Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activision's Business Model:

Make around 2 great games to start out a franchise...then put out yearly installments that in no way (or just barely) improve over the last game until people no longer give a flying crap about it. Squeeze the money out of it until people get wise to their game (pun intended).

Thats, actually, not a bad way of looking at it. Thats pretty much it.

Thats, actually, not a bad way of looking at it. Thats pretty much it.
Haha, Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, CoD, Spider-man...the list goes on. Lucky for them even though the CoD games are minimal improvements, people still buy them. I wonder what they will do if one flat out tanked.

Haha, Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, CoD, Spider-man...the list goes on. Lucky for them even though the CoD games are minimal improvements, people still buy them. I wonder what they will do if one flat out tanked.

Well I'd argue that 2 already have: Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. Tony Hawk just became super uninteresting and then they tried to bring it back with motion controls, which completely bombed.

It'll be interesting to see how they try to revive GH. I'll just sit back with my popcorn.

Their CEO only seems to care about their bottom line and how they look to their investors. I've never known a game company to tout how much money they are making compared to actually touting the quality and integrity of their products and much as Activision has as of late.

Last edited:
I meant if CoD tanked. Tony Hawk did a long time ago. CoD is their biggest console franchise and where they make their most money. I wonder how they would handle things if they releaed one that just didnt sell. With all the yearly releases, momentum for the series hasnt quite slowed down and it hasnt reached its saturation point yet, but you'd have to imagine that it would someday especially with the rumors/talk of CoD being spun off into different genres

Last edited:
Ah, yeah that would be interesting. It's sad that they can rely on one quality product and let all the others just fade into mediocrity or udder crap.

I'm optimistic enough that they will eventually get their acts together...how long it will take, however, is another matter. If EA can turn their ship around, so can Activision.

Spider-man's agility would look amazing in 3D. Dodging bullets and web swinging could be really cool if done correctly. The feel of his superhuman speed and acrobatic movement would stand out in 3D.

Spider-man's agility would look amazing in 3D. Dodging bullets and web swinging could be really cool if done correctly. The feel of his superhuman speed and acrobatic movement would stand out in 3D.
technically if they wanted it implement 3D, it doesnt have to be a 3DS exclusive. They could do that right now on the 360 and PS3

Even though I actually really enjoyed SD, it still could have been much better. More time to fix glitches, more freedom for the writer, a fourth act...etc.

I'll probably rent the next Spidey game they cough up. There's no way I'll buy any more games for a while, and if anything, I'll reserve it for Arkham City.

Even though I actually really enjoyed SD, it still could have been much better. More time to fix glitches, more freedom for the writer, a fourth act...etc.

I'll probably rent the next Spidey game they cough up. There's no way I'll buy any more games for a while, and if anything, I'll reserve it for Arkham City.

That reminds me, I have $24 in credit at a local gaming store here. Thanks for reminding me about B:AC so I can save it for that. XD

On the topic of Spider-Man, yes we'll see another one. This is pretty much guaranteed.

The VIP survey they had asked what six characters you would like to see in a Spider-Man game along with X-Men related stuff (the survey itself was centered on future X-Men games, but there was a bit about Spidey).

I picked Doc Ock (the male one), Morlun, Green Goblin (Osborn), and Lady Octopus (I liked her rendition in SM:SD and think she could be kind of interesting to see again).

The rest I picked were for X-Men.

Top Four Powers I'd like to use in a future X-Men title:
Pyrokinesis
Reality Warping
Magnekinesis (Magneto's ability)
Telepathy

X-Men I'd like to see or play as in a future title (Pre-Chosen)
Jean Grey
Angel
Shadowcat
Polaris
Emma Frost

Add four more mutants to the previous list that weren't already there
Franklin Richards
Quentin Quire (Kid Omega)
Squirrel Girl
Mister Sinister (can't believe he wasn't on the previous list...)

technically if they wanted it implement 3D, it doesnt have to be a 3DS exclusive. They could do that right now on the 360 and PS3

True but with the 3DS the 3D can be a gameplay element because everyone can get the effect.

EDIT: Well the post was meant for the other Spider-Man thread.

Last edited:
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions will release on Thanksgiving weekend for PC. This will only release at Walmart in the US.

"Hero HQ
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions will be available for PC this Thanksgiving Weekend, only at Wal-Mart!"

From HeroHQ's Facebook.

nope they pushed that one back to work on it more. surprised you didn't know though. though when I mentioned it on GT after the review they did for consoles some jerk gave me a thumbs down after joystiq and gamersutra said it'll come out later this year that same day. all I did was let others know about it. especially since they screwed up on no adding the pc to the list on that site at the time.

Last edited:
just beat this game...was the Mysterio and Noir worlds a rip off of Arkham Asylum to anyone else

I, for one, prefer Spidey games as sandbox, only this one is served better by not being a sandbox, it works better for selecting levels and playing in different worlds. When they released news about this before the first trailer, there were rumors of Spider-Man dimension hopping, I imagined it would be sort of a sandbox where you need to find portals sort of like in Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks, but you swing to the air hung portals

I still haven't played this one, it feels more fitting for PC than it is for PS3, it still hasn't got ported, and after my recent experience with Prototype (very slow) and my very very recent experience with X-Men Origins: Wolverine today (much slower than Prototype, event with the very low resolution and increased brightness), I think Activision suck at porting games to PC

i didnt want to like the game due to my distain for all things Ultimate...however I gave it a shot due to my love for Spidey 2099. It was a good game except for the blantant ripping of Arkham Asylum...especially the end battle with Scarecrow...I mean Mysterio

i didnt want to like the game due to my distain for all things Ultimate...however I gave it a shot due to my love for Spidey 2099. It was a good game except for the blantant ripping of Arkham Asylum...especially the end battle with Scarecrow...I mean Mysterio
I dont see anything wrong with it bc the Noir levels are among the best in the game. They really should consider making an entire game arond it

As far as Ultimate goes, it was almost indistinguishable from 616. They didnt borrow heavy from that comic line in this game. Aside from Electro's appearance, all of Ultimate's could have easily been the Amazing and there wasnt much difference between the 2 Spider-men. I hoep your disfance for the Ultimate line didnt cloud your view on those levels as labeling it Ultimate didnt take away from it in this game

Last edited:
Price: $39.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879221198 - PS3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874117113 - 360

Price: $29.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878114220 - Wii

Price: $9.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16878114235 - DS

NewEgg.com is selling Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions for as low as $9.99 until November 28, 2010. NewEgg's items usually have no sales tax and free shipping!

If you haven't gotten SM:SD yet for yourself or want to get it for someone else for Christmas, now's your chance at a nice low Black Friday price!

Last edited:
just started playing this game. so far the future spidey level is the best. it looks so cool and is fun being in a city that huge with flying cars everywhere. the combat is really simple. i feel way over powered and really the only challenge is finding stuff. no enemies are even remotely troublesome. saw a list of the costumes and am disappointed with the selection.

just started playing this game. so far the future spidey level is the best. it looks so cool and is fun being in a city that huge with flying cars everywhere. the combat is really simple. i feel way over powered and really the only challenge is finding stuff. no enemies are even remotely troublesome. saw a list of the costumes and am disappointed with the selection.
Are you playing on normal? I started on Hard and thought it was pretty challenging from the beginning. It got alot easier the second time around after I was leveled up all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"