World Spider-girl 100

Ok, so I've been thinking. I've heard a lot of vague talk about Mayday's fate after issue #100, and I think I have an idea of what might happen, and, if I'm correct, it could be quite cool.

Last Planet Standing may or may not feature the final appearence of the MC2. Meanwhile, Quesada has hinted that we may not have seen the last of Spider-Girl. I recently talked to Allan Heinberg over at Jinxworld about making Cassie Lang become Stinger over in Young Avengers. He told me that he had no plans for it, but that he was "a big MC2 fan" and to "stay tuned".

My theory is that May somehow gets sent to the 616 after Last Planet Standing and becomes a Young Avenger. Think about it. Marvel can make her more relevant by having her in the 616, she's a young version of a current Avenger, and it could make for some very interesting stories. Maybe we could even see her try to find her younger self (although I doubt Marvel would allow the last part). They could even relaunch her book and probably grab a lot more readers!

Yes, it would mean not seeing her in the MC2, but at least we'd still get a monthly dose of her!

spgirl1008003dh.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/LastHero/presscall.html

Marvel held their latest press conference with the members of the comics' press Thursday to talk about the end of Spider-Girl with July's issue #100, as well as the start of Tom DeFalco and Pat Olliffe's May-debuting limited series Last Planet Standing, which may or may not mark the end of the MC2 Universe.
This call's featured guest was Tom DeFalco. Preview artwork follows this re-cap...
The conference was opened by DeFalco who opened with a recap of Spider-Girl's history. DeFalco explained that Spider-Girl is the daughter of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Parker, which is set in an alternate timeline.
DeFalco joked about the "just do six more" philosophy that has been behind the book's run, but noted that "I think our 'just do six more' is going to run out with issue #100."
DeFalco said that since the title has been revived and saved from certain death so many times, he is having a hard time believing that this may in fact be the final end for the series and the character.
Moving on to Last Planet Standing, DeFalco said that the upcoming mini-series was spawned from the success of last year's Last Hero Standing, noting that the original mini-series sold twice the normal Spider-Girl numbers, which resulted in the call to do another mini-series.
"We haven't seen a real, exciting cosmic story from Marvel in many years," DeFalco said in regards to the seed for Last Planet Standing. The writer went on to explain that the storyline of the mini-series deals with evolution, case in point, that Galactus is looking to grow and change.
During the work on Last Planet Standing, DeFalco said that the creative team got word that Spider-Girl was coming to an end with issue #100, the option to end the entire "MC2" universe has been put on the table as a possible ending for the story. DeFalco said that the last five pages of Last Planet #5 are yet to be written and drawn, and could go either way, but, he commented, "I'm hoping for a happy ending."
Asked about his desires for the MC2 Universe, DeFalco said that he would rather see it expand, rather than merge, or be brought in to a larger universe. The writer noted the difficultly in making a go with one single title in a universe, with no cross-marketing or options for readers other than one series and one glimpse into an entire universe.
DeFalco also noted the idea of moving "May Day" Parker into the regular Marvel Universe, saying that if she was moved there, the entire tenor of the book would change, and as a character, May would become solely interested in returning to her family in a different universe. "The hazard of that," DeFalco said, " is that it's a temporary story, and has a closed door at the end."

Asked if there was anyplace he wanted to be able to go with the character but wasn't able, editor Tom Brevoort said "Issue #101," while DeFalco searched for words. Later, DeFalco said that, given the "position" of the character within her universe, he and his team had carte blanche all along. "Is there more we'd like to do? I'd assume so. Every time I look at these characters, I find new shades within the gray."
Asked if there were more plans for Spider-Girl Digests, David Gabriel said that Marvel does plan on continuing them, collecting the series. Gabriel noted that there will be an A-Next digest coming, as well as a Fantastic Five digest. Additionally, Marvel's new program with Spider-Girl hardcovers will be continuing.
Marvel’s VP of Sales David Gabriel also said that the Spider-Man Family one-shot did very well, and another is scheduled for August. As for what the feature story will be, Gabriel said that there is a 25th Anniversary of some sorts coming up in the Spider-Man family, which will be the focus of the feature story.
There will be other Spider-Man Family specials coming in 2006 as well.
Finally, "No comment," was DeFalco's answer as to whether or not Spider-Girl #100 will be the writer's previous "final story," he'd written for the last Spider-Girl cancellation scare. "Once I write that story, I'm done," he said, explaining why he chooses not to comment about it. As far as he is concerned, once he writes that story, he's done with the character, and chooses not to talk about it.

