• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Homecoming Spider-Man in Civil War Discussion|Reactions|Spoilers

Who made Peter's suit?
It was done off screen, and obviously Stark was involved to some degree but I'm wondering if Peter was still the one who put it together?
A suit is so personal, I don't want it to be Tony's.

Stark made it. Spidey thanks Stark for it.

They don't say, he literally just shows up, he mentions Stark giving him the new suit, and they move on

It's implied that it's all Stark, but he does see the proto suit; so I guess you could call that input (Peter's basic design) at a push

Who designed what is really not a pressing issue at that point (or at all really)

Peter has no input at all?

Haven't you seen the movie yet? Anyway, Peter doesn't say anything related to the new suit or the proto suit

But oh man, Tom was a GREAT Peter Parker. If you were worried about the hair style: don't be. I admit it didn't look that great in that photo, but it actually appears very different in the movie. In a nutshell, great look, great performance. Only negative for me was that his american accent was still slightly off, but Tom did say somewhere that he's prepping his accent more for homecoming, so... fingers crossed

Last edited:
They don't say, he literally just shows up, he mentions Stark giving him the new suit, and they move on

It's implied that it's all Stark, but he does see the proto suit; so I guess you could call that input (Peter's basic design) at a push

Who designed what is really not a pressing issue at that point (or at all really)
It kinda is for some fans. Me included. You're downplaying one of Peter's defining character traits to prop up Tony. I'm not AS pissed about it, because again, I love the design. But it does annoy some of us that Stark is taking responsibility for something he shouldn't. It's one of the reasons I hope his role in Homecoming is small because I sure as hell don't want Stark creating Spider tracers, Spider signal, suit upgrades etc. Let Peter create and take credit for at least some of his own inventions, please.

Haven't you seen the movie yet? Anyway, Peter doesn't say anything related to the new suit or the proto suit

But oh man, Tom was a GREAT Peter Parker. If you were worried about the hair style: don't be. I admit it didn't look that great in that photo, but it actually appears very different in the movie. In a nutshell, great look, great performance. Only negative for me was that his american accent was still slightly off, but Tom did say somewhere that he's prepping his accent more for homecoming, so... fingers crossed
Oh, really? I think his american accent is pretty perfect from what we've seen in the trailers and tv spots. He even has the slightest hint of a Queens accent which I think is awesome! :woot:

It kinda is for some fans. Me included. You're downplaying one of Peter's defining character traits to prop up Tony. I'm not AS pissed about it, because again, I love the design. But it does annoy some of us that Stark is taking responsibility for something he shouldn't. It's one of the reasons I hope his role in Homecoming is small because I sure as hell don't want Stark creating Spider tracers, Spider signal, suit upgrades etc. Let Peter create and take credit for at least some of his own inventions, please.
I meant at that point in the film. I understand some fans might not like it, but it makes sense within the story that Stark makes it.

Anybody know the song that plays during Peter's entrance? During the QUEENS card?

Oh, really? I think his american accent is pretty perfect from what we've seen in the trailers and tv spots. He even has the slightest hint of a Queens accent which I think is awesome! :woot:

No I mean that most of the time it was good, but he fumbled on a few lines, very noticably. Outside of those few lines, it was great. I think he'll do better in homecoming, since he didn't have that much prep time for Civil War

And also about Peter inventing stuff, he did...
...invent his web shooters and the web fluid.

Oh and stay for the 2nd end credits scene, I think you especially will appreciate it ;)

Last edited:

Exactly :)

Tony has already created the Spider-Signal for him, actually. You see it in the post credits scene.

Last edited:
Just saw the word 'Tony' and stopped reading there. Time for me to abandon this thread, lol.

Here's his Marvel Heroes model

zafWLyz.jpg

Amazing. But. One word..... "HOMECOMING"..... Just one huge coincidence that they said the subtitle of the Spider-Man movie multiple times or something more to this potentially? Mac Gargan comes to mind, or at least one iteration since he was mind controlled... Or just one really big coincidence?

I just got back from the theatre and I'm still freaking out... I know I'm beating a dead horse but this is the DEFINITIVE Spider-man. At least for me it is. Not only that but I'm out of my mind with excitement that everyone in my theatre was also on board with Tom!! I'm gonna lay in bed now, collecting my thoughts :jd:

Spider-Man's appearance in the movie didn't feel organic, it felt rushed. Like they already had the movie mapped out and at last minute said "We have Spider-Man now, we need to cram him in here somehow".

Not complaining that much. Holland was great, him and Downey Jr were fantastic together and seeing Spider-Man in the airport scene with the rest of the Marvel Universe was a dream come true. Him and Ant-Man were comedy gold.

Perhaps it will just take some getting used too to see my favorite superhero get treated as a minor character for the first time.

Amazing. But. One word..... "HOMECOMING"..... Just one huge coincidence that they said the subtitle of the Spider-Man movie multiple times or something more to this potentially? Mac Gargan comes to mind, or at least one iteration since he was mind controlled... Or just one really big coincidence?
I was thinking that too! But it's probably just a coincidence
I just got back from the theatre and I'm still freaking out... I know I'm beating a dead horse but this is the DEFINITIVE Spider-man. At least for me it is. Not only that but I'm out of my mind with excitement that everyone in my theatre was also on board with Tom!! I'm gonna lay in bed now, collecting my thoughts :jd:

Seriously:hmr:
His Peter Parker too...it's just perfect. Like ****, Marvel...You know what's up

My theater literally roared when QUEENS came on the screen. I got the most epic ****ing chills ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"