Spider-Man 3 references in "Knocked Up"

NinjaCarm

Fantastic
Reaction score
Anyone here see "Knocked Up" yet? Funny ass movie I recommend.

Well, they mention Spider-Man 3 three times, and James Franco is in there interviewing Katherine Heigl at one point about Spider-Man 3 (real funny scene). The whole time watching it I was just thinking to myself, "cool they mentioned Spider-Man 3 so much in this film".:woot:

What a lame way to promote the movie. It looks like they really don't want Pirates to pass them in box office sales.

Yep, noticed that too- mentioned it on the box office thread and the official Knocked Up thread. It was really cool that they did that. :up:

What a lame way to promote the movie. It looks like they really don't want Pirates to pass them in box office sales.

Huh??? Upset Pirate fan. Lmaol.

Pirates is failing on it's on terms dude. Second weekend sunk in comparison to Spidey's second weekend as well, I'm pretty sure I heard that in the general movies thread. Face it, live with it- game over for POTC. It's Matrix Revolutions all over again.

And this is a UNIVERSAL movie- not Sony. Universal could have hyped up their own movies, but they chose not to. They chose SM3. That's what's really cool about it, this wasn't Sony hyping their own movie- or at least I don't think so. This was a Universal choice.

doesn't hurt that james franco is a friend of seth rogan, and they have a movie coming out next year together.

Pirates is failing on it's on terms dude. Second weekend sunk in comparison to Spidey's second weekend as well, I'm pretty sure I heard that in the general movies thread. Face it, live with it- game over for POTC. It's Matrix Revolutions all over again.

And this is a UNIVERSAL movie- not Sony. Universal could have hyped up their own movies, but they chose not to. They chose SM3. That's what's really cool about it, this wasn't Sony hyping their own movie- or at least I don't think so. This was a Universal choice.

I don't know I think he's a spider-man fan look at his Spider-Man movie choices , but yeah Pirates fans sorry no mention in Knocked Up. The SM3 references in Knocked Up just felt right... Spider-Man should be anticipated... and it showed.

doesn't hurt that james franco is a friend of seth rogan, and they have a movie coming out next year together.

That's cool. Yeah, I saw a pic on the main page for that.

And I'm betting they just picked the film they thought would have the most buzz about it, and with Spidey leading the summer charge, looks like they chose right.

It's not a studio promoting it's own film, because like I said- it's Universal, not Sony.

No. I'm more of a Spider-man 3 fan. But I just can spot a lame promotion when I see one. Yknow, the same way Pirate became a little desperate and opened on Thursday to help beat Spider-mans opening record.

Dude, look at the TIMING and everything... you do know that this film was made before that 'war' even began right? It's not like they made this film early April. Lol.

Also, it's Universal- NOT A SONY FILM. So, Sony had no control in what 'Knocked Up' did or did not do, since it was not a film made by their studio.

Universal looked for a film that they thought would be 'hot' (have a lot of buzz and rank top in summer box office). And they made the smart choice. All there is to it.

If 'Knocked Up' was a SONY film- you may have a studio promoting it's own film. But, it's NOT a Sony film- thus, it's a RIVAL company marketing SM3.

That's why it's really surprising and cool.

Sweet! I didn't know there would be any references to Spidey in this movie. I am either seeing it today or Sunday with my girlfriend. I'm glad to hear that it is also pretty good.

1. The guys mention that they are off to go see Spider-Man 3.
2. Paul Rudd mentions he went to see Spider-Man 3 alone, to his wife. His wife is angry that he didn't invite him because she loves Spider-Man.
3. James Franco makes a cameo appearance for an E! interview promoting Spider-Man 3.

It was really awesome.

Dude, look at the TIMING and everything... you do know that this film was made before that 'war' even began right? It's not like they made this film early April. Lol.

Also, it's Universal- NOT A SONY FILM. So, Sony had no control in what 'Knocked Up' did or did not do, since it was not a film made by their studio.

Universal looked for a film that they thought would be 'hot' (have a lot of buzz and rank top in summer box office). And they made the smart choice. All there is to it.

If 'Knocked Up' was a SONY film- you may have a studio promoting it's own film. But, it's NOT a Sony film- thus, it's a RIVAL company marketing SM3.

That's why it's really surprising and cool.
Okay. I gotcha.

I got Knocked Up, while using my Spidey webbing ;)

As long as you didn't yell "Shazam!" I think you'll be OK.

Why are people hating all over the "Shazam" comment. It was charming at best, but nothing to go ballistic over. Geez.:woot:

I'd almost considering watching that movie just to see James in a cameo.

lol i saw this movie opening day. hilarios. alot weird things but lol it was funny. anyways james is the funniest part "is this one of those prank shows? if it is its not ****in funny" lmao

I like the "Shazam!" reminds of when he says in SM1 when he learns his webs. How good was Knocked Up?

So we're happy that a bad film mentioned another bad film 3 times? Got it.

So we're happy that a bad film mentioned another bad film 3 times? Got it.

I'm only happy coz you're as open about your hatred of Spider-Man 3, as I'm of my dislike of Superman Returns. That's something we're good at, and I'm glad we're representing both sides of the spectrum. :hyper:

Sweet! I didn't know there would be any references to Spidey in this movie. I am either seeing it today or Sunday with my girlfriend. I'm glad to hear that it is also pretty good.

Its not as funny as the 40 Year Old Virgin at all, but it has better pacing and is a better made movie. The Paul Rudd factor alone makes it well worth it. HE WAS IN CLUELESS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"