The Amazing Spider-Man Songs for the new franchise

OptimusPrime114

Sidekick
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you are tired of the alternative rock bands heard on the soundtrack.

I want to hear what songs you want to hear for the new movies.

My pick: "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z & Alicia Keys

I'd rather they stay away from popular, contemporary music... It dates a movie really badly.
Look at DD, Evenescence was bad enough at the time but nowadays, it renders those scenes more or less, completely unwatchable.

I'm for contemporary music on the soundtracks like they did with Raimi's films, but in the movie itself no.

i mean i like the song...but you really think empire state of mind would actually be a good fit for a spider-man film?

If Empire State of Mind is in it, my mom will buy about a billion copies.

Please, no more horrible music from these so-called artist, let's just have the composers score and leave it at that. Yet another thing I hated about the previous films.

©KAW;17981033 said:
Please, no more horrible music from these so-called artist, let's just have the composers score and leave it at that. Yet another thing I hated about the previous films.
There was NO music in Raimi's films, save Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head and the James Brown song in 3.

Far from contemporary and far from ''so-called" artists either. :o

You guys realized the key word is soundtrack, right?

there was that song that played when he was looking in his closet for his dress shirt to go to mj's play in sm2
but i liked the song and thought it fit

there was that song that played when he was looking in his closet for his dress shirt to go to mj's play in sm2
but i liked the song and thought it fit
Oh yeah, I think we forgot. Lol. I guess that says that it fit in well enough to not stick out? :yay:

exactly! it was used just enough to where it was there to not make the scene too plain but not noticable enough to make you complain...thats why im not again alternative stuff...

There was NO music in Raimi's films, save Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head and the James Brown song in 3.

Far from contemporary and far from ''so-called" artists either. :o
Yeah, you're right, those two songs wasn't music. It was crap, and it was in the movie during an already horrible scene. And so was this...
...this type of music doesn't belong on film, it dates the movie. Now, if you can produce a great film like Terminator 2, I'll forgive for having "Born To Be Wild" playing in the background. These Spidey films needs all the help they can get from not being dated.

How is it dating the movies if the songs are already old?

Really, songs for the soundtrack would depend on the theme of the movies, and any new songs now would be too old by then... lol.

Anyway, I don't know how well this would fit, but i love it.

How is it dating the movies if the songs are already old?
I'm talking about the boy band stuff in SM2. Although, I still hate it when they deliberately put artist's music in a film to convey a certain mood, when that's what you hire a damn composer for. I don't want to hear James Brown or whoever sings that "Rain Drops..." song, when I'm watching Spider-Man.

Last edited:
Now I love orchestra as much as the next guy, but there's more to music than just that :oldrazz: . Is a movie not allowed to have any other music besides an orchestral score?

That said, I'd like to see a combination of genres for the inevitable inspired by soundtrack, not just rock and alternative. And I would love a U2 song :awesome: .

in 500 days of summer, one of the coolest things about the film is how marc webb uses music. so i have no worries in that area. let him put whatever music he wants.

I will stop it from happening. I do not want this film to be turned into a music video. Even if the director use to be or still is a director of videos. I will stop this from taking place. I do not want Spider-Man trying to sell Sony's boy bands through these films, yet again. For goodness sake can we please have a professional director like that of Chris Nolan of The Dark Knight fame, who wants to treat the property with the utmost respect.

The thing with using these types of gimmicks is, no one likes all types of music, it can become a scene killer if you're reminded of a song you hate, every time you see a certain scene. Please do not make me fight this director for the next 10 years, as I have done with Sam Raimi. I will go to war.

Last edited:
in 500 days of summer, one of the coolest things about the film is how marc webb uses music. so i have no worries in that area. let him put whatever music he wants.
[YT]2seAJsrtIbQ[/YT]Don't get me wrong, I loved that scene in 500 Days of Summer but I think Spider-Man's had enough of that kind of thing. If Marc Webb learned anything from Raimi and Spider-Man 3 hopefully he will steer clear of it!

I'd love to see "Why do fools fall in love?" thrown in the background, maybe even a montage scene.

It lends itself to youth and has that intangible "60's" quality to it, almost an omage to the era Spider-Man debuted. And I'm sorry, if it came out in the fifties, you get my drift.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRZYa7TBDw8

Well, snap my ass and call me a Golden Oldie.:barf:

©KAW;17981089 said:
Yeah, you're right, those two songs wasn't music. It was crap, and it was in the movie during an already horrible scene. And so was this......this type of music doesn't belong on film, it dates the movie. Now, if you can produce a great film like Terminator 2, I'll forgive for having "Born To Be Wild" playing in the background. These Spidey films needs all the help they can get from not being dated.

I'm not sure if you're joking here, have made a mistake, or have been hearing the wrong lyrics and don't really know your classic rock tunes, but 'Born to be Wild' was not used in Terminator 2, it was 'You could be Mine' by Guns n Roses that was T2's contemporary rock tune.
'Born to be Wild' was used for 'Easy Rider' in 1969, and was also a contemporary song used for a movie.

That's now a classic use of a song in a movie, in fact Easy Rider was the first big movie to use a soundtrack of exclusively contemporary songs.

Anyway, songs by bands have been used sparingly in the Spider-man movies, that one used in SM2 when he is getting dressed is alright and fits the scene well, I don't know who it is, and am not bothered really what era it hails from, it fits the scene.

I don't care much for the use of 'Raindrops Keep Falling on my head' , mainly because it has been used so often in films and tv shows, and has become cliche and easy to use, great song though. It was in fact written for 'Butchcassidy and the Sundance kid', so was a contemporary song that was used effectively originally.
But if RKFOMH, was a contemporary song, and this was it's first time in a movie, it would have blown me away.

The funk song used when Parker is strutting in SM3 is fantastic, sounds like a timeless classic , and , most importantly, has not been overused in movies, in fact I don't recall hearing it in any other movie at all. So, it was James Brown? Good to know, because there are plenty of JB songs that are used far too often in flicks, like 'I Feel Good', 'Sex Machine' etc

I don't even mind the Macy Gray song used at the outdoor festival, not that I like the song particularly, but it's unobstrusive, and is not that bad really. Ok, she is/was a Sony artist and they wanted one for that scene, but that is the way of the world, and you do have live music performances in parade scenes like that. At least Macy Grey fits the outcast mould somewhat like Spider-man, she was a total outcast at highschool because of her distinctive voice, so I'm glad she was in the movie to stick it to all those creeps who bullied her back in the day, we could have got a much worse artist for the scene, like those Big Brothaz guys in ScoobyDoo2, or the Black Eyed Peas.

I honestly don't know what some people are complaining about. The arguments don't seem to make sense, who cares if the artist is contemporary or classic, who cares what era they come from.
The important thing is that the song fits the scene and is not a totally overused song that has been in umpteen movies before.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"