Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse News and General Discussion Thread

The fight at Aunt May’s house! Holy hell.

Just got back. Really enjoyed the film. The end credit scene had me laughing so hard, but also excited if they get go do the sequel. Animation took just a little bit of an adjustment, but it had a unique stylization I can appreciate. Ole' Parker was great. I think they did a great job with this. Best Spider-Man film? Idk. I grew up with the Raimi Films, but this is pretty close up there for me.

No offense but do you like anything?
Yes I do. I just wasn't interested in seeing an animated Marvel movie but I still did, so I won't need to pick it up on Dvd or streaming. And by the way, I didn't have any sleep yesterday and I watched it right after Aquaman, and I was already feeling sleepy when Aquaman was about to end. Though honestly, thia animated movie just didnt interest me as I've never been a fan of Spider-Man legacy characters or legacy characters in general. And the animated style made me think that they didn't have much budget or time, though I'm sure the animation style was intentional but still, not my cup of tea.

That’s cool. I admit like most I was very hesitant about this working. Sony’s track record hasn’t been the best when it comes to having so many characters crammed into a Spider-Man movie but I thought the script was very smart and gave everyone moments to shine.

I enjoyed the film. It was a good watch. However, as good as the animation is, there was quite a bit that was just too much. Too much going on.

The side characters apart from Peter and Gwen were annoying and i didn't care for them. Stan Lee cameo was very touching.

But it's still a good watch.

Last edited:
This movie isn't going to make Pixar/Disney money but the good thing is this will likely mean we get this movie on home video super quick.

I found it more entertaining and deeper than most of Pixar’s recent offerings. Definitely more rewatchable than Incredibles 2.

This film has won 10 major critic awards to date, including an overall best feature win.

I'll likely be seeing it a couple of times this week. The wait has been far too long.

:spidey:

Okay, I finally got to watch this with my children this weekend. I also got to be a child again for a brief time while watching it.

This was the best Spider-man film to date. It had more feels than Spider-Man 2, more of a proper Peter Parker than Spider-man Homecoming, better villains than any Spider-Man movie thus far, and it gave us a coming of age story that tops the original Spider-Man. This was everything we never knew we truly wanted, and with a Spider-Man that I couldn't have cared less about a year ago.

Miles was the lovable protagonist, Peter was the PERFECT continuation of the Raimi Spider-Man (but with mechanical web-shooters, so suck that, haters), Spider-Gwen was everything that I hoped she would be: The resilient loner with trust issues and a deep need to be close to someone.

I can't say enough about this film. It was beautiful from start to finish. The little minute details in the art were so awesome. Look at Miles's eyes when you rewatch it (GO REWATCH IT). The outlines are off-center, and incomplete...like graffiti. Little details...so awesome.

Honestly, don't call yourself a Spider-man fan if you miss this one on the big screen. Also, the soundtrack was amazing. So fitting for the movie...my son and I have been going around singing "What's Up Danger" for three days now.

11 out of 10. Only because writing "Infinity out of 10" would seem like an Avengers reference.

This movie isn't going to make Pixar/Disney money but the good thing is this will likely mean we get this movie on home video super quick.
I don't care if it doesn't make the money, it beat did what Pixar used to do: It broke the mold and rose the bar.

It’s a shame the GA don’t see this kind of animation in the same way and flock to it in droves like the Pixar stuff.

It actually did feel like a classic Pixar movie. That's what I was thinking but you reminded me . Went to see it again last night and theatre wasn't even 50% full. Yet Aquaman will probably have constant sell outs, not to dismiss it.

It’s a shame the GA don’t see this kind of animation in the same way and flock to it in droves like the Pixar stuff.

Well, GA is going to go see GA stuff. This may only pull in 80 or 100 million domestic, now, unless it has great legs, but if they drop "Shrek 5" or "A Bug's Life 2", those will make 80 million on opening weekend, and the plot will STILL be "it's okay to be who you are" and "It's okay to be small, so long as you have friends". This movie's lesson is "Anyone can be a hero", but the animation is original and unique, so like Kubo (which is just...a beautiful film), it won't make huge numbers, but I think it will leave a permanent impression on those that watch it.

