial experience like Ring. The health benefits are damn good, too.

Ring- just make sure you keep your average hours as damn close to 40 as you can- everything is based on average hours.

Target is hiring like crazy right now for any of you other unemployed's. :up:

Yep. :up:

They can run you in a few circles sometimes, but you get that with any big corp. The 401(k) can't be beat, and they're actually very laid back. Opp for advancement is very good, especially for a person with previous managerial experience like Ring. The health benefits are damn good, too.

Ring- just make sure you keep your average hours as damn close to 40 as you can- everything is based on average hours.

Target is hiring like crazy right now for any of you other unemployed's. :up:

Thanks Runt. They are promising me 38 hours a week, but 40 should be easy to get in retail specially if you are with a custome doing a sale at the end of the day or orking on a project. I'll look into their 401k too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"