• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spielberg to Direct Autobiographical Childhood Film

Honestly, if Williams wanted to completely retire, a one-two punch of Ford's last Indiana Jones movie and a Spielberg autobiopic is a great note for him to go out on. I'm just glad Rise of Skywalker won't be his last score because that one was all over the place and it was no fault of his either.

I did like his score for TROS though! Williams has been the one consistent thing about all the star wars trilogies.

I did like his score for TROS though! Williams has been the one consistent thing about all the star wars trilogies.
There's nothing wrong with the score itself, a lot of it is just mismatched to what's happening on the screen, like Yoda's theme playing when Chewie gets his medal.

This is a Spielberg film im really curious about.
Could be wonderfull. Didnt care for West Side Story. But this kind of projects are Just more interesting.

I haven’t liked the most recent offerings from Spielberg ( Ready Player One, West Side Story), so I have no idea what to expect from this. I think Munich was the last movie I’ve enjoyed.

Jaws is the only great film of his to me. I could loose all of the rest and be fine.

anne-hathaway-oh-well.gif

Collect all the Spielberg films that you own, package them in a box. I will pay you 10x more their worth, and then donate the same amount to ANY charity site of your choice, after I make a nice fire with all of em.

Eh, this is by far the most intrigued I've been about a Spielberg flick in quite some time. Lincoln and War Horse are a great cure for Insomnia.

I love Spielberg but I agree with you about Lincoln. It's brilliantly acted and directed but...woof.

tumblr_my3cx0rD2Y1s30dodo1_400.gifv

The Rewatchables put it perfectly, Lincoln was DDL making a There Will Be Blood level of a film and everyone else were simply making a "by-the-numbers" basic bio-historical-pic [I don't remember which film they used as a reference].

What a great poster!

I assume we’ll have to wait for the reviews to come out first before they release a trailer so they can add pull quotes like, “Wondrous!”, “Spellbound!”, “Miraculous!” to it for those on the fence lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"