I've always said, and I stick by it, I would rather this movie be GREAT than to make tons of money. Transformers 3 and 4 made lots of money, but I don't know anyone who regards them as great films. Or even good films.

Animation still has the stigma as being for kids or families. I have avoided many animated films because of this. Even if I know it's not the case for certain films, I'll default to live action and figure I'll catch it on Blu ray or some on demand service later on.This kind of thinking would likely drive animators nuts, but it's pretty common.

This film is an outlier for me for a number of reasons, the main two being Spder-Man (duh) and inspired creativity.

People complain about Hollywood being creatively bankrupt but when a genuinely creative movie comes along it isn't supported.

This movie is going to max out 400m (at most), Venom made over 800m. If you're Sony what the message the general audience is showing them is clear. Fortunately, they've already greenlit a sequel for the animated movie but that means little until the final BO numbers come in. Sony had no problem dropping plans for greenlit sequels to the 'Amazing' series.

People complain about Hollywood being creatively bankrupt but when a genuinely creative movie comes along it isn't supported.

This movie is going to max out 400m (at most), Venom made over 800m. If you're Sony what the message the general audience is showing them is clear. Fortunately, they've already greenlit a sequel for the animated movie but that means little until the final BO numbers come in. Sony had no problem dropping plans for greenlit sequels to the 'Amazing' series.
Venom-verse is financially secure
like Homecoming, that movie's success is for the entire brand to invest back into other things
Spider-verse is a done deal with the sequel and its spinoff getting writers & directors on deck

I doubt Sony was expecting true "Spider-Man" numbers for this. This was never going to be a $800 mil grosser.

Honestly, I've still yet to see Venom. I will probably get it on Blu-ray tomorrow and watch it. I just didn't care enough to spend that kind of money to see it in theaters. This movie was enough that I planned my son's birthday party around it because ALL HE WANTED TO Do was watch this movie. My daughter, too, obviously. Had there been no occasion, I would have seen it twice. Birthday parties are expensive.

Like I said, the GA made all the Transformers movies hits, and only one of them was even worth watching (and Bumblebee looks decent), and the GA made the Pirates of the Caribbean movies hits, and I don't think I enjoyed one since the first one. I know those movies have their fans, but still...
And, not to knock it, because it looks solid, but Aquaman will dethrone Spider-Man this week. Or maybe Bumblebee will. Of maybe Mary Poppins will. This is easily the worst time Sony could have released this film. It opened against Mortal Engines, and Wreck it Ralph 2 and Grinch are still going, and now you've got three major big budget flicks opening up? They should have released it last weekend. At least then they could have had 2 weeks at number one.
Either way, here we are with a great movie. So, at least we have that.

Spider-Verse is animated diarrhea. There is only one Spider-Man and it's Peter Parker. And Pete doesn't appear near enough in a cartoon titled Spider-Man.

Sorry but that's the thought of most true fans over the age of 35. THAT is why it made poor box office.

Spider-Verse is animated diarrhea. There is only one Spider-Man and it's Peter Parker. And Pete doesn't appear near enough in a cartoon titled Spider-Man.

Sorry but that's the thought of most true fans over the age of 35. THAT is why it made poor box office.
Hey man, long time no see. How's your quest to convince Marvel to put bigger boobs in kids comics going?

1. ANYONE can be Spider-Man.
2. Peter Parker has TONS of screen time and has a character arc. Don't act like he was shortchanged.
3. There have been six (SIX!) movies starring Peter Parker and another Peter Parker movie is dropping in literally few months time.

Disney/Pixar has an animation monopoly. Slap the Disney/Pixar label on this movie and it would have easily added another 200m to the BO. SM:ITSV is a far superior movie to Incredibles 2 and Incredibles 2 will make over a billion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"