Comics Spider-Man in May 2008

DestinyMakerX

Civilian
Reaction score
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #558
Written by BOB GALE
Pencils and Cover by BARRY KITSON
The frighteningly funky and fearsome Freak returns, more powerful than ever! And this action-packed issue features the gorgeous art of Barry Kitson – fresh from Marvel's THE ORDER! Plus: Menace! Curt Connors! Aunt May! Lots of innocent bystanders! Gale wrote it, Wacker edited it, and Marvel actually thought it was a good idea to publish it!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #559
Written by DAN SLOTT
Penciled by MARCOS MARTIN
Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
Peter Parker: Paparazzi! Part 1 of 3
"The Money Shot"
The DB, New York's trashiest tabloid, has just hired the sleaziest, most muckraking, lowlife paparazzi of them all... PETER PARKER?! Say it ain't so, true believer! Also in this ish, J. Jonah Jameson finds inner peace and harmony... (Hey, it could happen! Maybe.) All this and the first ever livestreaming super-villain: Screwball! Dan Slott returns to Spidey, and he's bringing Marcos Martin (DOCTOR STRANGE: THE OATH) with him!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #560
Written by DAN SLOTT
Pencils and cover by MARCOS MARTIN
Peter Parker: Paparazzi! Part 2 of 3
"Flat Out Crazy"
Are Pete's paparazzi pics inspiring a super celebrity stalker? Is he responsible for all of her grisly acts? Even if he is, what can Spider-Man do about it? How can anyone stop the flatout freaky powers of Paper Doll? Also: Miss this issue, and you'll miss out on SOMETHING YOU'VE ALL BEEN ASKING FOR!!! Write it down, Spider-fans, ASM #560!!!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

SPIDER-MAN: WITH GREAT POWER... #5 (of 5)
Written by DAVE LAPHAM
Pencils & Cover by TONY HARRIS
When Peter Parker was first bitten by that radioactive spider, he thought his celebrity status as the amazing Spider-Man was about to make life cushy. But he discovered right away that he couldn't escape the ol' Parker luck! After flirting with corruption and disaster on the rollercoaster ride of fame and success as a teen sensation, Peter may think he's getting it under control…but he's about to face the greatest challenge of his young life…
32 PGS./Cardstock Cover/Rated A …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #20
Written by TOM DEFALCO
Pencils & Cover by RON FRENZ
It's the start of a Brand New May as Mayday Parker decides to make some startling changes when her mysterious stalker is finally revealed and Moose launches his first attack against Spider-Girl.
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

Awesome! I truly am looking foward to ASM Issue #558, 559, 560 and Spider-Man: With Great Power Issue #5 of 5. :up:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #560
Written by DAN SLOTT
Pencils and cover by MARCOS MARTIN
Peter Parker: Paparazzi! Part 2 of 3
"Flat Out Crazy"
Are Pete's paparazzi pics inspiring a super celebrity stalker? Is he responsible for all of her grisly acts? Even if he is, what can Spider-Man do about it? How can anyone stop the flatout freaky powers of Paper Doll? Also: Miss this issue, and you'll miss out on SOMETHING YOU'VE ALL BEEN ASKING FOR!!! Write it down, Spider-fans, ASM #560!!!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

Logic???

:oldrazz::hyper:

The paparazzi storyline sounds good, but I don't really like the art of the penciller based on the cover...um, maybe the actual stuff will be better

I am sorry but I gave BND a try and I can't get over what they've done to Peter and MJ just to bring back his aunt who is already on the brink of death. I am going to have to pass on all Spidey titles expect Ultimate.

I think everyone who stayed on with BND will be a little sick of not seeing any real villains anyways. Seriously guys, classic villains bar Kingpin haven't been properly seen in 50 issues now! Its down right insulting!

I think everyone who stayed on with BND will be a little sick of not seeing any real villains anyways. Seriously guys, classic villains bar Kingpin haven't been properly seen in 50 issues now! Its down right insulting!

I agree. Although Mysterio and Vulture both had good appearances in Sensational Spider-Man, most recently.

According to Dan Slott in the latest issue of Wizard, two of Spidey's classic villains are coming back in a big way in an arc he's writing covering August-September's issues (#568-#573).

Wow...going to some of these nostalgic threads like the ones about Peter and MJ with tales from the '70s and people in other threads bringing up '80s and '90s Spidey comics....

just wow. Quesada doesn't get it or Marvel doesn't get it. Brand New Day IS NOT return to old. It is the same stories, just more episodic (until the Skrulls events gets rolling later this year ****ing up more **** in Spidey mythos, I'm sure) and with a single Spidey. How boring. The only writer who seems to get Spidey anymore is DeFalco over in the Spider-Girl books and I haven't even ever read a full issue of that.

They really have gutted this character and ptu him out to pasture. Reading Spidey now is like paying 3 bucks for a Peanut strip. No thanks.

