So, I'm a casual, why should I be excited for this?

warhorse78

Sidekick
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but the majority of the marvel movies I went to see , were mostly based on actors that I liked, not so much the superheroes. With that said, the casting for this movie is awfully, bland, and kind of on the elderly side. So, why is there so much hype for this movie? The majority of the movie going audience, especially ones that go see the superhero movies, are the younger crowd, so what's in this that will entice them to go see it?

Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas in a superhero movie? I'm just not buying that right now.

Rudd is Elderly?

Douglas=Redford in TWS.

This is a rather arrogant thread. Must it exist and not just be a post in the general Ant Man thread?

Isn't this movie directed by the guy behind Shaun of the Dead? And Scott Pilgrim vs the World? I guess that's why

I'm excited for this movie because Ant-Man is a great character and it's a Marvel movie, but most of all I'm just excited to see him shrink down and see what the world around him is like, getting lost in a Forrest of carpet, bugs that appear giant to our shrunken hero, I've wanted a 'Honey I shrunk the kids' remake for a while now, this is as close as I'm gonna get for now.

I hate to say it, but the majority of the marvel movies I went to see , were mostly based on actors that I liked, not so much the superheroes. With that said, the casting for this movie is awfully, bland, and kind of on the elderly side. So, why is there so much hype for this movie? The majority of the movie going audience, especially ones that go see the superhero movies, are the younger crowd, so what's in this that will entice them to go see it?

Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas in a superhero movie? I'm just not buying that right now.

Frankly,I'm underwhelmed as well.Not the best way to inspire confidence in a property that is shaky to begin with.

you should be excited because "Human Torch" isn't. read some of his other posts. then decide if you really want to be that guy.

I would be excited if Pym was the main character, but he isn't.

Unless this film impacts Avengers 3 heaving, which I doubt, or gets critically praised, I'd skip it.

you should be excited because "Human Torch" isn't. read some of his other posts. then decide if you really want to be that guy.

You're not exactly the soul of subtly when it comes veiled insults,are you?:whatever:

09764463_approval_gif.gif

The director makes great movies, every time. It's true they are not always financially successful though, so this may be just another great award-winning comic book action movie that no one sees because they can't imagine someone having a better imagination than they do. -shrug-

Last edited:
Hey,if it's a crime to be a purist,put my *** in jail.:woot:

I think it's a sign how underwhelming the film is,when there are no mods present in this forum to address my getting flamed in this thread.:oldrazz:

You should get excited because Marvel Studios is the best in the business.

There's more than a slight chance that Ant-Man could be another hit.

Rudd is Elderly?

Douglas=Redford in TWS.

Apparently you didn't read my post. Redford may be in TWS, but so is Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, Scarlet Johanson and Sebastian Stan. A young cast for the target demographic.

09764463_approval_gif.gif

The director makes great movies, every time. It's true they are not always financially successful though, so this may be just another great award-winning comic book action movie that no one sees because they can't imagine someone having a better imagination than they do. -shrug-
Yeah, being condescending is so going to help me try and be excited for this movie.

You should get excited because Marvel Studios is the best in the business.

There's more than a slight chance that Ant-Man could be another hit.

Yeah, I'm not optimistic right now. And I guess Marvel don't have much faith in the movie, or they wouldn't be casting well known veterans like Douglas and Rudd. Most of the time, they cast under the radar actors so their star power don't take away from the characters.

Apparently you didn't read my post. Redford may be in TWS, but so is Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, Scarlet Johanson and Sebastian Stan. A young cast for the target demographic.

the target demographic for this movie skews older, then.

Yeah, being condescending is so going to help me try and be excited for this movie.

no loss, there. i'm going to see it 3 times, opening weekend.

Yeah, I'm not optimistic right now. And I guess Marvel don't have much faith in the movie, or they wouldn't be casting well known veterans like Douglas and Rudd. Most of the time, they cast under the radar actors so their star power don't take away from the characters.

i have every bit of faith in Marvel and Edgar Wright. and i'm baffled as to why you think casting talent like Douglas is a sign of no faith. they got an award winner interested in being part of the movie. that's a sign of quality, right there.

Wait, aren't you condescending too? I thought I was speaking your language! Maybe I read you wrong: What could possibly get you excited for this movie?

I'm fairly certain RDJ is older than Rudd, and Rudd has been in a bunch of comedies that went over well with the younger crowd. Also I don't know anyone who looks at a movie and says "Wow those actors are old guess I'm not seeing that".

another reason
"We changed, frankly some of the MCU to accommodate this version of Ant-Man. Knowing what we wanted to do with Edgar and with Ant-Man, going years and years back, helped to dictate what we did with the roster for Avengers the first time. It was a bit of both in terms of his idea for the Ant-Man story influencing the birth of the MCU in the early films leading up to Avengers." --Kevin Feige

So in other words,thanks to Feige pandering to Wright's "vision", Pym and the overall strong comic source veracity in the MCU up to now is screwed.

So in other words,thanks to Feige pandering to Wright's "vision", Pym and the overall strong comic source veracity in the MCU up to now is screwed.

Wright's vision is the only reason Pym's going to be in a movie. there were no plans for Ant-Man prior to it.

Wright's plans were in place prior to there being an MCU.But rather than say,"Hey,Ed.You know,we decided to have a connected universe with these films.You'll have to adapt your 'vision' like favreau, branagh and johnson did to suit our plans,otherwise you're out." they're like "Y'know what?Screw Hank Pym.Who really gives a bleep what we do with Ant-Man anyway?The people that are actually into the character will just be happy that he even gets a big screen movie."

Wright's plans were in place prior to there being an MCU.But rather than say,"Hey,Ed.You know,we decided to have a connected universe with these films.You'll have to adapt your 'vision' like favreau, branagh and johnson did to suit our plans,otherwise you're out." they're like "Y'know what?Screw Hank Pym.Who really gives a bleep what we do with Ant-Man anyway?The people that are actually into the character will just be happy that he even gets a big screen movie."

because they were impressed with what Wright presented them. that's the point. you should be excited (but i don't personally care if you are) because the people that were creative enough to develop the Avengers Universe were excited. and they've, by no means, "screwed" Hank Pym. his story predates the Avengers. but Hank was still an active superhero Ant-Man. he still created the Pym Particles. him not having the black mark of creating Ultron or beating up Jan is a blessing. and Michael Douglas is talent; pure and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"