The Avengers Spidey in the Avengers?

Go Rock Sexton!

You can do it.

You can quell this rumour on every thread on SHH. And just think after you finish here then there's the whole internet waiting for you with millions of people who need you to save them from this dastardly rumour!

:whatever::whatever::whatever:

Go Rock Sexton!

You can do it.

You can quell this rumour on every thread on SHH. And just think after you finish here then there's the whole internet waiting for you with millions of people who need you to save them from this dastardly rumour!

:whatever::whatever::whatever:

...... and you can run around to every forum defending nonsensical fan boy wet dreams! :awesome:

Wait, the same Rock dude who thinks Spider-Man is gonna go up against Batman with no fear at all in the studio?

The same Rock who believes Spider-Man is lagging in marketing in comparison? Whereas it (especially now) has the MOST marketing out of every property? The one who believes polls on websites for most looked forward to movies is a wide film studio cover-up?

Um... I'd rather align with an Arkham asylum escapee.

Last edited:
Wait, the same Rock dude who thinks Spider-Man is gonna go up against Batman with no fear at all in the studio?

The same Rock who believes Spider-Man is lagging in marketing in comparison? Whereas it (especially now) has the MOST marketing out of every property? The one who believes polls on websites for most looked forward to movies is a wide film studio cover-up?

Um... I'd rather align with an Arkham asylum escapee.

Are you on the pot again? I'm gonna need a translator for this absolutely cryptic post.

See, you are hilarious dude. All talk, nothing to back it up. Just thought I'd remind people of your other "beliefs."

Want people to take you seriously, actually back up things you say.

For example, Amazing Spider-Man is already all over stores. Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, etc. aren't.

... yet it has the "least marketing campaign" according to you... um, what?

See, you are hilarious dude. All talk, nothing to back it up. Just thought I'd remind people of your other "beliefs."

Want people to take you seriously, actually back up things you say.

For example, Amazing Spider-Man is already all over stores. Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, etc. aren't.

... yet it has the "least marketing campaign" according to you... um, what?

Seriously, that is some wacky ish you are smoking.

TASM's media marketing blitz hasn't even begun. Where are all the commercials? Oh wait .....

Commercials? Where are all the ones for any other superhero property or big summer movie?

Jeez, you are slow dude.

Your earlier point was it's behind Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, and other summer movies due to lack of marketing. That would infer that the others have more marketing. In which anyone who hasn't lived under a rock and everyone on this site knows that's the furthest thing from the truth. It has just as much widely seen trailers now or shown footage PLUS it's the only summer movie everywhere in stores already.

But, go on with your "beliefs" with nothing to back it up. It entertains me. :awesome:

Commercials? Where are all the ones for any other superhero property or big summer movie?

Jeez, you are slow dude.

Your earlier point was it's behind Avengers, Dark Knight Rises, and other summer movies due to lack of marketing. That would infer that the others have more marketing. In which anyone who hasn't lived under a rock and everyone on this site knows that's the furthest thing from the truth.

But, go on with your "beliefs" with nothing to back it up. It entertains me. :awesome:

I haven't inferred anything about those other movies. It was a pretty black and white statement that TASM hasn't started their media blitz. You've attempted to create this "Spiderman is lagging" and needs the exposure by appearing in the Avengers concept based on early internet numbers. Don't come talking to me about "backing" up statements.

But you're also the same guy who thinks $890 million worldwide from the last one is "struggling". LOL.

Last edited:
1) As everyone has told you before Spider-Man 2 led into Spider-Man 3's box office, SM2 was seen as one of the best superhero movies of its time - of course SM3 would rake in numbers. Most who saw it in general audiences hated it. And as everyone who writes about box office has said Batman Begins didn't do as well as it could have due to Batman & Robin. You really think Spider-Man will be any different? Seriously? And if you say "most widely spread" - that did nothing for Superman Returns who is more of a cultural icon.

