Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - Part 82

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll be shooting in New York too

Wasnt there report they wont shoot it NY cause its too expensive? Or did I miss something

EDIT: found it. they maybe will

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...land-reveals-an-interesting-spider-man-tidbit

As for his own solo adventure in 2017, which is being co-produced by Marvel Studios & Sony Pictures, Holland revealed the Jon Watts-directed film will shoot in Atlanta, Georgia sometime next year and may possibly film in New York City as well at some point: "We’re shooting in Atlanta for most of it, because they have studios there and I think it’s cheaper to build a New York set than it is to shoot here, because it’s going to be very expensive. We probably will end up here (in New York) for one week or two."

Last edited:
Sounds like it might be as much of actual NY location filming as the Raimi trilogy.

I'm excited to see Marvel's take on their most iconic and popular character. Although I doubt they will be able to top Spider-Man 2, I am very optimistic that this film will be good. Spidey needs some type of reinvention and we are already seeing that happen. New things we haven't seen before.

I need this!
13179214_1373990312617537_8901499078022443359_n.jpg

Did a quick sketch of MCU Spidey for fun :) What do you think?
20160513_145741.jpg

That's pretty good SuperSpidey17, especially the head.

Thanks everyone!
It's funny you should say that, Endeavor... at first I just drew the head, then I figured, why not finish it while I've got the space. xD

I was thinking lately. remembering that a few days ago i asked who could be the worst possible villain for Homecoming, and i remember hearing the Chameleon as one.
And that got me thinking, would a Chameleon as an adversary movie be that boring/bad/not interesting.
So then i thought, how could a Chameleon movie be fun and thrilling and still be about Peter as a high schooler and as Spidey. They could make Chameleon into something like a hitman, a gun for hire that is known for his effectiveness on taking out targets, you could make him be hired by someone, not neceseraly Osborn, or heck taking in count Tony is in the movie, not neceseraly Hammer, maybe someone new that would gain something out of killing somebody and hires the Chameleon to take the job, maybe someone like Hammerhead, or Tombstone, or Silvermane or even Fisk if you want to connect it with Netflix, and have the Chameleon be this kinda mysterious figure that could be anywhere at anytime due to him being able to change faces, trying to kill someone on Peter's life like Jameson, Connors, Miles Warren or Tony (as very obvious that take would be) and the drama is built from Peter trying to avoid that someone being killed as both Parker and Spidey and also taking down the Chameleon and having problems with his regular life.

And that got me thinking, would a Chameleon as an adversary movie be that boring/bad/not interesting.

Marvel made Obadiah Stane into an actual interesting character and even a frightening villain.
If they did that, they can do even better with Chameleon.

Wasnt there report they wont shoot it NY cause its too expensive? Or did I miss something

EDIT: found it. they maybe will

http://www.superherohype.com/news/3...land-reveals-an-interesting-spider-man-tidbit
Well Altanta is just more for studio shooting: sets, green screen, etc. Marvel has been using that for a while. And yes filming movies in NYC can be very expensive that why most avoid it if they can and use several other cities. Most of the previous Spider-man films did that.
I was thinking lately. remembering that a few days ago i asked who could be the worst possible villain for Homecoming, and i remember hearing the Chameleon as one.
So then i thought, how could a Chameleon movie be fun and thrilling and still be about Peter as a high schooler and as Spidey. They could make Chameleon into something like a hitman, a gun for hire that is known for his effectiveness on taking out targets, you could make him be hired by someone, not neceseraly Osborn, or heck taking in count Tony is in the movie, not neceseraly Hammer, maybe someone new that would gain something out of killing somebody and hires the Chameleon to take the job, maybe someone like Hammerhead, or Tombstone, or Silvermane or even Fisk if you want to connect it with Netflix, and have the Chameleon be this kinda mysterious figure that could be anywhere at anytime due to him being able to change faces, trying to kill someone on Peter's life like Jameson, Connors, Miles Warren or Tony (as very obvious that take would be) and the drama is built from Peter trying to avoid that someone being killed as both Parker and Spidey and also taking down the Chameleon and having problems with his regular life.
I think the idea of his spider sense giving him the only edge above everyone else in finding the chameleon is an interesting idea.

Marvel made Obadiah Stane into an actual interesting character and even a frightening villain.
Part of the reason i wanted to post that whole entire comment, if anything Marvel right now has the perfect chance to set up new things for Phase 4 and Beyond with Spidey's list of rogues, adapt great villains and storylines and have a chance to take those villains who aren't neceseraly the most loved or known and make them really cool or take a new spin on them, like for example Batroc or heck, Zemo.
I think the idea of his spider sense giving him the only edge above everyone else in finding the chameleon is an interesting idea.
I can imagine it now, Chameleon is hired by Tombstone or Wilson Fisk to kill JJ to cause a financial scheme, Peter is there when Chameleon first tries to kill JJ disguised as someone in the Bugle, Spider-Sense tingling, saves JJ as Peter or Spider-Man and the whole movie is Peter in high school and also trying to protect a man that hates Spider-Man from being killed.

Last edited:

Don't see how Stane wasn't interesting or frightening in the comics. He systematically destroyed Tony Stark's life, drove him back to the bottle, took over his company and even killed one of Stark's friends. The final showdown in Iron Man 200 between the Silver Centurion and Iron Monger was also fantastic.

Chameleon is too soon for a Spider-Man in the MCU who hasn't been established or even seen as a menace yet by JJJ.

Hopefully next week we get some major casting it's time to drop some news the film starts shooting in five weeks.Hope the Mark Rylance rumor is true.

Last edited:
Nothing major but I saw Scroggins Aviation listed for C-17 Cockpit Mockup & Effects military aircraft sequence confirmed wonder whats in the cargo :cwink:.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 15
Nothing major but I saw Scroggins Aviation listed for C-17 Cockpit Mockup & Effects military aircraft sequence confirmed wonder whats in the cargo :cwink:.
Possibly a Wing Tech Harness with the Oscorp logo on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"