Spawn Reboot | Blumhouse

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics Films' started by Blitzkrieg, Sep 18, 2016.

1. StarLord < < < < < < <

Yeah and it's Jason Blum. That man actually gets s*** done.

2. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

True on Blum the guy is good at getting projects off the ground.

3. Pennywise Registered

Spawn Movie: Script Taking On a New Direction - IGN

KaijuDude1992 and Spidey_62 like this.
  4. terry78 I'm not cap'n crunch, fool

I wonder what he's getting at, trying to make it more woke to an extent?

5. The Guard Registered

I think Spawn may hold the record for most rebooted reboot.

6. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Interesting that he commented on race relations. I know Spawn is black but has the series really ever really focused on the struggles of being black in America? I haven't read a lot of the comics so I'm not sure. But I wonder if he's hinting that the film needs to be centered more on the black hero it's named after and not on a white cop. I personally think that's the route to go; Spawn is a more interesting protagonist than a cop. And given how few black superheroes there are on the big screen, it might rub people the wrong way if the guy the movie is named after is just lurking in the background while 80% of the movie focuses on the white guy.

7. KaijuDude1992 Registered

As long as it means that Spawn will be in the movie for more than 10 minutes than I'm all for it honestly. The movie is called Spawn after all so it only makes sense that he be the main focus and Jamie Foxx is a talented enough dramatic to really pull those kinds of scenes off.

You don't get an actor of his caliber in the title role for nothing.

AVEITWITHJAMON and Deck Rickard like this.
  8. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Yeah, I agree. I can't imagine Foxx would agree to do it if he's just silently skulking around in the background the whole time.

But if they want to make this happen, they'd better move quickly. Foxx is already in his fifties.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  9. Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Todd should probably open up for some help on reworking the script, honestly. I know he wants total control but outside perspective isn't always a bad thing, if Jason Blum can moderate getting an intermediary voice on the script filling out the new kinds of changes they're looking for now it might help give it some broader perspective than what Todd's bringing as the attached creator who's after perfection with this for so long.

KaijuDude1992 and Deck Rickard like this.
  10. Alien Anal Registered

I'm assuming that's what this delay is about. "nice script man great great... Buuut could do with more.. Punch! "

Spidey_62 likes this.
  11. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Yeah,if they are adding more Spawn into the script that can only be a good thing in my eyes, hope that's the case.

KaijuDude1992 and Deck Rickard like this.
  12. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Yeah, I think Todd is in over his head here. Screenwriting and directing is very different that writing a drawing a comic book. Todd's a smart guy and obviously he knows these characters better than anyone but he should at least be consulting with some people who have made movies before if he wants this to be successful. And if they want to make this a commentary about the black experience in America or something to that effect... then I certainly hope that he's consulting with people who have lived that experience (i.e. not rich white guys) so it feels authentic.

13. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

He really should it off to someone who is an actual director. Doesn’t have to be a big name either, someone like Julius Avery would be perfect.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  14. HBarnill Registered

There was that one episode about some KKK guy killing minorities, and even that, they didn’t really explore race.

15. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Are you referring to the animated series? I really need to give that a watch. I always forget it exists.