(until the Skrulls events gets rolling later this year ****ing up more **** in Spidey mythos, I'm sure)

Actually, ASM isn't going to tie into Secret Invasion.

DACrowe said:
The only writer who seems to get Spidey anymore is DeFalco over in the Spider-Girl books and I haven't even ever read a full issue of that.

So then how could you possibly make a judgment like that?

DACrowe said:
Reading Spidey now is like paying 3 bucks for a Peanut strip. No thanks.

But you "quit." So, again, how could you possibly make a judgment like that?

Since Dangerous specifically asked, here're some covers:
ultsm122.jpg

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #122
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by STUART IMMONEN
The worst day in Peter Parker’s life! Spider-Man has been defeated and kidnapped! Wait till you see who did what the Green Goblin, the Kingpin and Doctor Octopus couldn't do! And can Kitty Pryde and Mary Jane team up to save him in time?
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

asm559.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #559

asm_560.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #560

smwgp005.jpg

SPIDER-MAN: WITH GREAT POWER... #5 (of 5)

aspig020.jpg

Amazing Spider-Girl #20

Also in addition...

MARVEL ADVENTURES SPIDER-MAN #39
Written by MARC SUMERAK
Penciled by RYAN STEGMAN
Cover by PATRICK SCHERBERGER
Hold on, Spidey! You can't fight the Fantastic Four! You're all supposed to be on the same side! Not to mention the fact that you're waaaaay outnumbered! Wait... the FF kidnapped your school's new exchange student and are experimenting on him in the Baxter Building?!? Well, then, what are you waiting for, webhead? IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME! (Umm... just try to be the "clobberer," not the "clobberee"...)
32 PGS./All Ages …$2.99
maradvsm039.jpg

MARVEL ADVENTURES THE AVENGERS #24
Written by JEFF PARKER
Penciled by IG GUARA
Cover by LEONARD KIRK
FAN FAVE JEFF PARKER RETURNS!
Giant-Girl hates Spider-Man. Spider-Man hates Ant-Man. Ant-Man hates Iron Man. Iron Man hates...everyone. Where is all this hate coming from? Some kind of... MONGER, perhaps?
maradvavn024.jpg

NEW AVENGERS #41
Penciled by BILLY TAN
Cover by ALESKI BRICLOT
SECRET INVASION TIE-IN!
The Avengers are trapped in the Savage Land, battling friend and foe. And Spider-Man heads to the one person in the entire place he knows he can trust: Ka-Zar!! But is it really him? This important chapter rewinds the events of the very first New Avengers story and shows how it connects to the Invasion.
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99
NEWAVN041_cov.jpg

THUNDERBOLTS: REASON IN MADNESS
Written by CHRISTOS N. GAGE
Pencils by BEN OLIVER
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Who's crazier - Venom or Norman Osborn? The Thunderbolts are about to find out, as one of Venom's old partners in crime makes him an offer he can't refuse…and all he has to do is betray Norman. But bad things happen when you cross the man who was the Green Goblin….
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
tboltsrim001.jpg

SECRET INVASION #2 (of 8)
Penciled by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Cover by GABRIELE DELL’OTTO
Variant by STEVE MCNIVEN
Sketch Variant by STEVE MCNIVEN
The Invasion is here!! The Marvel Universe is in shambles. The Skrull Empire's plan has birthed itself into perfection. It is hero versus hero!! Resurrections and reunions!! Is Tony Stark a Skrull? And is that actually Captain America leading the heroes into a new era?? EXPECT CHANGE!!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
secret_invasion_2.jpg

I might have to check out that Thunderbolts: Reason in Madness book. It looks interesting, and I do really like the Green Goblin. I'll at least flip through it, even if I don't end up buying it.

All the covers look great! Spider-Man: With Great Power #5 looks great and so does all fo the ASM's. I think I might get Thunderbolts: Reason in madness. It defenitley looks good. I also might be getting Secret Invasion.

Oh man the ASM 560 cover looks like Ditko's work! Amazing Marcos Martin!

Thanx Kraven.

The cover to ASM#560 is... um, interesting...

Does anyone know if the first Osborn led Thunderbolts arc has been collected yet?

Actually, ASM isn't going to tie into Secret Invasion.

So then how could you possibly make a judgment like that?

But you "quit." So, again, how could you possibly make a judgment like that?

I read the first issue of BND. I've seen the previews, read the synopsis of new issues, etc. They are the same as the comics before BND sans any event or MJ....aka mediocre. I have seen excerpts in threads of Spider-Girl trying to convince us to come over to Spider-Girl and those snippets were better than ASM has been in years.

As for being peanuts. Simple. They are just going to drone along and nothing will really ever change again (except maybe when Quesada leaves) and until then Peter is Charlie Brown going through the same **** and staying perpetually the same with no growth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"