The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Soundtrack for TASM2

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
One of my favorite things about TASM was its great taste in music. Not just James Horner (because he was great too) but the various songs that added to the youthful tone in the film overall. Bands like The Shins, Phantom Planet and Coldplay, not to mention The Glitch Mob in the trailer.

So how about the sequel? What songs would you like to hear in the sequel? Or what bands for that matter? What songs do you most definitely NOT want to hear in the sequel?

Personally, if they put in some Kasabian or Gorillaz I would be totally thrilled. Those are just the first couple that come to mind. Any thoughts?

Great thread idea. The score and featured songs were one of my favorite parts of the film too. I'll have to think about it and come back

idk but i would want to hear this if Peter and Gwen get back together
[YT]e4EqjvnWfRM[/YT]

Speaking of Venom, I want him to have something badass if he ever shows up in the films. That song I posted is ****, but I can definitely see Venom have some kind of industrial metal song in the background in some scene haha!

idk but i would want to hear this if Peter and Gwen get back together
[YT]e4EqjvnWfRM[/YT]

I could even imagine that playing when she dies. :/

Speaking of Venom, I want him to have something badass if he ever shows up in the films. That song I posted is ****, but I can definitely see Venom have some kind of industrial metal song in the background in some scene haha!

[YT]nDtZnQAjSRA[/YT]

Hmm I'd imagine something slower and more heavy for Venom tbh.

This isn't industrial, but something like this would be badass haha!

[YT]1Da4GCw657g[/YT]

I could even imagine that playing when she dies. :/

that is better actually, imagine the music starts when Peter is hugging Gwen when she is dead and then the scene transitions to her funeral

Hmm I'd imagine something slower and more heavy for Venom tbh.

This isn't industrial, but something like this would be badass haha!

[YT]1Da4GCw657g[/YT]

honestly, if they did this, it would have to be instrumental. not a single audience member (save perhaps you and I) would take the growling seriously. lol

Haha of course! ;) Maybe the outro or something haha!

EDIT: Great suggestion AF

After rewatching Stepbrothers, I'm convinced that I want a scene in the beginning with Peter waking up, getting out of bed, and getting ready for school kind of like the scene where he breaks the bathroom. Like he gets up and lazily puts on his clothes over his costume, that kind of stuff with this song playing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odpglvg_mW8

Is this thread also for the score?

I loved the emotional side of the score but they should do better on action bits

1.-Mute this video and pause it
[YT]WuR9pynvSXA[/YT]

2.-let me music start playing
[YT]e4EqjvnWfRM#![/YT]
3.-at 00:11 of the song click play in the video
4.- unmute the first video @00:46

it fits...:woot:

Last edited:
The trailer music was excellent

The theme song was terrible,so were the one's in the fight sequences

[YT]DDIO2CtB2Y0[/YT]

still love it :D

[YT]WuR9pynvSXA[/YT]

[YT]e4EqjvnWfRM#![/YT]

That, was awesome :up:

[YT]WuR9pynvSXA[/YT]

[YT]e4EqjvnWfRM#![/YT]

Wow, that actually fit perfectly.

And the part that plays during the funeral...the cuts in the scene go right with the music. :wow:

hey guys i´ve been thinking i know they´ll bring James Horner back but what if they don´t pick him to score the sequel? who would you choose to replace him?

i would pick Henry Jackman based in his work on X-Men FC and Kick-Ass(even he worked with someone else)

[YT]JYdp36bA-hU[/YT]

[YT]nj68jfVm2jM[/YT]

[YT]0gBqRlzS3pA[/YT]

The second First Class track sounds really hans zimmer-like

judging from all of those tracks, I might have picked this guy from the start

really hope James Horner comes back, loved the score for TASM.

I kind of hated the score by horner. he will come back i think, because webb couldnt shut up about how much he loves the guy, but yeah...

the terribly jarring hero's theme playing in the school locker hall, the uninspired horror piano music when the lizard is looking for the ganali device, to the self-plagiarised titanic tunes before the crane jump; it was all just blergh.

i wonder if someone could edit out the music of the school fight, but keep the other audio; i'd love to see that.

Since they already have many of J.J. Abrams's collaborators, why not the composer, Michael Giacchino.

I love his scores and he has a wide range as far as conveying emotions and creating atmosphere for a scene.

His credits include

Star Trek

[YT]EY4QUYPQ3jk[/YT]

Let Me In

[YT]tZo5Vhc2yx8[/YT]

The Incredibles

[YT]2ZUHlrir4Og[/YT]

Lost

[YT]pWCMUtol_s0[/YT]

and video games, including Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
[YT]kLY87bWSgAA[/YT]

Last edited:
hey guys i´ve been thinking i know they´ll bring James Horner back but what if they don´t pick him to score the sequel? who would you choose to replace him?

i would pick Henry Jackman based in his work on X-Men FC and Kick-Ass(even he worked with someone else)

[YT]JYdp36bA-hU[/YT]

[YT]nj68jfVm2jM[/YT]

[YT]0gBqRlzS3pA[/YT]

The second First Class track sounds really hans zimmer-like

judging from all of those tracks, I might have picked this guy from the start

Nah! I hope Horner stays. Some of Jackman's XM:FC score (going off what I heard in the film b/c I don't own the score) remind me of Daft Punk's Tron Legacy score. One cue in the movie even reminded me of Zimmer's "Time" from Inception. And the main theme reminded me of Silvestri's GI Joe:TROC main theme. So the score isn't that original or anything special, imho. I know some of you will say the same about Horner's TAS-M, but I enjoyed Horner's score a heck of a lot more than Jackman's XM:FC score. I'm glad Webb went with somebody old school and not the typical MV/RCP composer. I hope Singer (which he'll most likely will) hire Ottman to score X-men: Days of Future's Past instead of Jackman.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"