Comics Spider-Man in March

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #120

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Stuart Immonen.

Guest-starring the X-Men! Now that one of Peter Parker's fellow students has been exposed as a mutant, the struggle for their heart and mind is on! Magneto, Master of Magnetism, claims the new mutant as his own, but the X-Men aren't about to let that stand! It's a battle royale that rages across the city with the web-slinger caught in the middle! The finale to "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends!"

32 pages, $2.99.
ultimatespiderman120.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #552

Written by Bob Gale, pencils and cover by Phil Jimenez, variant covers by Adi Granov.

Brand New Day continues. What starts as a petty theft from a local Soup Kitchen turns into a chase that results in the birth of a brand-freaking-new Spidey villain. Plus: more JJJ! More Daily Bugle -- oops, DB! Repercussions from the actions of new villain, Menace! Curt Connors!

32 pages, $2.99.
amazing552.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #553-554

Written by Bob Gale, pencils and covers by Phil Jimenez, variant covers by Adi Granov.

More as Spidey battles the threat of Freak and his personal life falls apart around him.

32 pages, $2.99.
amazing553.jpg

amazing554.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: WITH GREAT POWER... #3

Written by David Lapham, pencils and cover by Tony Harris.

Amazing Fantasy #15 introduced us to Spider-ManŠand as it said in those pages, "As his first TV spectacular ends, Peter Parker breathes the first sweet scent of fame and success!" Now for the first time ever, explore the story of Peter's heady days and sleepless nights living the celebrity life! As a wrestling superstar, show-stopping sensation and major moneymaker, this dweeb's hit it big! But even before being forced to discover that with great power must come great responsibility, will the ol' Parker luck rear its ugly head? How could it not?

32 pages, $3.99
smwgp3.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #18

Written by Tom DeFalco, pencils and cover by Ron Frenz.

"Betrayed!" Part 2 of 2 Circumstances compel Spider-Girl to join forces with the most unlikely ally of all--The Hobgoblin!

32 pages, $2.99.
spidergirl18.jpg

MARVEL ADVENTURES SPIDER-MAN #37

Written by Marc Sumerak, penciled by Ale Garza, cover by Sean Gordon Murphy.

They say the best defense is a good offense and Peter Parker doesn't find anyone more offensive than Midtown High's biggest bully, Flash Thompson! When Peter starts taking self-defense classes, he figures he can finally stand up to Flash without giving away his secret life as the Amazing Spider-Man. Too bad the Taskmaster has other plans for our webbed wonder...

32 pages, $2.99.
madspiderman37.jpg

FREAKy.

Although the *pretty much certain* marriage erase isn't too hip...BND looks promising.

Hey, if they can find a way to introduce all this new stuff..then allow for Peter and MJ to become an item once again, i'm all for it.

At least there isn't a death [BLACKOUT]apart from the marriage, that is. [/BLACKOUT]:o

*laughs* The only thing that looks promising in March is USM, Marvel Adventures, and Spider-Girl.

*laughs* Spidey does in own laundry!! lol

Wake me up from this nonsense when they get Peter and MJ back together or when Joey Q gets fired...either or.

*laughs* The only thing that looks promising in March is USM, Marvel Adventures, and Spider-Girl.

*laughs* Spidey does in own laundry!! lol

Wake me up from this nonsense when they get Peter and MJ back together or when Joey Q gets fired...either or.

Isn't it great that people think the movies have too much of MJ but, at the same time, regard MJ as the most important part of the comics? LOL, fanboys.

A lot of the Spidey stuff is looking too kid friendly now.
We need more Feral, Kravens last hunt and torment stuff man!

Maybe if that happens i will care about reading them again.

That's funny... one good story, one great story, and one bad story... in that order.

Spider-Man has always been "kid-friendly"... maybe you've outgrown Spider-Man... :huh: :huh: :huh:

:yay:

That's funny... one good story, one great story, and one bad story... in that order.

Spider-Man has always been "kid-friendly"... maybe you've outgrown Spider-Man... :huh: :huh: :huh:

:yay:

Well i wasn't saying anything about if those comics were good or bad lol. Just that they were pretty dark...for Spidey..

Outgrown Spidey.. :wow:

Eh. I REALLY don't like Phil Jiminez's Spidey. The eyes look WAY too big...and this is comign from a fan of the McFarlane/Larsen era!

Honestly, USM and Spider-Girl look great, and BND looks like okay, at best.