LASTPS001_cov.jpg

LASTPS002_cov.jpg

LASTPS004CVR_col.jpg

SPIG100_cov.jpg

... the battle is on!

This is not the time to despair. This is the time to read the St. Crispin's Day speech from "Henry V" and run out onto the field yelling like the devoted maniacs we are.

Spider-Girl 97 is selling out all over. Why? Because of us.

The next step is to get the national media to tell our story. The first thing I want you to do after reading this message is to send an e-mail to [email protected] and recommend that they do a feature piece on our never-ending battle to save Spider-Girl.

I recently put a bug (should I say spider?) in the ear of a highly placed person on the Today show staff, and if a ton of e-mails with "Spider-Girl" in the subject line started to hit their in-boxes, we stand a good shot of getting our girl on national TV.

Do it! Right now!

Because the fight for Spider-Girl No. 101 has just begun!

Lol, I told you Marvel would pull the fast one and ancel it on 100 not #106. Man so predictable.

Marcdachamp said:
Ok, so I've been thinking. I've heard a lot of vague talk about Mayday's fate after issue #100, and I think I have an idea of what might happen, and, if I'm correct, it could be quite cool.

Last Planet Standing may or may not feature the final appearence of the MC2. Meanwhile, Quesada has hinted that we may not have seen the last of Spider-Girl. I recently talked to Allan Heinberg over at Jinxworld about making Cassie Lang become Stinger over in Young Avengers. He told me that he had no plans for it, but that he was "a big MC2 fan" and to "stay tuned".

My theory is that May somehow gets sent to the 616 after Last Planet Standing and becomes a Young Avenger. Think about it. Marvel can make her more relevant by having her in the 616, she's a young version of a current Avenger, and it could make for some very interesting stories. Maybe we could even see her try to find her younger self (although I doubt Marvel would allow the last part). They could even relaunch her book and probably grab a lot more readers!

Yes, it would mean not seeing her in the MC2, but at least we'd still get a monthly dose of her!

Crossing my fingers on this theory.

Those are some tight covers! Especially Spider-Girl 100! Man i'm feelin' like Flava Flav, "Don't Believe The Hype!" It ain't over 'til it's over, baby! Believe that!

I kinda fell out of the series a while back,but I think I'll pick up the last few issues.

Abaddon said:
I kinda fell out of the series a while back,but I think I'll pick up the last few issues.
Hey Abaddon, you just made a GREAT decision bruh! Things have been VERY good with this comic- despite the "cancellation" threats! Hobgoblin is back, and in the current issue of Spider-Girl! Ya better get it, cause i hear it's selling out BIG TIME!

Abaddon said:
Is it really Kingsley?

The one and only

Well the only one besides Donovon, Leeds, Macandale, Secret War Guy, not even mentioning that Demogoblin crap.........

Kingsley was about 30 when HG lives happened so he'd be in his mid forties early fifties in the Spider Girl timeline. He looks nearly identical to when we left off, so perhaps the Goblin Formula is staving off the onset of age like it seems to have done for Osborn

I thought he had a head full of grays.:confused:

lookinmg forward to issue 100, fingers crossed for more, i don't think i would like her in 616 would be too strange especially since shes dead (effectivly) in 616 and how would pete and mj act???? then again i would hate to see the character simply disapear

But what is the special announcement?!!!!!

in the solit for spider-girl 100 it says plus a special announcement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"