The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Sense in SM4

The symbiote wasn't even on him yet.:huh:

And the symbiote is suppose to enhance his powers not mess them up.

I have it on BluRay. You can CLEARLY see Peter with a look of confusion on his face. Like he knows something is coming. It's a split second before Harry grabs him. Pete's facial expression changes.

They change right as he's grabbed. But even still, there is no obvious indication that it went off. It should be obvious in one way or another. When he dodged the pumkin bomb later on it was pretty obvious his spider-sense went off. My wife even caught that. But the fact we're talking about what his face may or may have not done a split second before he was grabbed shows they didn't high-light it enough. Not to mention we even have a scene almost just like that in the second showing how he'd act if something was right behind him coming at him.

2:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7heDN0UoAQ

I maintain that they didn't show anything. I wish they did but they didn't.

Last edited:
The symbiote wasn't even on him yet.:huh:

And the symbiote is suppose to enhance his powers not mess them up.
it was on his bike, it didn't have control over him yet, im just saying maby the symbiote distracted his spidey sense. He dodged goblins glider at the end of the first film, he dodged the car in the second, but he couldn't sense something coming at him a mile away which was weird for me but In SM2 you see him do that back flip but he kida turned his head and then did. Pretty much it's harder for him to concentrate when he's on his riding his bike

Last edited:
Pretty much it's harder for him to concentrate when he's on his riding his bike

I thought that we just covered that his spider-sense warned him about the car in the second while on his bike?

I like Greg Weisman's take on it:

wasn't the sense acting as a precog device something that was established from the offset in the comics?? As I recall, Peter was dazed, groggy and barely conscious. He had no clue of where he was or what he was doing, he was just stumbling and his spider-sense kicked in and forced him to jump out of harmsway from a speeding vehicle.

Now, with regards to the movies, obviously we can't have the spider-sense e depicted as going off all the time (the example in the foirst post explains this and the peter/harry scene in sm3 is a great example of this working wonderfully). However, when needed to be shown and with consistency for that matter, the movie makers need to understand that this is a film based on a comic book. There is no loss of integrity with incoporating fantastical elements, particularly if the audience already is aware of the genre and subject matter. Lets see some freaky creative artistry in depicting the spider-sense. Afterall, it's just a movie.

Last edited:
I guess i'll go with greg weisman's take on this but I would like to see it used more often .

Doesn't change the fact Harry should have set it off. And just because Sam was forced to do something doesn't give him a blank check to screw it up.

I do agree. I didn't get the impression that he knew Harry was coming. I'm not saying I agree with Raimi's depiction or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"