World Spider-Man: The Animated Series

Friggin' Kingpin was involved in nearly every story in some shape or form. I think the Morbius and the Venom storylines are the only ones that were Kingpin free.

Actually no scratch that, even in the Venom three parter he's in two of the episodes. He steals the promethium X and sends Shocker to kill Brock.

Season 1 was the best of the series. Minimum Kingpin, and several of the villains all got to shine in their own episodes solo.

Friggin' Kingpin was involved in nearly every story in some shape or form. I think the Morbius and the Venom storylines are the only ones that were Kingpin free.

Actually no scratch that, even in the Venom three parter he's in two of the episodes. He steals the promethium X and sends Shocker to kill Brock.

Season 1 was the best of the series. Minimum Kingpin, and several of the villains all got to shine in their own episodes solo.

It's very funny that Season 1 had the least amount of Kingpin considering that he is in 6 out of 13 episodes. That's almost half the whole season right there.

I felt Season 1 was the best season as well. Each villain got a chance to shine in a solo, something we barely got after that. Other than barely half a handful of villains, I can't think of any other villains from season 1 that got their own chance to shine like that after the first season.

Shocker and Rhino were reduced exclusively to the Sinister Six.
The Lizard had one (awful) Lizardmen episode in Season 4, and that was about it.
Mysterio had another solo episode later on with his old GF, and that was about it. Other than that, he was reduced to the S6.
Kraven only had one solo episode in Season 4.
Chameleon - same thing. Reduced to the S6.

Another problem were the number of other Marvel characters they used. Starting with Season 2, they used non-Spidey related characters almost every other episode.

He had nothing to do with Carnage, at least

I felt Season 1 was the best season as well. Each villain got a chance to shine in a solo, something we barely got after that. Other than barely half a handful of villains, I can't think of any other villains from season 1 that got their own chance to shine like that after the first season.
Hobgoblin
At least until his last episode
Shocker and Rhino were reduced exclusively to Kingpin's Insidious Six.
More in tone with the show

Still is a super Spider Man toon & I loved the revamped colourfull character designs & not forgetting the action figures.

My big and only pick was too much Kingpin and not enough of Mysterio, Hammerhead, Prowler, Chameleon or Vulture episodes.

fav eps include, Menace Of Mysterio, Day Of The Chameleon, Sting Of The Scorpion & Sinister 6 two parter.

Anyone for Spider Man The Animated Series MOTUC type collectors figures?

:woot:

Yeah, I have to agree with the complaints of how overused Kingpin was. It made the other villains suffer. Especially Doc Ock. Ock is a leader of man, not a follower. Kingpin even stole his thunder by creating the "Sinister" Six. The only time he had any real dignity was his debut episode. That episode even gave the impression that he could operate on his own rather than being a glorified Kingpin stooge.

The Ottobot two parter was Ock's chance to reclaim his arch nemesis status, but it gets ruined when it's shown that was working for Kingpin. Kingpin didn't even attribute to anything in that episode other than showing that Ock wasn't acting on his own.
:hehe:
And the second part of that arc helps him less

fav eps include, Menace Of Mysterio, Day Of The Chameleon, Sting Of The Scorpion & Sinister 6 two parter.
Insidious :o
Go with the toon's tune man

I think this series has plenty of good individual story arcs that almost feel like DTV movies. The Venom Saga, Spider-Man vs. Doctor Octopus, Spider-Man vs. Dardevil, Return of the Green Goblin, Secret Wars, and so on. Its hard to watch it from start to finish though.

I really liked the last season with Spider-Man traveling across different dimensions and meeting Stan Lee. If only they made a sixth season and concluded the show. Oh well. :(

I like the show a lot. one of my greatest memories from childhood. I think it's just as good as Batman: TAS, both of which I'd rank 9/10 (for television cartoons).

I like the show a lot. one of my greatest memories from childhood. I think it's just as good as Batman: TAS, both of which I'd rank 9/10 (for television cartoons).
Yeah, I think its on par with Batman: TAS. It actually had good long running story arcs, something Batman TAS did not have.

