Spider-Jay420's Collection Thread

Thanks Slim. Yeah, Maskless Spidey is 6". I don't buy MU. He is a cool figure. I wanna open him up and place him with my other Spideys...we'll see.

I am liking the Dark Avengers too. They turned out pretty good, I think. I'll probably get the new Hawkeye when he comes out too. The comic Patriot is pretty cool. He is thin though. Just like the Extremis Iron Man, like there's no way any man could fit in that suit of armor, but he makes a great addition to any lineup. I am not big on customs as they never look like they are store-bought and that's a turnoff for me so I say get the real figure.

Last edited:
Thanlks Slim. Yeah, Maskless Spidey is 6". I don't buy MU. He is a cool figure. I wanna open him up and place him with my other Spideys...we'll see.

I am liking the Dark Avengers too. They turned out pretty good, I think. I'llprobably get the new Hawkeye when he comes out too. The comic Patriot is pretty cool. He is thin though. Just like the Extremis Iron Man, like there's no way any man could fit in that suit of armor, but he makes a great addition to any lineup. I am not big on customs as they never look like they are store-bought and that's a turnoff for me so I say get the real figure.

Ah ok cheers Jay, it really bothers me that they keep making all these tiny Iron Men! I still use the ToyBiz ML1 Iron Man in my display because the Hasbro ones just look too small. Extremis alongside modern Thor looks ridiculous! I saw a size comparison online of Iron Patriot with Dark Wolverine though and it looks ok. So yeah I think I'll pick one up.

I've got 5 customs in my collection and they vary in quality, I prefer the custom Vulcan to half my store-bought figures though :)

Also you should totally open that maskless Spidey and add him to the collection! :woot:

Ah ok cheers Jay, it really bothers me that they keep making all these tiny Iron Men! I still use the ToyBiz ML1 Iron Man in my display because the Hasbro ones just look too small. Extremis alongside modern Thor looks ridiculous! I saw a size comparison online of Iron Patriot with Dark Wolverine though and it looks ok. So yeah I think I'll pick one up.

I've got 5 customs in my collection and they vary in quality, I prefer the custom Vulcan to half my store-bought figures though :)

Also you should totally open that maskless Spidey and add him to the collection! :woot:

ML1 Iron Man? Still? I went from the ML 8 Modern Armor and now to the Movie Iron Man 2 figure. That one is a bit thicker, and yes, even though it's a movie figure and not a comic likeness, he still works great with the Legends.

I'll probably open up Peter Parker soon. I don't know though, some part of me wants to keep him on card....still on the fence.

ML1 Iron Man? Still? I went from the ML 8 Modern Armor and now to the Movie Iron Man 2 figure. That one is a bit thicker, and yes, even though it's a movie figure and not a comic likeness, he still works great with the Legends.

I'll probably open up Peter Parker soon. I don't know though, some part of me wants to keep him on card....still on the fence.

Haha yeah, it's an oldie but I really love that fig! I do like the movie Mark VI but the ML8 modern armour one never looked right to me, wasn't a fan of the colour scheme (or even sculpt particularly, his arms look a bit weird...) The ML1 Iron Man at least looks the right size! Plus he looks good with ML1 Cap - I can't get hold of an affordable Face Off Cap so still use the ML1 version for him too! :hehe:

I don't know how you haven't given in yet on opening that Petey! Do it.....! :devil:

i use "face off" Iron Man for my classic avengers display, and ML8 for my modern. (when i do it)

the face off IM looks great with all the classic bright colored costumes. And it's essentially the 90s cartoon armor, which is pretty great.

ML1 is far too bulky, and honestly.. that form breaks so easily too. Mine has a super-glued head and arm at the moment

Yeah, as far as Iron Man goes, I guess it just depends on what look you want. I'm all about definitive/iconic best representation available, so with that in mind, I gotta give it to Iron Man 2 Movie Armor. (the only thing I don't like about him is the triangle in his chest instead of the circle, but it's a small gripe.)

I don't know how you haven't given in yet on opening that Petey! Do it.....! :devil:

lol! You shoulda seen me today! I was on my couch watching tv, with that damn Peter Parker in my hand, and I'm going back and forth...should I? should I not? Like a friggin mental patient.

It's weird, though. Again, part of me is like, "well, they rarely make Peter figures, and its a walmart exclusive....maybe I should keep him MOC for a while and see what happens." and then the other part of me says "**** that noise! He'll look awesome with all my other Spider-Man figures. OPEN IT NOW!!!!!!!" lol I'm sure I will soon.

Last edited:
So I did pick up the new Iron Man Legends Ultron. I am totally stealing Rob3880's idea of MS Ultron as Ultron Prime and the IML Ultrons as his drones. (Sorry Rob, but it's a great idea and I'm doing it.) Now I just need 2 more and I'll be straight. Here's what they look like together...

