Superman Returns Songs in the film and on the soundtrack.

I feel it's seriously one of those CD's that kids will be playing in their Batman portable CD player or their kid sister's barby adventure mini CD boombox. If I was with someone my general age and they were jamming out to any of those songs I'd have to toss a lol their general direction.

Fatboy Roberts said:
Why? It doesn't help you any. I guarantee you any prospect of this movie getting a sequel won't have jack to do with this album selling. Ticket sales, yes, T-shirts, yes, toys, yes, DVD sales, yes. This is just rewarding crap, and that's never a good thing.

unless you have a financial stake in crap ;)

I don't remember posting anything about a sequel? Did I? I am to lazy to go look.

It's simple, WB is a business and when businesses make money, it means they are successful. Why wouldn't I want WB and DC to make as much money as possible? They are representing the character of Superman, whether there is never another Superman movie or not.

You know both DC and WB are making money of the CD's.

It's simple, WB is a business and when businesses make money, it means they are successful. Why wouldn't I want WB and DC to make as much money as possible?

Why would you? It's not like they're going to share. I assumed you meant sequel mainly because that's the only thing that might actually be a reward as far as you're concerned.That's the only thing that makes even a modicum of sense as far as ROOTING for a CORPORATION goes. Whether they're successful or not doesn't change that you're still going to get this movie this Summer. The only way this movie being successful works for you is if it means a sequel is made.

Anything other than that just seems weird to me. This CD selling a lot isn't going to do anything for you unless you're on the CD, you work for someone on the CD, or you work for WB. Whether it succeeds or not should be secondary to whether you like it.

Fatboy Roberts said:
Why would you? It's not like they're going to share. I assumed you meant sequel mainly because that's the only thing that might actually be a reward as far as you're concerned.That's the only thing that makes even a modicum of sense as far as ROOTING for a CORPORATION goes. Whether they're successful or not doesn't change that you're still going to get this movie this Summer. The only way this movie being successful works for you is if it means a sequel is made.

Anything other than that just seems weird to me. This CD selling a lot isn't going to do anything for you unless you're on the CD, you work for someone on the CD, or you work for WB. Whether it succeeds or not should be secondary to whether you like it.

TWX :ghost: :up:

these songs arent bad. "Save me" seems like the big one as its featured on the cover so i expect a music video for it. its so easy and my hero should also be getting them.

The bands should've gone more towards The Recieving End of Sirens. Because make no mistake, this is going to be an emo Superman. He lost his love to marriage, he found out he really is alone on this Earth, he's not accepted back by the public. I mean look at it

There is nothing but crap on that CD.

Anyone noted about "Save me" being on the soundtrack ? A song of the same name (different song altogether) of the Smallville theme ?

Weird , eh ?

^^

I hope its different as much as i like the song..it shouldn't directly be involved with superman returns.

I dont think any of these songs will show up in Superman Returns, it would somewhat take away from that timeless feel. I hope we just hear a score from Ottman than the actual songs.

why is everyone "HOPING" that we'll hear a score and "hoping" that it will be better? We're GOING to hear a score. It WILL be better. It's not a hope thing. The inclusion of Williams' themes will pretty much guarantee it's going to be better than whatever diaper-wetter covering Foo Fighters pukes up.

Superman79 said:
???

What's wrong with frat guys who like Superman?? :confused:

I CREATED a thread for frat boys who liked Superman, but because the " mainstay fanboys " on the board didn't approve, it was shut down by there best internet bud's, the moderators. Have a good evening.

Singer's X-Men movies didn't have stupid songs why would Superman have them either, WB should just release a music only soundtrack like Batman Begins.

Lazlo Panaflex said:
Singer's X-Men movies didn't have stupid songs why would Superman have them either, WB should just release a music only soundtrack like Batman Begins.

I think it sets a better mood for the movie with just a musical score. I'm really anxious to see what Ottman does. I guess the soundtrack with the bands of now is just for extra promotion.

Is it just me, or does My Hero sound really good when sung by a girl?

I've been putting it off but I guess there's no avoiding it. I suppose I'll have to listen to the clips. Urgh, here goes...

I listened to them already, nothing impressive. As long as Ottman pulls it off, I will be happy. If not, I will be longing for Williams.

WB is probably under the most pressure. Look at their track record with superheroes before Begins.

tabLengle said:
I CREATED a thread for frat boys who liked Superman, but because the " mainstay fanboys " on the board didn't approve, it was shut down by there best internet bud's, the moderators. Have a good evening.

oh, that sucks...i woulda signed up...

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Haha, I wonder who's under more pressure, Routh or Ottman?

Sounds like a potential poll to me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"