Splinter Cell: ConViction

I just played through the co-op campaign on realistic in like, 4 hours... that ending... OoOOh My GoDd!! Did anyone else finish it?

I went from cover to cover on the ground floor, and I saw my buddy hop over a railing and hide. I popped out of cover and shot him in the chest 5 times lol. :up:

Sooo cool.

That final part was Awesome.:woot:

I still need to drag my brother along for the CO-OP ride. I'm seriously considering just playing the rest online with someone else.

I have currently made it my mission, too, to finish a map on Hunter mode in Realistic without being detected.

It's not an easy task.

I still need to drag my brother along for the CO-OP ride. I'm seriously considering just playing the rest online with someone else.

I have currently made it my mission, too, to finish a map on Hunter mode in Realistic without being detected.

It's not an easy task.

Dude, send me a message next time im on. Ill play w/ ya.

I rented the game from the redbox. Gotta say, I don't think I've been this disappointed in a game like this before. I was all exicted for the old version of the game, as the hobo hiding in crowds, going into stories and flipping over tables, that we saw in previews. This game, just feels like that crappy repackage version of the Borne game, from two years ago.

I want my Splinter Cell back. Not this.

Like the Bourne game?

I only played the demo of the Bourne Conspriacy, but I remember QTEs and alot of trial and error.

I wasn't very excited about the old version, to be honest. It seemed like a great idea, but very dangerous with how I thought fans reacted to Double Agent. It's so strange looking at the Game Informer feature now, and how much time they spent on simply picking up a ****ing chair and hitting someone with it.

Btw, I'm a little more than half way done with the third novel, Splinter Cell: Checkmate, and gotta say it's a much better Splinter Cell book than the first two. Just feels more authentic. Like the writer (which is a different one than the previous two) actually played the games. He calls Irving, "Lambert" now, rather than "Colonel", he calls Grimsdottier "Grim" (which alone was a massive step up from him calling her Anna in the previous one).

But, I also noticed that someone at Ubisoft must have read the novel too because of something Archer says during Deniable Ops/CO-OP play. In the novel, Sam often gives real-time updates to Lambert during the mission to make the paperwork easier, so when he quietly kills a guard without any alerts...he says "Sleeper; Clean" which means lethal force was used, and there were no complications. "Napper; Clean" would mean non-lethal force was used, and there were no complications.

Just got a nice kick out of it when I noticed Archer using the same code term when killing an enemy in the shadows.

I rented the game from the redbox. Gotta say, I don't think I've been this disappointed in a game like this before. I was all exicted for the old version of the game, as the hobo hiding in crowds, going into stories and flipping over tables, that we saw in previews. This game, just feels like that crappy repackage version of the Borne game, from two years ago.

I want my Splinter Cell back. Not this.

I still have Chaos Theory for when I want to throw rocks and move bodies, this game is awesome for what it is: Sam with a vendetta. :huh:

I still have Chaos Theory for when I want to throw rocks and move bodies, this game is awesome for what it is: Sam with a vendetta. :huh:
Man Chaos Theory was just the perfect game. Ubisoft fixed all the problems the other games had, added a knife, and had wonderful graphics. Which reminds me, the time I was playing Conviction I couldn't help but wonder why the graphics are someone worse than Chaos theory and DA. Is it because they had to rush to complete the game from scratch?

Man Chaos Theory was just the perfect game. Ubisoft fixed all the problems the other games had, added a knife, and had wonderful graphics. Which reminds me, the time I was playing Conviction I couldn't help but wonder why the graphics are someone worse than Chaos theory and DA. Is it because they had to rush to complete the game from scratch?

I dont think the visuals are worse than CT, they deff aren't the best this gen has seen, but they aren't xbox quality.

I agree in that CT was the perfect SC game. I really enjoyed SC:C but do hope we get to see that classic CT gameplay back at some point, or at least some form of it. To get that, Sam would have to go back to work for TE or another similar organization and im not sure i see that happening.

Yeah...I don't know, there might be something wrong with your tv when Chaos Theory's graphics look better than Double Agent's or Conviction's.

We could debate a couple things that are still on the table, but two of those things that are hands down better in this than previous Splinter Cell games are the graphics, and the story. Everything else is up for debate, but not those two.

Btw...upcoming DLC coming on May 27th, called the Insurgency Pack.

Last edited:
http://kotaku.com/5541236/splinter-cell-conviction-gets-deniable-ops-insurgency-on-may-27

Ubisoft is giving Splinter Cell Conviction a surge of fresh Deniable Ops, pricing and dating the Xbox 360 and PC game's first batch of downloadable content for next week.

For 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99, Splinter Cell Conviction fans will get four new maps for their troubles set in locales ranging "from the docks of San Francisco to a New Orleans cemetery, a prison in Portland to a hidden research complex in Salt Lake City." It's like a mini-vacation!

The "Insurgency Pack" will sneak up on you May 27, bringing a flurry of new Achievements with it. A cool 250 points worth!

Sweet. Ill prob pick that up once i move on from Red Dead Redemption....which could be a while.

Pfft, I won't be able to get into Red Dead Redemption until my brother gets tired of it...which could take more than a while. The game looks pretty immersive.

I still can't tell for sure, but I read that the DLC would add missions to the CO-OP story for Archer and Kestrel. Again, don't know if it's true since I'm not reading it everywhere.

But, that would be pretty badass. It'd be worth it just to be able to use "enhanced" interrogation in the enviroment some more.

I got this and basically did everything outside of the Last Man Standing Achievements for Rookie, Normal and Realistic.

Me and a friend tried doing this together in co-op and we both got the s't kicked out of us.

I guess I'm going to have to settle for 43 out of 45.

^Dude try it on wave 15 and go from there that's what me and my friend did and it worked.

A sixth game is coming.
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/109/1092579p1.html

I rented and played through some of Conviction a couple weeks ago. Gotta say, I was not impressed. I found to be kinda boring honestly. And the game doesn't feel like Splinter Cell. I understand why they wanted to change things up, but I think they changed too much from what made Splinter Cell good in the first place. I didn't even bother finishing the game. Heck, I'd take Double Agent over this.

Im kind of torn, i loved Conviction, but i do miss the old style of gameplay. I deff dont want to go back to the gameplay of Chaos Theory completely, but at the same time, id like some more elements from that to come back(more methodical approach to situations, hiding bodies etc)

A sixth game is coming.

I rented and played through some of Conviction a couple weeks ago. Gotta say, I was not impressed. I found to be kinda boring honestly. And the game doesn't feel like Splinter Cell. I understand why they wanted to change things up, but I think they changed too much from what made Splinter Cell good in the first place. I didn't even bother finishing the game. Heck, I'd take Double Agent over this.

Maybe the next game will be better.:woot:

^Dude try it on wave 15 and go from there that's what me and my friend did and it worked.

Yeah, plus when you die it restarts you on the wave you died on. Some maps me and my partner committed suicide to refill our gadgets. :word:

Last Man Standing was a b**ch though, we got it in 1 try on Russian Embassy but there were sooo many close calls.

Anyhoos I bought the map pack, they're pretty good. 3 zones each, 12 enemies each zone. Interesting achievements too lol easy to get though, not sure if it was worth $10 but they're my favourite deniable ops maps now. Gonna go through them on the weekend with my buddy.

^Yeah last stand was tough. I'm getting ready to download the map pack right now.

A sixth game is coming.

There was a time I thought we would never see Conviction so talk of the next game is good to hear.

I'll download the map pack as soon as i put down Redemption, which i thought would of been by now but i cant get enough of that game.

Amazon has this game for 25? Is it worth d purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"