So, Like, What Up With Balder?

Isn't Balder Thor's Half-brother and also Odin's Son ?

He is also called as God of Light and has helped Thor in many battles....I think.

Who played Balder in Thor? will he be in the sequel ?

Last edited:
He wasn't in Thor.

I don't think they'll even bother. Shame, Balder's effin' awesome.

Tyr would be awesome as well.

^ Tyr has already been confirmed to be in Thor: The Dark World by the way.

What if Odin has Balder hidden away in order to prevent Ragnarok?

What if Odin had Balder hidden away because he's really, really boring?

Could be! It's been done before.

But, given how many other characters are in this story already, I rather hope he stays hidden, at least for this film.

what if balder dead? And ragnorok gets set up for 3?

Im not saying that Balder is missed, I just thought it was weird that nobody ever mentions him. Including me. I totally forgot about him.

I couldn't careless about Balder not being in the films, he isn't nearly as interesting of a brother as Loki.

Not a huge fan of the guy, but I don't think they'll go through the movies without eventually including or mentioning Balder. We'll see.

You johnny come latelys only got to experience the wishy washy, easily manipulated Balder from JMS' run. Go back and see how awesome he was in Simonson's run. Guy kinda out shown Thor.

If they decide to use Surtur and Ragnarok in Thor 3, I can see that being the reason they use to explain Balder's absence.

Balder outshining Thor? That's by far the biggest "lol" I've had all week. :funny:

I'm a big fan of Simonson's run, yes Balder was alot more awesome then but "outshining Thor" is pushing it.

Last edited:
Given how things have been set up so far, I'd actually guess that if Balder does exist in the movie version, he's probably an elder of Odin and Heimdall's generation, *not* Odin's son. That would explain his lack of involvement with Thor, and also better allow for him to be some kind of shut-in or exile.

I couldn't careless about Balder not being in the films, he isn't nearly as interesting of a brother as Loki.

Agreed. We are getting tyr, don't really NEED another not necessary brother

If they decide to use Surtur and Ragnarok in Thor 3, I can see that being the reason they use to explain Balder's absence.

I have been saying this for months. I believe that Balder will get mentioned, and the reason for his absence is because he is already dead, thus leading up to ragnarok and surtur for thor 3.

You johnny come latelys only got to experience the wishy washy, easily manipulated Balder from JMS' run. Go back and see how awesome he was in Simonson's run. Guy kinda out shown Thor.

Balder outshining Thor? That's by far the biggest "lol" I've had all week. :funny:

I'm a big fan of Simonson's run, yes Balder was alot more awesome then but "outshining Thor" is pushing it.

Seriously. I never was a fan of Balder. Not gunna lie. In any of the runs, Simonson's runs included, whenever Balder came on, I would literally say "uhhhhhhhh" and just skim through it. I don't care for Balder either. I am just trying to guess the reason for his absence, if there is one, other than the fact that they simply may have not choosen to use him.

Given how things have been set up so far, I'd actually guess that if Balder does exist in the movie version, he's probably an elder of Odin and Heimdall's generation, *not* Odin's son. That would explain his lack of involvement with Thor, and also better allow for him to be some kind of shut-in or exile.

I am not sure I agree with that too much

I think Balder is considered Redundant, as he's kind of Thor Lite.

I hate balder, every time I got to a page that involved Balder in Simonson's run, I kind of read through it.

But with Surtur possibly being around, I still think Balder may already be dead (thank god), and lead up to Ragnarok

I am beginning to wonder if Tyr will wind up being in the land of the dead with other dead warriors, so maybe we'll see Balder as well there. Though there's been nothing about casting the character as far as I know.

Possibly. i think we are being really wishful here. haha. But maybe not, I feel like this movie is going to be packed with Thor characters, maybe a lot of cameos.

With the 9 realms being involved, don't be surprised if Thor's rogue gallery gets put on display here, I am open to the idea of say, Ulik having an appearance

:up:

...So,do they call him Balder because he wears a rug?

:rimshot:

Er,sorry.....*backs out of thread slowly*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"