Social Media Reactions + Reviews

Last edited:
The screenings are taking place right now, so we should be getting reactions in about 2 hours.

The screenings are taking place right now, so we should be getting reactions in about 2 hours.

Praying that they're positive:

giphy.gif

That last Tweet is music to my ears because Infinity War is my favorite MCU movie.

Also I've noticed a LOT of people have been raving about the action in this, that's even more music to my ears. I'm especially looking forward to battle on Olympus and the battle on Indigarr alongside the Guardians.

I'm looking forward too the final battle to but Thor's fights against large groups of enemies are always much better than his fights against the main antagonist and he does much cooler stuff against them. Most of the time barely even looks superhuman in his fights against the main big bads, he comes off as looking like a diet Thor.

Last edited:
For the most part, things are positive but it seems the biggest complaints so far are pacing and the overall narrative being somewhat weak.

Once I saw the runtime I already knew the "felt rushed", "it has pacing issues", and "I wish so and so was developed more/had more screentime was coming".

This is exactly why I shook my head when the runtime was confirmed.

Opinions range from "Best Thor movie" to "Massive disappointment after Ragnarok", lmao critics are so extreme it's hilarious.

Another thing I'm noticing is the CGI quality is mentioned a few times. That has been the case for much of Phase 4 so I'm beginning to wonder if maybe Marvel just has way too many projects going to keep the CGI quality up, especially with all the VFX production companies having a severe backlog right now.

Opinions range from "Best Thor movie" to "Massive disappointment after Ragnarok", lmao critics are so extreme it's hilarious.

The opinions seem to range more between "Better than Ragnarok", "Can't decide if it's better than Ragnarok" to "not quite as good as Ragnarok". Why are focusing so much on the few negative ones?

The reactions so far seem to have a GOTG Vol. 2 vibe in that the film doesn't quite reach the heights of its predecessor. I'm getting the feeling that the RT score is going to end up in the low to mid 80s.

The reactions so far seem to have a GOTG Vol. 2 vibe in that the film doesn't quite reach the heights of its predecessor. I'm getting the feeling that the RT score is going to end up in the low to mid 80s.

Which means cultured folks will see it's even better than its predecessor. lol

Here’s a compilation from all the RT approved critics reactions I’ve seen so far.
Positive - 69
Mixed - 8
Negative - 10

EDIT: Looking like low 80's.

Last edited:
The opinions seem to range more between "Better than Ragnarok", "Can't decide if it's better than Ragnarok" to "not quite as good as Ragnarok". Why are focusing so much on the few negative ones?

Lol what the...I said the opinions range from Best Thor movie to Massive Disappointment, I laughed at how much the take differ I didn't focus on the negative or positive.

Yeh at this rate it's probably going to land on the low 80's.

Which means cultured folks will see it's even better than its predecessor. lol

Exactly, I think first films hit a lot better with critics because of the "new toy" effect that first had sometimes.

GOTG 2 was just as good as the first or slightly better to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"