Sequels Sony Revives 'Venom' Solo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great other than the fact that it ignores every bit of Eddie Brock continuity from 2005 onward. :o

How so? Nothing from New Ways to Die, Eddie's time bonded with the Toxin symbiote, or his recent appearance in Carnage were severely inverted in Venom #150. We're still seeing the same Eddie who clumsily tries to do the right thing, and the same amorous emotions from the symbiote.

I'm waiting on the other issues before I go into more, but it's kinda bugging me they didn't go into how he all of a sudden went from "I hate symbiotes and must kill them" to "I've waited years to rebond to it". This issue has to be addressed in upcoming issues. Just reading 150, you never got the vibe that he ever hated the suit, ever was relived to be gone from it. I liked 150 but had issues with it.

Dingo beat me to it. But yeah, he went from hating the symbiote back to this BS real quick with no key moments for us to understand the change. I get the love for Brock being back as Venom, and hey--I support it! I didn't particularly care for what his character had become for the most part, but it shouldn't excuse them from explaining how this works in-continuity. I miss 80s Marvel.

Sidenote, I just read the "Planet of the Symbiotes" Super-Specials crossover for the first time. I enjoyed it more than I thought, but the cleanup was a bit too easy IMO. I'd have been pissed had I payed good money for each issue back in the 90s but reading for pennies on Marvel Unlimited didn't phase my enjoyment at all. Anyone like that story? And does anyone know how much the GOTG Bendis arc about the symbiote's origin contradicts it? I haven't read that yet, and don't really care to outside of the Venom stuff.

I'm waiting on the other issues before I go into more, but it's kinda bugging me they didn't go into how he all of a sudden went from "I hate symbiotes and must kill them" to "I've waited years to rebond to it". This issue has to be addressed in upcoming issues. Just reading 150, you never got the vibe that he ever hated the suit, ever was relived to be gone from it. I liked 150 but had issues with it.

I never thought Eddie wanted to kill the Venom symbiote as he did with others. He was quick to leave Flash alone after they took out the symbiote slayers because he felt that Flash was in control. At least twice that I can remember, Eddie voluntarily told the Venom symbiote to get off of him, only to rejoin it later. It made sense that after losing the Toxin symbiote, which Eddie also professed to hate, that Eddie went back to his original, tumultuous relationship with the symbiote. He's always had a complex relationship with the Venom symbiote, and it seems that they're already having some problems co-existing.

I never thought Eddie wanted to kill the Venom symbiote as he did with others. He was quick to leave Flash alone after they took out the symbiote slayers because he felt that Flash was in control. At least twice that I can remember, Eddie voluntarily told the Venom symbiote to get off of him, only to rejoin it later. It made sense that after losing the Toxin symbiote, which Eddie also professed to hate, that Eddie went back to his original, tumultuous relationship with the symbiote. He's always had a complex relationship with the Venom symbiote, and it seems that they're already having some problems co-existing.
I dunno, during Anti-Venom's birth, if it weren't for interference it would have been dead, right there. Brock really wanted to try to kill it through New Ways to Die and he called it a cancer during Spider-Island and was so disturbed by the attempted bonding that he was in tears. He tried to launch a war against them all after his time as AV and yes, he did leave Flash alone after seeing him in control but with that stipulation.

My point is, with all of the above, it just seems weird to me how all of that was out the window, even if there was an element of hesitation, and some back and forth I'd be fine with it, but he just went headlong into being happy to be rebonded.

He does have a complex relationship with the suit, but after the way things ended between the two of them (selling it off the symbiote thinking he's pathetic, the Final Temptation of Eddie Brock), to see him jump back so quickly still feels strange.

I just hope that Costa does address some of this in future issues.

Guess it's really happening. :csad:

Hoping for the best. I'd never go see Silver and Black in theater, but I'd be hard-pressed to skip this with Hardy as the lead unless it looks completely God-awful.

If this movie is good and doesn't contradict the MCU, I can see it being added to the continuity.

If its not planned to be part of the MCU, I think its vanishingly likely it will actually be compatible.

Looking back at the leaked emails Amy Pascal came across just as desperate as Avi Arad so i ain't taking what she says to mean anything but we are desperate.

In the long run this is likely to be one of those yes its all connected and we will keep telling you its connected if it makes you feel better but you probably won't see spider-man in either up and coming movie.

Maybe a couple of references to spider-man to make it look good.

The fact they are even making these movies before any introduction with spider-man says alot.

For all we know it could be similar to how the Netflix shows are in the same universe as the movies, but never truly cross over except for the odd reference here & there

For all we know it could be similar to how the Netflix shows are in the same universe as the movies, but never truly cross over except for the odd reference here & there

That's what I assumed from the start. I have no idea where this idea that they'd seriously introduce an alternate, competing version of Spider-Man came from.

Venom in the MCU yeah! Hopefully they do it right. Give Spidey the symbiote suit in Infinity War, so they can do Venom's origin correctly.

Venom in the MCU yeah! Hopefully they do it right. Give Spidey the symbiote suit in Infinity War, so they can do Venom's origin correctly.

She said is part of the Sèider-Man: Homecoming Universe. It's a different thing.

i cri at the announcement.

those who beg for venom in the 'mcu' should be happy now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back