2) Yeah, movie polls the world over which always have it in SEVENTH or EIGHTH place. Not to mention word spreading around about two camps. One camp is hesitant to see it because it is a remake. The other is hesitant because of the failings of Spider-Man 3. Only someone dull witted would think this is a good sign. As anyone can see - I'm a Spider-Man fan, but I'm looking at things realistically. This film has more going against it rather than for it. It has to earn back any lost hope people have.

You're living in the past dude. If this movie was YEARS after SM2? Yeah, it would be a different story. But SM3? Has really left a bad stain on the franchise. The same that Batman & Robin had. And I'll even say - I think Man of Steel will face this as well due to Superman Returns.

1) As everyone has told you before Spider-Man 2 led into Spider-Man 3's box office, SM2 was seen as one of the best superhero movies of its time - of course SM3 would rake in numbers. Most who saw it in general audiences hated it. And as everyone who writes about box office has said Batman Begins didn't do as well as it could have due to Batman & Robin. You really think Spider-Man will be any different? Seriously?

It's the Spiderman franchise. People will go see it regardless. How it gets out of the first weekend is another matter.

2) Yeah, movie polls the world over which always have it in SEVENTH or EIGHTH place. Not to mention word spreading around about two camps. One camp is hesitant to see it because it is a remake. The other is hesitant because of the failings of Spider-Man 3. Only someone dull witted would think this is a good sign.

Only someone dull witted would start grave digging at this juncture when the movie hasn't even really started advertising to the masses.

You're living in the past dude. If this movie was YEARS after SM2? Yeah, it would be a different story. But SM3? Has really left a bad stain on the franchise. The same that Batman & Robin had. And I'll even say - I think Man of Steel will face this as well due to Superman Returns.

.... and you're living in fantasy land persisting with this Spiderman in the Avengers slop.

1) The same assumptions were made about Superman due to being a cultural icon. The same assumptions were made about Batman due to all the apparent hype and what it had going for it, but it got hurt by Batman & Robin nonetheless - Iron Man even beat it in his FIRST film!

2) So you're saying the younger generations, who typically vote on polls, and the box office relying on most seeing it as one of the least anticipated films is a good thing? Plus most people reporting a bad reception to the friends they tell is a good thing? That's kinda funny.

3) "Fantasy" - are you this slow dude? I never said yes or no, I keep saying it's on the table. Both could theoretically gain from it. Everyone knows box office will go - TDK, Avengers, Spider-Man in terms of superhero films. Thus, SONY could get extra points. And dude, I know no concrete answer like you know no concrete answer - and YOU are the only one saying concrete "yes" or "no." You thinking concretely is a fantasy. You have yet to use one thing in the PRESENT to back up your claims.

Hasn't started marketing? The logo in London, New York, and other cities. The sneak peek coming soon and don't say that major sites won't report that because they will. The rumored trailer on the 9th. The marketing is bigger than the marketing for the Hunger Games which comes out in March.

Hasn't started marketing? The logo in London, New York, and other cities. The sneak peek coming soon and don't say that major sites won't report that because they will. The rumored trailer on the 9th. The marketing is bigger than the marketing for the Hunger Games which comes out in March.

It's early phase stuff. Once the trailer hits and the commercials start, that's when you're in the stretch run. Then you can get some real feedback #'s from people who don't happen to run by billboards everyday.

Exactly!

Not to mention Spider-Man is in EVERY store ranging from Easter baskets to tie-in food to bath toys. Spider-Man's marketing blitz has already started merchandise-wise, has as much footage as everything else, and even appeared on New Years. SONY is pulling any strings it can right now as early as it can - while the rest are calmly relaxing to pull the marketing trigger. Another sign of SONY's way of thinking currently.

It's early phase stuff. Once the trailer hits and the commercials start, that's when you're in the stretch run. Then you can get some real feedback #'s from people who don't happen to run by billboards everyday.

Avengers has this? The Dark Knight Rises has this? Most other summer movies HAS this? Men in Black has this? I don't think so.