See? Totally works. And for those that DON'T have the Marvel Select Ultron, or were not sure if he was too big, I think even on his own, IML Ultron works as the sole Ultron.

I also kinda redid my Spider-Man shelf too. Now can see them all a bit better.

And slim_summers, you see that empty space on the right? Between Back In Black Spidey and classic Red & Blue? That's where Peter Parker will go when I get off my ass and open that sucker up!

So that's what I've been doing lately. As soon as I get those 2 more Ultrons and open up Peter Parker, I'll probably make another video, so keep an eye open for that.

Last edited:
i use "face off" Iron Man for my classic avengers display, and ML8 for my modern. (when i do it)

the face off IM looks great with all the classic bright colored costumes. And it's essentially the 90s cartoon armor, which is pretty great.

ML1 is far too bulky, and honestly.. that form breaks so easily too. Mine has a super-glued head and arm at the moment

I really like the look of the modular/face off armour (and have fond memories of the 90s cartoon... :)) but can never find one cheap enough! Honestly, face off figs are like gold dust in the UK, and the shipping costs normally see me get outbid when I try to buy online from US.

So I did pick up the new Iron Man Legends Ultron. I am totally stealing Rob3880's idea of MS Ultron as Ultron Prime and the IML Ultrons as his drones. (Sorry Rob, but it's a great idea and I'm doing it.) Now I just need 2 more and I'll be straight. Here's what they look like together...

See? Totally works. And for those that DON'T have the Marvel Select Ultron, or were not sure if he was too big, I think even on his own, IML Ultron works as the sole Ultron.

I also kinda redid my Spider-Man shelf too. Now can see them all a bit better.

And slim_summers, you see that empty space on the right? Between Back In Black Spidey and classic Red & Blue? That's where Peter Parker will go when I get off my ass and open that sucker up!

So that's what I've been doing lately. As soon as I get those 2 more Ultrons and open up Peter Parker, I'll probably make another video, so keep an eye open for that.

Haha awesome dude. I've got the MS Ultron but that IML one does look cool as his robo-lackey.

If you've reserved the space for Petey then free him bro! :oldrazz: Can't believe you've got that Iron Spidey locked up too haha. I've been keeping my eye out for that one on ebay.

So this one's for Slim_Summers...Peter Parker is FREED!!!

He is a pretty cool figure. Again, I'm not a fan of his Amazing costume, but the figure and likeness is good. I'm always a sucker for a cool spidey figure, and while I did pass on the regular movie figure, Peter Parker himself is too cool not to have. So Yes, slim_summers, there is a Santa Claus, er...I mean, Peter Parker had been freed.

Also, if anybody cares, I figured out a cool way to keep the Silver Surfer on a stand.

So, basically I just took the old school Toy Biz flight stands and unscrewed the top portion. It leaves a hole which exactly fits the end on Norrin's base. The part that sticks in the rock-base. then I just angled the stick connected to his board at a 90 degree angle, and boom, slips right in and you don't have to worry about toppling over!

So far so good. He stayed up all weekend and I hope this is it. Anybody with open, posed figures know what a bummer it is when you go to look at them and they've fallen over. It sucks. Especially when you want to show them off to a friend or whoever, and they're face down...not cool. So hopefully, this will solve my Surfer problem.

Thanks buddy. Like I said, so far so good. I'm happy with him.

So this one's for Slim_Summers...Peter Parker is FREED!!!

He is a pretty cool figure. Again, I'm not a fan of his Amazing costume, but the figure and likeness is good. I'm always a sucker for a cool spidey figure, and while I did pass on the regular movie figure, Peter Parker himself is too cool not to have. So Yes, slim_summers, there is a Santa Claus, er...I mean, Peter Parker had been freed.

Also, if anybody cares, I figured out a cool way to keep the Silver Surfer on a stand.

So, basically I just took the old school Toy Biz flight stands and unscrewed the top portion. It leaves a hole which exactly fits the end on Norrin's base. The part that sticks in the rock-base. then I just angled the stick connected to his board at a 90 degree angle, and boom, slips right in and you don't have to worry about toppling over!

So far so good. He stayed up all weekend and I hope this is it. Anybody with open, posed figures know what a bummer it is when you go to look at them and they've fallen over. It sucks. Especially when you want to show them off to a friend or whoever, and they're face down...not cool. So hopefully, this will solve my Surfer problem.

Nice one fella! So you lasted what, 2, 3 weeks before opening Petey? Longer than I would've! Is the articulation up to scratch?

Good move with the Surfer - my one's problem seems to be the strength of his ankle joints more than the base, he tends to lean too much but without toppling. May give your idea a go though, especially as I've got one broken flight stand which I could use.

Thanks slim, yeah Pete's artic is pretty decent. Standard ML fare at this point. He can't turn his ankles which kinda sucks, but no biggie. As far as Peter Parkers or "changing" Spider-Man figures go, he's my favorite one. Even with that crappy costume!

