Spawn Reboot | Blumhouse

What about James Wan?
Jordan Peele.:word:

Although Leigh has proven a good command of action in Upgrade. Even though this is supposed to be more horror focused there may be some special ops Al Simmons flashbacks.

I imagine we will be waiting a long time to see this now. McFarlane must be sorry he waited.

You know, to add to my previous directors list, I actually think Zach Snyder would be a good fit for an R Rated Spawn movie.

I could get behind that, actually. I’m not a Snyder fan but I’d trust him over MacFarlane to make something like this, because the dark and cynical tone would suit his style. The costume would probably look amazing, at any rate.

He's trying to do it all low-key because he probably can't get a massive budget for it

McFarlane's Kickstarter for a Spawn project just quadrupled its goal in 2 hours, wonder if he's gonna crowd-fund the movie next

Yeah but still the goal for the action figure was 100.000. His movie would literally cost at least 100 times that. I have a hard time believing that people would pay anything close to that amount to see it happen.

Yeah but still the goal for the action figure was 100.000. His movie would literally cost at least 100 times that. I have a hard time believing that people would pay anything close to that amount to see it happen.
He could always slash the budget again if he wants to make it that bad, lol

Maybe he will use the movie as a strech goal in his current project and "really promise" to finish the script "very very soon". Pinky swear this time.

Maybe he will use the movie as a strech goal in his current project and "really promise" to finish the script "very very soon". Pinky swear this time.

He can go on about all of the Oscar Winning actors interested in the meantime.

I really think Todd is being a moron here and it honestly surprises me. He’s always struck me as someone who understands the business side of comic books better than most and has used his name and talent to branch off into other areas and launch a multitude of successful toy lines. But he’s sitting on a potential goldmine here that could rival Marvel and DC if it’s done well, because Spawn offers something neither of those superhero franchises have really delved into yet: a dark, supernatural hero. Spawn is one of the best and most popular, and in the hands of a capable director, it could be huge. I get that this is Todd’s baby but I wish he would step back and realize that sometimes you have to hand something off to make sure it’s done well.

I really think Todd is being a moron here and it honestly surprises me. He’s always struck me as someone who understands the business side of comic books better than most and has used his name and talent to branch off into other areas and launch a multitude of successful toy lines. But he’s sitting on a potential goldmine here that could rival Marvel and DC if it’s done well, because Spawn offers something neither of those superhero franchises have really delved into yet: a dark, supernatural hero. Spawn is one of the best and most popular, and in the hands of a capable director, it could be huge. I get that this is Todd’s baby but I wish he would step back and realize that sometimes you have to hand something off to make sure it’s done well.

Couldn’t agree more, if he makes this movie and botches, it could be the end of Spawn on the big screen for years and years. Have involvement for sure, but let someone with experience direct this so it can meet its full potential. Been reading some of the comics recently, and this could be huge in the right hands.

It started small but turned into this massive multi arc storyline with a huge amount of twists that could come off real convoluted down the line if not done well.

If that kickstarter thing proved anything, it's that Spawn still has a lot of demand. Dude just needs to hand it off to a good horror director and it could be huge, his insistence on directing it himself will be its downfall.

Spawn Producer Jason Blum Teases "Seismic Event" for Production (Exclusive)

"I'm glad you asked. There has been an enormous amount of activity on Spawn," Blum shared with ComicBook.com about the project. "No new news that I'm going to reveal here, I'm sorry to tell you, but the title 'Spawn,' I've been uttering that word a lot in the last two or three weeks and we'll have more news to come. But, suffice it to say, it is a very active development."

Given that everyone around the world is spending time around their homes, when asked if he was merely wandering around the house saying "Spawn" repeatedly, Blum joked, "I wanna make the movie so badly, I wouldn't put that past myself, and it's an excellent question, but in this case, I've actually been talking to other people about it, but there's been a seismic event on Spawn."

Yeah we'll see.

At least this time someone other than McFarlane talked about this. I was beginning to think it was all in his head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"