The problem with long running arcs is when they trip on their foot and make a few mistakes here and there
It's one thing I respect about Batman:TAS for not using the arcs formula

The problem with long running arcs is when they trip on their foot and make a few mistakes here and there

So you respect Batman: TAS for not even trying? lol

If there were any continuity mistakes in Spider-Man: TAS, then they were pretty minor and did little to ruin my enjoyment of the series.

So you respect Batman: TAS for not even trying? lol

If there were any continuity mistakes in Spider-Man: TAS, then they were pretty minor and did little to ruin my enjoyment of the series.
Yeah, I do, it kept it the respectable thing it is today

Spider-Man:TAS storytelling has a bunch of inconsistencies, unexplained random things, disappearing people with absent needed return act....
It's entertaining and fun, but not strong in quality

Yeah, I do, it kept it the respectable thing it is today

Right. Batman: TAS is well respected because it avoided using story arc. :o

Spider-Man:TAS storytelling has a bunch of inconsistencies, unexplained random things, disappearing people with absent needed return act....

I highly disagree with you.

This series got me into the web head. I havn't watched cartoons in a while though :|

You bolded that part and said "strongly disagree with me" :p

I will list some continuity breakers here:
  • Octavius makes it clear he wants to do his science stuff in the Insidious 6 episode, nothing is shown of it later.
  • As soon as May enters the Taxi and it moves, the illusion goes off the hospital, in a way May can see it, but no one said a thing. Insidious 6 part 2
  • Smythe tells Kingpin how convenient it is he (Fisk) owns this hospital, but we're shown it's broken. Does he own it or what?
  • By the end of that arc, everyone drops out of Kingpin's service, to bee seen working for him and report to him in most things they do. Nothing explains why, they just serve him
  • "Herbert Langdon" betrays Kingpin, and Fisk knows it in "The Mutant Agenda", but he works for him later, no questions, no reason, we don't know why he trusts him now when Smythe failed Fisk's son, everything is out of the blue
  • By the end of season 2 scorpion and Vulture both go their separate ways, next thing is both are together in Gargan's apartment, and Vulture is his prisoner. Vulture switches between youth and old age, what happened to the Man-Spider? Where did it go? Why are is he a youth? What happened to give Gargan reason to trap Toomes? All answers thrown out the window
  • Quentin Beck is the cause of that actress accident, but that is ignored for a long time, then he says he loves that maniac and dies with her in some goofy way
And there are plenty more

I bolded "It's entertaining and fun, but not strong in quality", meaning I disagree with the whole statement. I think the show is entertaining and fun, but it is strong in quality.

I bolded "It's entertaining and fun, but not strong in quality", meaning I disagree with the whole statement. I think the show is entertaining and fun, but it is strong in quality.
You said you disagree with the whole statement, yet you said you agree with a part of it
Take the part like this
It's not strong in quality
Or this

It's not like changing the meaning of what I said, it's only taking the part you disagree with

The show has loads of faults in storytelling, I used to give a blind eye to them

The Show was Still better than the crap we get to watch these days and with all characters and crossovers it was fine treat of Entertainment .

You said you disagree with the whole statement, yet you said you agree with a part of it

Take the part like this

Or this

It's not like changing the meaning of what I said, it's only taking the part you disagree with

:facepalm: Seriously? I explained what I meant in my post.

[*]Octavius makes it clear he wants to do his science stuff in the Insidious 6 episode, nothing is shown of it later.

Actually what he says is he's not a petty hireling, he is a Scientist. Kingpin then promises him he can provide him with the finest laboratory in the world with unlimited resources. Ock then responds that Spider-Man won't know what hit him. So the implication is that if Ock helps kill Spider-Man then Kingpin will provide him with a state of the art lab.

[*]As soon as May enters the Taxi and it moves, the illusion goes off the hospital, in a way May can see it, but no one said a thing. Insidious 6 part 2

I don't understand this one. Are you saying May should have seen the illusion turn off?

[*]Smythe tells Kingpin how convenient it is he (Fisk) owns this hospital, but we're shown it's broken. Does he own it or what?

Yes he owns it. He uses the place to patch up his men. But he doesn't want to draw attention to it so it looks like a run down building. They only made the place look like a fancy hospital called 'Octavius clinic' to fool Aunt May.

The rest of your list is valid. The Vulture one bothered me most. How was he not the Man-Spider any more and how the hell did Scorpion get a hold of him?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"