I'm real happy with the Surfer's stand. I used to have his stick taped around the end of the stand itself, but that was too wobbly. This new method is way better. Try it! Mine has weak legs all together. Hips ,knees and ankles. Once the board is secure and you can balance him, you should be all set.

IMG_20130105_103552_zps7e4ccf14.jpg

Alright so, I think I want to upgrade my Legends Display Iron Man. I gotta have one with the circle in his chest instead of the triangle. Now I have the Mark V, I believe. From the Iron Man 2 movie line.

I want a figure of the armor he wore at the end of Avengers, after Loki threw Stark out the window. That was Mark VII, right? Did they ever make a Mark VII Avengers figure? With the circle. I remember the Walmart Exclusive line, but that one was only battle damaged, but I'm pretty sure that was triangle anway. Any help?

So I guess that's a No on circle armor Iron Man. That sucks. :csad:

Anyway, I went a little nuts on eBay. Picked up:
20130808_154642_zps39b51708.jpg

Sinister Six Electro, which now completes My 6. And by 'my 6' I mean the group that was together when I started reading ASM with issue 334. Doc Ock. Hobgoblin. The Vulture. Sandman. Mysterio. And now Electro. Love it.

also picked up a second IML Ultron drone, which really compliments my Select Ultron. I know a lot of you guys think MS Ultron is too big but he's awesome. And I think the Legends figures make him look even better.

And to my complete surprise, my Iron Monger actually showed up in the mailbox today. I only paid 28 bucks with shipping and he came all the way from China. Very happily surprised. I thought for sure I was gonna get scammed, but here he is. One of the very few Iron Man baddies I have.

well this pic is more like a Where's Waldo, but if you can find him, I did assemble my Arnim Zola. I snagged his right leg from eBay, tore open Bucky Cap and now have another Avengers Villian!

"Damn, Jay. Don't you ever get any Good guys anymore?" It's funny you should ask. On a total whim I picked up...

Falcon! I'm honestly not much of a Falcon guy, but damn does he look cool and totally fills a hole in my display as another flyer. Very happy with him.

See? Bad ass, right?

Also I decided 70 bucks was too much for ML 2pack black Black Widow, so I let her go. Maybe I can find her cheaper at a Con someday. We'll see. Again, I already have the gray BW 2pack and the ML8 Black Widow so I really didn't NEED her. And 70 bucks for a loose figure that's NOT Deadpool is just crazy. Anyway, enjoy my display and comments/suggestions are welcome as always. Don't be shy.

SpideyJay.....I've said it before and I'll say it again...Nice ass display! They look sweet, man.

Thanks, Biz. You can say it as many times as you want. I never get tired of hearing that!

I got a Sumsung Galaxy S4 and wanted to see what the video quality looked like and figured what better way to test it out than with a new figure video update. So for your viewing pleasure I present to you all:

Spider-Jay420's Marvel Legends Collection: Episode 4
[Yt]00kI2W7vgTM[/MEDIA]

Last edited:
I got a Sumsung Galaxy S4 and wanted to see what the video quality looked like and figured what better way to test it out than with a new figure video update. So for your viewing pleasure I present to you all:

Spider-Jay420's Marvel Legends Collection: Episode 4
[Yt]00kI2W7vgTM[/MEDIA]

Nice display! Do you have any problems with dust settling on your toys?

Thanks man. Don't really have much of a dust problem. I usually adjust and tweak them here and there so I don't really see any dust. Maybe it's just too humid down here? Who knows?

Ah. Well in any case, you are gonna need more shelves soon if you keep buying ;)

I know, right? I'm going to redo it soon anyway. I'm going to totally separate the comics from the figures. All figures on one unit and all comics in the other. it just make so much more sense. the only bad part is that the villian shelf is below eye level and you have to schooch down to see it, but it'll all look better. Soon.

Got my Rocket Raccoon today! Dude even left him unassembled so I could put him together. How awesome! Totally love it! Great figure. No articulation below the waist at all, but his top half totally makes up for it. Articulated mouth, elbows bend and turn, gloves spin, tail is a ball joint of course so you can put it in the air or make him a tripod...tons of posing possibilities.

My pics don't even do him justice. Awesome figure. And! When my Wrecker arrives in a few days, he's coming MOC which means I'll have another gun for Rocket to hold, which makes him even more bad ass! So excited!

And I'll have an extra Rocket head that I won't need. Although I can't imagine anyone passing on the Wrecker, but I can help someone out if they need one.

Oh, and the Star Wars "Black" line? When they finally get around to Yoda, they should design him the same way as Rocket. Articulation, size, all of it. Perfect for Yoda.

The wrecker is pretty sweet. Mine came in on Saturday. Just hoping that bulldozer gets released to complete the crew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"