Why are you acting like every summer movie has more marketing going on for it right now? It has the most.

1) The same assumptions were made about Superman due to being a cultural icon. The same assumptions were made about Batman due to all the apparent hype and what it had going for it, but it got hurt by Batman & Robin nonetheless - Iron Man even beat it in his FIRST film!

2) So you're saying the younger generations, who typically vote on polls, and the box office relying on most seeing it as one of the least anticipated films is a good thing? Plus most people reporting a bad reception to the friends they tell is a good thing? That's kinda funny.

3) "Fantasy" - are you this slow dude? I never said yes or no, I keep saying it's on the table. Both could theoretically gain from it. Everyone knows box office will go - TDK, Avengers, Spider-Man in terms of superhero films. Thus, SONY could get extra points. And dude, I know no concrete answer like you know no concrete answer - and YOU are the only one saying concrete "yes" or "no." You thinking concretely is a fantasy. You have yet to use one thing in the PRESENT to back up your claims.

I've presented plenty. You just refuse to accept logic because of your rabid case of fanboyism. Trying to convince me that Sony would lend it's flagship property to it's main competitor in the 2012 CBM season ..... give me a freaking break. I sure hope to God you don't ever run a business.

Avengers has this? The Dark Knight Rises has this? Most other summer movies HAS this? Men in Black has this? I don't think so.

Why are you acting like every summer movie has more marketing going on for it right now? It has the most.

I didn't say any of those have them yet you shmuck. I only said Spiderman hasn't started theirs yet.

Dude, I could care less if he's in it or not. A rabid fanboy? Would not be presenting reasons for why I'm afraid it will fail at box office. Dude, stop living in the past.

"We haven't seen it's feedback yet - marketing for every film is more, yada yada yada."

WAKE UP!!!

Spider-Man has more marketing than John Carter for crying out loud and that movie comes out at the end of March!

The Dark Knight Rises or Avengers isn't even in stores yet! And the Avengers comes out FIRST!

Spider-Man is already in stores EVERYWHERE. It has the most marketing. To me getting this early of a start does not equate to a company being confident about it. If they were confident? Marketing would have started much later like EVERY other summer property.

I didn't say any of those have them yet you shmuck. I only said Spiderman hasn't started theirs yet.

God you're dumb. So we can see the feedback going strong for every summer movie already without all this yet we can't see Spideys? Spider-Man is LAGGING with all this. When the other movies START? It's going to fall further behind those! Because right now? Most marketed summer movie IS Spider-Man and it's STILL behind everything. That's good news??? Is your life stuck on opposite day?

Movies with little to no marketing are catching MORE word than a film with the MOST marketing? That speaks volumes.

Last edited:
A Spider-man cameo will not make people want to see the Avengers. If they want to see the cameo and not the movie they'll just look it up on Youtube. But if people who are on the edge of seeing the reboot and go to the Avengers and see the cameo might be swayed to see the reboot. I don't see how a cameo would be bad for Sony. It's not like it's at the same weekend. Hell Avengers might only be in dollar theatres by the time Spidey is released. If that.

Dude, I could care less if he's in it or not. A rabid fanboy? Would not be presenting reasons for why I'm afraid it will fail at box office. Dude, stop living in the past.

"We haven't seen it's feedback yet - marketing for every film is more, yada yada yada."

WAKE UP!!!

Spider-Man has more marketing than John Carter for crying out loud and that movie comes out at the end of March!

The Dark Knight Rises or Avengers isn't even in stores yet! And the Avengers comes out FIRST!

Spider-Man is already in stores EVERYWHERE. It has the most marketing. To me getting this early of a start does not equate to a company being confident about it. If they were confident? Marketing would have started much later like EVERY other summer property.

You're a rabid fanboy for even defending the idea that the Spiderman cameo could be real.

Spiderman has always had merchandise in the stores. LOL. Still no commercials yet. BTW did you miss the posts about all the Avengers toys?

