The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Soundtrack for TASM2

i admit the main theme is ok but this:

[YT]tE9e_2yHhI8[/YT]

barney_stinson_2_by_spiffyspikespet-d33tuja.gif

What are you talking bout, that's frickin' beautiful!

i admit the main theme is ok but this:

[YT]tE9e_2yHhI8[/YT]

barney_stinson_2_by_spiffyspikespet-d33tuja.gif

Horner is a F***ing genius. I mean that. I hope he's back for TASM2 to continue and develop what he did with TASM.

Also, I loved the opening theme as it fit with... the opening lol :D

What are you talking bout, that's frickin' beautiful!
I agree, that final swing, is the first time for me that both visually and musically Spider-Man stood shoulder to shoulder with Bats and Supes. The music is heroic, bold and adventurous all rolled into one. I do not want them to lose that main theme (and it's various variations), change it and I go to war. :o

Oh, let me add that, while I didn't fall head over heels for the TASM soundtrack, please do not bring Elfman back! One of the worst elements of the Raimi flicks for me.

Last edited:
James Horner was ok. I feel like he didn't go to his full potential. I would like someone like John Ottman. Maybe even a return from Danny Elfman. Loved his SM score.

James Horner was ok. I feel like he didn't go to his full potential. I would like someone like John Ottman. Maybe even a return from Danny Elfman. Loved his SM score.

Not a fan of Ottman. He's ok, but his scores aren't memorable.

The only music I really enjoyed of Elfmans was the Simpsons and his Batman score.

I personally loved what he did with the score and I'm excited at the thought of what he will do next f he returns.

That final swing is the best realized spidey moment on film yet. Its definitive. If there is more of that to come as Webb hinted at. holy jeez. Thats whats great about ASM the physics of the swinging had a real weight to them, as opposed to him floating in some scenes in the raimi flicks.

Yeah, the swings and the Spidey imagery in general was so amazing at times in TASM. There is no denying. Give us even more of that while also delivering a much better script and more confidence in the directing this time and TASM 2 can be really something.

It's interesting because I like Elfman's main Spider-Man theme but actually like a greater number of Horner's cues.

It's interesting because I like Elfman's main Spider-Man theme but actually like a greater number of Horner's cues.

Same here. Although I will admit that I like every TASM main theme's variation Horner has done. I just don't like the theme itself.

Same here. Although I will admit that I like every TASM main theme's variation Horner has done. I just don't like the theme itself.

"Theme" as in "Main Titles - Young Peter" or the actual melody, itself?

I like the Horner's theme (the main cue of "Promises/End Titles") a lot more than the Elfman's theme.

But what I REALLY love about the soundtrack is that it's like the main cue is the cue of "responsability". It's like Uncle Ben words in music form. Every moment in the film where Peter becomes responsible of his acts (being the first time fighting Lizard in the bridge, realizing that he created the Lizard, the School fight, the whole rush through Manhattan to reach Lizard and save New York and, of course, the ending) has the cue playing in the background. Sometimes subtle, sometimes full volume. It's the theme of Peter becoming Spider-Man fully.

That's why, at the end, it explodes especially through "Saving New York" and "Promises", you're watching the hero for real. To me, that kind of soundtrack direction adds a beautiful layer to the film, something Raimi's films never had.

I like the Horner's theme (the main cue of "Promises/End Titles") a lot more than the Elfman's theme.

But what I REALLY love about the soundtrack is that it's like the main cue is the cue of "responsability". It's like Uncle Ben words in music form. Every moment in the film where Peter becomes responsible of his acts (being the first time fighting Lizard in the bridge, realizing that he created the Lizard, the School fight, the whole rush through Manhattan to reach Lizard and save New York and, of course, the ending) has the cue playing in the background. Sometimes subtle, sometimes full volume. It's the theme of Peter becoming Spider-Man fully.

That's why, at the end, it explodes especially through "Saving New York" and "Promises", you're watching the hero for real. To me, that kind of soundtrack direction adds a beautiful layer to the film, something Raimi's films never had.

Hell yeah :up: I noticed that too, and absolutely love that about the film

His emotional/intimate score is flawless to me as well

And he came up with a fun/lighthearted/quirky score for those scenes as well

Basically I was really impressed with what Horner did, esp considering he (in my head at least) had big shoes to say. I REALY want him back

Hm... Do you mean the little "da-da-da-da... da-da-da-da-da-daaaa"?

i didn't like horner's score, but that might be because it was used at inappropriate times.

the hero theme being played in the school locker hall was so jarring. literally the first time i have been taken out of a movie in the cinema on account of the background music.

the hero theme worked well in the final swing, however. no complaints there, although i personally prefer the more epic/less personal spider-man theme from raimi's.

do you think if "Promises/End Credits" had a chant mixed into the song to go with it would sound more epic?

do you think if "Promises/End Credits" had a chant mixed into the song to go with it would sound more epic?
I personally don't like chants. That's why "Ben's Death" is my least favorite track in the soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"