The Amazing Spider-Man Is Webb going to simply ignore the Spider-sense?

The shoes aspect one can ignore because it is difficult to show a naked feet spidey and not raise eyebrows

But Webb totally messed up the Spidey sense.He could not understand it at all
He senses him from half a mile but couldnt sense him when he just 2 metres above him in the sewers?Doesnt make sense

Nope, doesn't any make sense. To be fair to Webb, the comics and cartoons are just as inconsistent.

This thread doesn't make any sense, the spider sense is there...

People are making assumptions that Peter knows right off the bat what his Spider-Sense is and what it does. Webb said himself for this Peter they drew a lot from Ultimate Spider-Man and anyone who's read their US-M knows is that there is a learning curve for Peter in acknowledging his Spider Sense and what it does and how to use it

People are making assumptions that Peter knows right off the bat what his Spider-Sense is and what it does. Webb said himself for this Peter they drew a lot from Ultimate Spider-Man and anyone who's read their US-M knows is that there is a learning curve for Peter in acknowledging his Spider Sense and what it does and how to use it

Exactly, and I love that detail!

The shoes aspect one can ignore because it is difficult to show a naked feet spidey and not raise eyebrows

He senses him from half a mile but couldnt sense him when he just 2 metres above him in the sewers?Doesnt make sense

You can't say one thing is fine but the other isn't. Both are not fine and contradicts the comics. And besides, Raimi, while he made the same mistake and had Peter wearing his shoes when he first found out he could climb walls, the Spidey suit itself have thin material for his feet that actually made sense.

This Spider-Man is pretty parkour-oriented so I think the shoes fit pretty well. You can always argue that do they look good, but they do make sense if you don't nitpick it to death

But yet he did sense Lizard miles away, thus he could sense any and all danger surrounding him.

It doesn't make sense, but hey, it doesn't make sense for Peter to be able to cling on surfaces while wearing shoes either, but this is the way Webb had taken his version of Spider-Man.

I don't get it, Peter climbed straight up a wall whilst he was wearing trainers in Spider-Man 1, so it can be assumed that he was able to stick to the wall using his hands alone... so...

Even though he CAN use his feet to stick to surfaces, it's not essential.

So why does it matter if he does the same in Webb's version of Spider-Man?

Hell, his powers working through shoe soles that are under a centimetre thick is more plausible with Webb's Spidey than Raimi's, as Webb's seems to stick to surfaces the same way he does in the comics, some form of bio-magnetism (or something like that)... as opposed to thin bristles which couldn't push through the soles of his shoes at ALL.

It's not as though he's wearing high heels or something, the point from the underside of the shoe and where his foot actually makes contact with the inside of the shoe isn't that big.

IMG_0539.jpg

Except... he did sense him.

Did Spidey carry on moving on the webline once his Spider-Sense went off?

I seem to recall him turning around to see WHY it went off.

But maybe I just saw a different version of the movie. :p

Hell, it could be argued that Spidey got hit enough times in the previous trilogy too when his Spider-Sense should have gone off and helped him out.

If Spidey reacted perfectly and on time to EVERYTHING when his Spider-Sense went off, you'd have a pretty overpowered Spider-Man.

Not to mention short and boring battles with villains.

It's like this in the cartoons, comics, everything.

You can't say one thing is fine but the other isn't. Both are not fine and contradicts the comics. And besides, Raimi, while he made the same mistake and had Peter wearing his shoes when he first found out he could climb walls, the Spidey suit itself have thin material for his feet that actually made sense.

Actually its the opposite
Raimi explained it as thin shards of spikes from his hands and feet due to which he sticks.So he shouldnt be able to stick with those feet regardless of the material being thick or thin

While Webb never really explained the reason for it,it could be biomagnetism? So material doesnt matter

Last edited:
Except... he did sense him.

Did Spidey carry on moving on the webline once his Spider-Sense went off?

I seem to recall him turning around to see WHY it went off.

But maybe I just saw a different version of the movie. :p

We dont hear the sound

Hell, it could be argued that Spidey got hit enough times in the previous trilogy too when his Spider-Sense should have gone off and helped him out.

If Spidey reacted perfectly and on time to EVERYTHING when his Spider-Sense went off, you'd have a pretty overpowered Spider-Man.

Not to mention short and boring battles with villains.

It's like this in the cartoons, comics, everything.

He senses them but its upto him to react.Like the Spidey movie games.You get the signal but you need to be quick enough to press a button to dodge

Raimi showcased it well imo,on occasions he dodges and some occasions he's not quick enough.Like he could dodge the spikey things in the burning building in SM1 but wasnt able to in SM3 because they were coming from behind.I agree that some degree of difference need to be there for scripts sake

But its too much to show him dodging bullets at point blank and sensing a Lizard from a mile away and yet not sense him just directly above him

He senses them but its upto him to react.

Exactly. He'll only dodge when it's convenient to the plot.

Raimi showcased it well imo,on occasions he dodges and some occasions he's not quick enough.Like he could dodge the spikey things in the burning building in SM1 but wasnt able to in SM3 because they were coming from behind.I agree that some degree of difference need to be there for scripts sake

Raimi also had Spidey get his ass kicked in the final battle in Spider-Man 1, what happened there? He got punched and kicked enough times, did Raimi ignore the Spider-Sense too?

Okay, maybe he was tired there... what about when he's hanging on to the webline after he lets the tram carrying the kids/MJ down, why did he let the Green Goblin throw his lasso thing around him?

See what I mean about how it'll work to his advantage when it's convenient? Say he let go of his webline, dodging the lasso, after that he shoots out another webline at the Goblin's glider or something, trying to ground him, the whole altercation in the burned down building at the end wouldn't have happened, would it?