God you're dumb. So we can see the feedback going strong for every summer movie already without all this yet we can't see Spideys? Spider-Man is LAGGING with all this. When the other movies START? It's going to fall further behind those! Because right now? Most marketed summer movie IS Spider-Man.

Feedback from people who slave over the internet. The average movie patron hasn't seen any commercials with actual footage yet for TASM let alone the official trailer release. How can they possibly judge what they haven't even been exposed to yet?

To me a rabid fanboy is someone who thinks this will be in the top four summer box office. I'm HOPING it will be five at least. I'm excited for it. But, READY for it to do just decent for a return from a weak ending last time.

MOVIE merchandise. Are you slow? You're really making me question your intelligence even more now. Alright, the Avengers finally started? Spidey started a MONTH ago. Yet Spidey still has more - you don't see Avengers showing its special footage around the world.

Box office on these movies revolve more around young demographics which the internet shows. This is a common known fact that the young (teenage-college) is KEY in the industry. Take this from someone who WORKS in the industry. This is all 101 material. Kids are crucial too - that's why Happy Feet beat James Bond. But on these kind of movies? Big tent poles? It's the ages I listed. This is taught on the first day.

To me a rabid fanboy is someone who thinks this will be in the top four summer box office. I'm HOPING it will be five at least. I'm excited for it. But, READY for it to do just decent for a return from a weak ending last time.

MOVIE merchandise. Are you slow? You're really making me question your intelligence even more now. Alright, the Avengers finally started? Spidey started a MONTH ago.

Box office on these movies revolve more around young demographics which the internet shows. This is a common known fact that the young (teenage-college) is KEY in the industry. Take this from someone who WORKS in the industry. This is all 101 material.

Please show me the official release dates of the Avengers toy line and the TASM toy line Mr. Industry Insider and then a detailed analysis of how that could give anyone the idea of what to expect out of the NEW Spiderman reboot. Do they include footage in the toys?

Uh if were talking about footage then Spider-man has more. By 30 seconds. :woot: But more is more.

Dude, I'm more in tune with DC properties. You ask me for those details? I could probably find some way to get those EASILY. What do you do for a living again? Sorry, just your sarcasm made me ask that. I should say I'm only early twenties and already "in" the industry.

Are you slow Rock? Seriously. Footage in toys? Are you mental? It feels like I'm talking to a ten year old. Footage is being shown around the world in theaters. Really? Come on now, I had high hopes that you could be somewhat smart now I'm just... wow...

It's everything COMBINED that shows Spider-Man lagging.
- I have yet to hear more positive responses when people are told about it.
- I have yet to see any internet poll rank it in the top six.
- I have yet to see all the marketing/merchandise make a dent in negative response.

Uh if were talking about footage then Spider-man has more. By 30 seconds. :woot: But more is more.

Remember the theater events dude. :cwink:

Unless you mean 30 seconds more than Batman's IMAX footage shown?

Dude, I'm more in tune with DC properties. You ask me for those details? I could probably find some way to get those EASILY. What do you do for a living again? Sorry, just your sarcasm made me ask that. I should say I'm only early twenties and already "in" the industry.

Go get them Mr. Insider ....

Are you slow Rock? Seriously. Footage in toys? Are you mental? It feels like I'm talking to a ten year old. Footage is being shown around the world in theaters. Really? Come on now, I had hopes that you could be somewhat smart now I'm just... wow...

I was mocking you and your insistence that a bunch of children's toys is a way to legitimately decide the fate of a movie and what people are going to be thinking about it.

It's everything COMBINED that shows Spider-Man lagging.
- I have yet to hear more positive responses when people are told about it.
- I have yet to see any internet poll rank it in the top six.
- I have yet to see all the marketing/merchandise make a dent in negative response.

..... and you have yet to see actual footage aside from a teaser trailer of 1st person view of Spidey swinging around. But seriously it's amazing how much you can deduce without it. Special talent you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"