Social Media Reactions + Reviews

Here’s a compilation from all the RT approved critics reactions I’ve seen so far.
Positive - 72
Mixed - 9
Negative - 14

Now it seems to be heading into DS:MOM territory.

Really happy with their reactions.

Here’s a compilation from all the RT approved critics reactions I’ve seen so far.
Positive - 72
Mixed - 9
Negative - 14

Now it seems to be heading into DS:MOM territory.

Really depressing to see so many of the typical Phase 4 criticisms being levelled against this as well.

I was really hoping for this to be a home run, but it looks like just another "Ok, but not great" entry. Marvel are going to really up their game from now on to keep me interested.

Once I saw the runtime I already knew the "felt rushed", "it has pacing issues", and "I wish so and so was developed more/had more screentime was coming".

This is exactly why I shook my head when the runtime was confirmed.

Why the hell can't we get a Thor movie that's 2.5 hours?

Disney's current approach of "faster, cheaper, easier" is really hurting these flicks.

Disney's current approach of "faster, cheaper, easier" is really hurting these flicks.

The Trailers alone tell you that this shouldnt be a short movie, there is so much stuff in it...barely 2 hours is way too little.
Even worse is that they allegedly have material for at least a 3 hour movie.

And i dont get Disneys mindset, you dont need to rush things, you can spend the money and dare stuff, why they Sabotage themself, i dont understand.

The Trailers alone tell you that this shouldnt be a short movie, there is so much stuff in it...barely 2 hours is way too little.
Even worse is that they allegedly have material for at least a 3 hour movie.

And i dont get Disneys mindset, you dont need to rush things, you can spend the money and dare stuff, why they Sabotage themself, i dont understand.

Both of you are spitting facts.

Sounds like I'm going to really enjoy this film, it's seems to deliver what I've expected knowing this is a Taika film and that is entertainment.

I've given up on getting the Thor film I want from Marvel Studios (the tone of the first film combined with the scale and action of the Taika films) a long time ago, now I just try to accept things for how they are.

Idk

Eternals and Endgame both being 3+ hrs kind of negates that idea, Disney is willing if the movie needs it
Ragnarok similarly had a ton of story to tell and Taika pulled it off fairly well in 2 hrs
And I believe that Feige would absolutely let Taika deliver whatever cut of the movie he thinks is appropriate
They might've filmed 4 hours but even Taika knows that's ridiculous and doesn't make for a good movie

Idk

Eternals and Endgame both being 3+ hrs kind of negates that idea, Disney is willing if the movie needs it

The difference is that EG was a special case, and the poor performance of Eternals may well have scared Disney into making subsequent films shorter.

Really seems like they tried to cram way too much story into a relatively short run time.

"This entire sequence is one of the coolest live action superhero things in recent memory".

So I guess I can start getting excited for the final battle now, holy s*** this has me smiling ear to ear.

"This entire sequence is one of the coolest live action superhero things in recent memory".

So I guess I can start getting excited for the final battle now, holy s*** this has me smiling ear to ear.
Beautiful words those haha. Makes me super-excited too.

We really need to start demanding longer run times for these shows and movies. Epic sci-fi and fantasy stories (which is essentially what CBMs are) with large casts and even larger worlds need room to breathe.

There's a reason why the LOTR films are all over 3 hours.

We really need to start demanding longer run times for these shows and movies. Epic sci-fi and fantasy stories (which is essentially what CBMs are) with large casts and even larger worlds need room to breathe.

There's a reason why the LOTR films are all over 3 hours.
Especially Thor who is a mythological character mucking around with other mythological characters across many mythological worlds.

If they do a Thor 5, please let it at least be 2.5 hours long so my boy can get a proper send off.

Sounds like I'm going to really enjoy this film, it's seems to deliver what I've expected knowing this is a Taika film and that is entertainment.

I've given up on getting the Thor film I want from Marvel Studios (the tone of the first film combined with the scale and action of the Taika films) a long time ago, now I just try to accept things for how they are.
Good approach mate. I’m in the same boat. A perfect Thor film for me would be different. Ultimate scale and with some comedy but more serious. All that said I think Taika is awesome and can put his individual stamp on things and is capable of making very good Thor films in that zany style. Ragnarok was great and one of my favourite MCU films (my favourite solo along with BP) but could have been even better with a little less comedy focus.

If they do a Thor 5, please let it at least be 2.5 hours long so my boy can get a proper send off.
Agreed on runtime but I don’t want Thor 5 to be a send off :cwink:

Good approach mate. I’m in the same boat. A perfect Thor film for me would be different. Ultimate scale and with some comedy but more serious. All that said I think Taika is awesome and can put his individual stamp on things and is capable of making very good Thor films in that zany style. Ragnarok was great and one of my favourite MCU films (my favourite solo along with BP) but could have been even better with a little less comedy focus.

Yeah I like Taika's style of humor, he just overuses it in the Thor films.

Yeah I hear y'all on the tone thing
My ideal Ragnarok would've been an LOTR style fantasy epic with a ton of darkness and despair but also heroism and hope

But what Taika gave us was still so damn good that I'll rewatch Ragnarok over just about any other MCU film, even if it wasn't what I would've imagined

Agreed on runtime but I don’t want Thor 5 to be a send off :cwink:

I'd be cool with it, we got 4 films already that's more than any other MCU character and a fifth film would complete Taika's trilogy.

Especially Thor who is a mythological character mucking around with other mythological characters across many mythological worlds.

Its crazy that 3 of Thor's movies are shorter than all of Iron Man's and Cap's films, given that with the exception of Civil War, all of their movies were much smaller in scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"