The beginning of this clip is what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euJvz0shUlo
But its too much to show him dodging bullets at point blank and sensing a Lizard from a mile away and yet not sense him just directly above him

Again, he does sense him. The sound cue is there. Once it goes off, he turns his head.

Raimi also had Spidey get his ass kicked in the final battle in Spider-Man 1, what happened there? He got punched and kicked enough times, did Raimi ignore the Spider-Sense too?
Okay, maybe he was tired there... what about when he's hanging on to the webline after he lets the tram carrying the kids/MJ down, why did he let the Green Goblin throw his lasso thing around him?
He was too tired in both cases
As I said its upto him to dodge
You will get the idea if you have played SM2 or SM3(Movie games)
It usually happens in the game aswell.Initially you can dodge easy but when lots of thugs come at you,you find it hard to dodge continuously and start getting hit pretty bad

Thats a way to explain it
Its actually done for the script as you said
The beginning of this clip is what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euJvz0shUlo

Again, he does sense him. The sound cue is there. Once it goes off, he turns his head.
Yeah it fine then.He is too surprised to act.He probably didnt expect that

Why do you mean one can't accept one thing and not the other? Both are not fine TO YOU. He was OK with the shoes but didn't like the spider sense. Doesn't sound strange at all to me.

I don't get it, Peter climbed straight up a wall whilst he was wearing trainers in Spider-Man 1, so it can be assumed that he was able to stick to the wall using his hands alone... so...

Even though he CAN use his feet to stick to surfaces, it's not essential.

So why does it matter if he does the same in Webb's version of Spider-Man?

Hell, his powers working through shoe soles that are under a centimetre thick is more plausible with Webb's Spidey than Raimi's, as Webb's seems to stick to surfaces the same way he does in the comics, some form of bio-magnetism (or something like that)... as opposed to thin bristles which couldn't push through the soles of his shoes at ALL.

It's not as though he's wearing high heels or something, the point from the underside of the shoe and where his foot actually makes contact with the inside of the shoe isn't that big.

IMG_0539.jpg

Both Webb and Raimi made the mistake of him sticking to walls with his shoes on, and Webb made more of the same mistake by even giving Spider-Man shoes. Yah, it's not like Peter's wearing heels, lol, but it is something that really bugs me. I remember in TSSM when Vulture takes Norman Osborn and the first thing Peter does when he doesn't have his suit is take off his shoes. The shoes is a reason Peter shouldn't be able to cling on surfaces with his feet, even if you want to bring up some fancy soles or what have you. I just don't like the idea.

Actually its the opposite
Raimi explained it as thin shards of spikes from his hands and feet due to which he sticks.So he shouldnt be able to stick with those feet regardless of the material being thick or thin

While Webb never really explained the reason for it,it could be biomagnetism? So material doesnt matter

Those hairs on Peter's fingers and toes cause an atomic static cling, so the idea of him being able to cling unto surfaces still works to the same degree(mentioned on Spider-Man Tech).

Why do you mean one can't accept one thing and not the other? Both are not fine TO YOU. He was OK with the shoes but didn't like the spider sense. Doesn't sound strange at all to me.

I say this when Spiderdevil's reasoning for ignoring the shoes is this:

That's it. Not really a good reason to ignore the fact that Peter shouldn't be able to cling to surfaces in shoes, imo.

Both Webb and Raimi made the mistake of him sticking to walls with his shoes on, and Webb made more of the same mistake by even giving Spider-Man shoes. Yah, it's not like Peter's wearing heels, lol, but it is something that really bugs me. I remember in TSSM when Vulture takes Norman Osborn and the first thing Peter does when he doesn't have his suit is take off his shoes. The shoes is a reason Peter shouldn't be able to cling on surfaces with his feet, even if you want to bring up some fancy soles or what have you. I just don't like the idea.

But he's not going to run around in what are essentially socks.

Raimi's suit had shoes as well, the bottoms of the shoes had soles.

Peter's powers may be weaker in his feet perhaps because of the fact that he's wearing shoes, but I doubt that less than one centimetre of rubber renders him completely unable to stick to a surface using his feet.

But he's not going to run around in what are essentially socks.

Raimi's suit had shoes as well, the bottoms of the shoes had soles.

Peter's powers may be weaker in his feet perhaps because of the fact that he's wearing shoes, but I doubt that less than one centimetre of rubber renders him completely unable to stick to a surface using his feet.

Raimi had what looked like very thin material, even possibly thinner than shoes.

Although, I do like the idea that Peter's powers are weaker in his feet while wearing shoes.

Well Raimi's Spidey did use his feet to cling to the train when he was about to fall off. I don't buy the biomagnetic sticking theory... that's not how a real spider does it right?

I loved how in the first movie Pete really got bloodied in the hands of Goblin, he was younger, less experienced, and even when he saw some fists coming at him he couldn't really do anything about it in time and the ramped-up slow-mo shots doubled as the spider-sense kicking in while he's being kicked in. :oldrazz:

But if he's got spidey-sense he'd know about it from the first time he experiences it. It'd be something completely different and new, instead of y'know, getting some hot flashes or whatever.

Those hairs on Peter's fingers and toes cause an atomic static cling, so the idea of him being able to cling unto surfaces still works to the same degree(mentioned on Spider-Man Tech)

You are missing a point
We havent got an explanation for the reason of his wall crawling ability

Maybe its bio-magnetism?
A magnet continues to stick on surfaces even if you cover it with a cloth

And how should it work to some degree? The strads wont pierce through the material anyway,even if it was thin

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"