Isn't it great that people think the movies have too much of MJ but, at the same time, regard MJ as the most important part of the comics? LOL, fanboys.

Isn't it great that high-fallutin' fanboys think they're above every other fanboy and point this out by drawing vague conclusions with a kindergarten crayon?

Movie - around 2 hours around every 2 years = too much MJ
Comic - released multiple times monthy = MJ underused

Everything looks good. Jiminez' art looks alright there. He's a bit too inconsistent with the eyes and Spidey in general.

Phil Jiminez's Spidey looks good, but not great. The eyes are too big and Spidey doesn't look amazing overall. As I said before in my last post though, the rest of the art looks good.

Eh. I REALLY don't like Phil Jiminez's Spidey. The eyes look WAY too big...and this is comign from a fan of the McFarlane/Larsen era!

Honestly, USM and Spider-Girl look great, and BND looks like okay, at best.
My only problem with his spidey is that the head is too flat. I mean, it looks like he ran into a wall.

Also. his art in swing shift was my favorite spidey art this whole year. It felt so 80's. It honestly took my breath away. I wish he was working with Slott agan.

Now that the "Spider-Man: With Great Power Issue# 3" picture is up, I have to say that it looks fantastic. It's just so well drawn.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #553-554

Written by Bob Gale, pencils and covers by Phil Jimenez, variant covers by Adi Granov.

More as Spidey battles the threat of Freak and his personal life falls apart around him.

HOW? What else can POSSIBLY fall apart around him? THERE ISN'T ANYTHING LEFT!

Eh...not really looking forward to part 3 of BND, no idea why....

Spidey and his Amazing Friends is only 3 parter? What!?

Isn't it great that high-fallutin' fanboys think they're above every other fanboy and point this out by drawing vague conclusions with a kindergarten crayon?

Movie - around 2 hours around every 2 years = too much MJ
Comic - released multiple times monthy = MJ underused

Isn't it? I didn't think there was too much of MJ in the movies, so don't know where that came from?

The cover to #554 looks badass, reminds me of #316's cover.

Now that the "Spider-Man: With Great Power Issue# 3" picture is up, I have to say that it looks fantastic. It's just so well drawn.

Definitely. That's Tony Harris on the artwork. He does the art on Ex Machina with Brian K. Vaughn. Which is a series I highly suggest checking out not just for the beautiful Tony Harris artwork but for Brian K. Vaughn's fantastic story too.

But I'm looking forward to the With Great Power miniseries. The plot of it sounds very intriguing...and as Spider-ManHero12 pointed out...it's got Tony Harris doing pencils. Worth the price of admission alone.

Everything else looks all right. It's so difficult to gauge what is going on with Brand New Day as we still have to finish up the last part of ONE MORE DAY. From what I can tell in the covers and the descriptions it just sounds like they completely rebooted the Spider-Man mythos. Which they could have done that without ending the marriage with the devil, heh.

Definitely. That's Tony Harris on the artwork. He does the art on Ex Machina with Brian K. Vaughn. Which is a series I highly suggest checking out not just for the beautiful Tony Harris artwork but for Brian K. Vaughn's fantastic story too.

But I'm looking forward to the With Great Power miniseries. The plot of it sounds very intriguing...and as Spider-ManHero12 pointed out...it's got Tony Harris doing pencils. Worth the price of admission alone.

Everything else looks all right. It's so difficult to gauge what is going on with Brand New Day as we still have to finish up the last part of ONE MORE DAY. From what I can tell in the covers and the descriptions it just sounds like they completely rebooted the Spider-Man mythos. Which they could have done that without ending the marriage with the devil, heh.

Yeah, OMD should be out this Friday, i believe. Delayed two days because of Christmas...(besides the regular delay, i mean)

All great stories :up:

What you mean kid friendly? I don't see that :huh:

Either way, you shouldn't feel worried. When asked about if Spidey is going back to the more light hearted/more care free days, he responded [sic] "I really don't understand it when people talk about the more 'care free days.' Peter Parkers story exlpored very dark themes right from the start and we'll keeping the same tone.

I for one agree right from the get go I've always felt that Spider-Man is a very melancholy saga that explores dark themes. The pain of Peter Parker is inherent to the character.

It's just that over the years, the comics code authority got more leanient, until they didn't exist anymore.

What about that BND cover with Spidey with a gun? That's quite hardcore. Isn't that story's villain a serial killer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"