Splinter Cell: ConViction

They changed the game since the originals, but I think they kept the spirit of the game and if you're a fan of the series, you'll like this game. Especially the co-op missions. Although, doing the executions kinds makes the game easy. Best to play this on realistic.

Yea I played the first one on the 360 and it was one of my fav games...

Amazon has this game for 25? Is it worth d purchase?

Ask yourself this, are you a fan of the Jason Bourne/James Bond style action? If so, grab this game. If you are looking for the hard core stealth of past SC titles, this might disappoint you as the game has evolved more into a stealth action title.

There is a lot to do tho. Besides the single player story, you have a GREAT co-op campaign that is a prequel to the story mode. Plus ya have the Deniable ops modes. 25 is a great deal for this game.

Yes arrived just in time for the weekend! lol

Yeah, I've really enjoyed it. I've still got alot to do with it. The Insurgency DLC pack is still on my list of DLC's to buy.

SO ...... As Conviction rides off into the sunset I'm interested to know if anyone has any final thoughts and feelings looking back on the saga that unfolded getting this game into homes.

I think most will agree it was much better than we feared but less than we dreamed of .... When I finished it I was pleased and felt a sense of relief. I love Sam and the Splinter Cell universe and there were times I didn't think this game would make it ... Its success has ensured that a sixth game is on the way and that alone will mean I will always be fond of Conviction.

Where does Sam go from here? ... Can true stealth return? Or were the changes needed and should they stay?

SO ...... As Conviction rides off into the sunset I'm interested to know if anyone has any final thoughts and feelings looking back on the saga that unfolded getting this game into homes.

I think most will agree it was much better than we feared but less than we dreamed of .... When I finished it I was pleased and felt a sense of relief. I love Sam and the Splinter Cell universe and there were times I didn't think this game would make it ... Its success has ensured that a sixth game is on the way and that alone will mean I will always be fond of Conviction.

Where does Sam go from here? ... Can true stealth return? Or were the changes needed and should they stay?

I really enjoyed Conviction, but after the dust settled, i realized how badly i missed the classic stealth gameplay from the previous games. I doubt they'll go back that route tho.

They took a stealth series and turned it into a third person shooter. And a mediocre one at that. Gone is the replayability, the interesting gadgets, any hint of plausibility. Hopefully this series is over, because they'd never make it true to it's roots again anyway.

They took a stealth series and turned it into a third person shooter. And a mediocre one at that. Gone is the replayability, the interesting gadgets, any hint of plausibility. Hopefully this series is over, because they'd never make it true to it's roots again anyway.

You dont have to engage in gun fire tho, most of the levels, if not all, you can completely ghost, so you're wrong about them turning it into a 3rd person shooter. Theres just as much replayablity in this one as there was in the previous games if not more so and sorry to let you down, but there will be other games. Ubisoft has already confirmed there will be a 6th Splinter Cell. But, you could always just not buy the game when it comes out.

I really liked it, my only gripe is it should have been longer. I know people were saying "well, you have to factor in the online" yeah... well I don't. I never buy games based on the online modes. Don't get me wrong, I really like playing online... but I only play one or two games online at a time... no more, Conviction was never a game I had intentions going online with.

I really liked it, my only gripe is it should have been longer. I know people were saying "well, you have to factor in the online" yeah... well I don't. I never buy games based on the online modes. Don't get me wrong, I really like playing online... but I only play one or two games online at a time... no more, Conviction was never a game I had intentions going online with.

Did you play the co-op? That was just as fun as the single player. Really cool twist at the end as well.

I liked the co-op, although I hate split screen. :down

It was a lot of fun, especially with a friend on opposite sides of the room taking out multiple people. :up:

It was a lot of fun, especially with a friend on opposite sides of the room taking out multiple people. :up:

Yea coordinating with a friend to take down multiple enemies without being spotted was a lot of fun. My friend and I would pull off some bad ass moves together. I'd take out a guard and just as another enemy spotted me my buddy was taking him out. Cool stuff.

I'm like you .... I buy games for solo story mode, I guess its just an echo from all the years I played consoles that were not wired to anything except the TV!

It did feel very short but imo was saved by the Deniable Ops Hunter mode. I've had HOURS of fun with that, improving my skills and completing it on the highest difficulty.
In many ways D-Ops saved Conviction from felling very hollow as a package.

Ai is very stupid. Can no longer whistle and are no longer required to hide bodies. Checkpoint system too frequent. Crap plastered on the wall every 5 seconds telling you what to do and where to go. Practically 0% risk or reward. As prevously suspected Mark & Execute might as well be a cheat typed into the console. Not only can you use it near constantly, it can also shoot magically through walls instantly killing targets. In the 4 hours iv been playing it on the hardest difficulty, I died once. Visuals and music are about the only decent thing in this game. As with most games, as they become more mainstream, they become easier and simplified. It actually might as well as classed as an adventure game as it's far too easy to the point that you are just navigating environments to get fed narrative. Like Metal Gear Solid you could probably just save money and jump on youtube. A new low point.

Ai is very stupid. Can no longer whistle and are no longer required to hide bodies. Checkpoint system too frequent. Crap plastered on the wall every 5 seconds telling you what to do and where to go. Practically 0% risk or reward. As prevously suspected Mark & Execute might as well be a cheat typed into the console. Not only can you use it near constantly, it can also shoot magically through walls instantly killing targets. In the 4 hours iv been playing it on the hardest difficulty, I died once. Visuals and music are about the only decent thing in this game. As with most games, as they become more mainstream, they become easier and simplified. It actually might as well as classed as an adventure game as it's far too easy to the point that you are just navigating environments to get fed narrative. Like Metal Gear Solid you could probably just save money and jump on youtube. A new low point.

Day late, dollar short.

Last edited:
i love people complaining about how easy the game is when they exploit all of its features lmfao. YOu think the game is too easy? Try going through it using hand to hand exclusively.

Or try doing some of those last man standing achievements. :cmad:

YOu think the game is too easy? Try going through it using hand to hand exclusively.

Actually, That's basically what i was doing in an attempt to make the game not a shoot-em-up. Even then, I just sit by a wall, the AI walks up, bang the C key, and he's down. Rinse and repeat. With the Mark And Execute, I technically just have to have them near me, and... nothing else. Games piddle. Glad I held off for the bargain bin.

I just picked up Conviction at Best Buy this weekend on sale for $10. I'm hoping to start this week and finally check it out.

I think it's important...very very important, that they made a quality game and that it got done, and shipped. ConViction could have easily became another game that would have become an industry joke with, "is it ever going to come out?"

They listened to fans, too. They axed the gameplay they were originally going to use completely. They way it's been described by some writers, they basically went through all the pre-production, game building and testing and pretty much made a game that probably would have been retail ready in less than a year.

But, they scrapped that and got ALOT closer to the classic Splinter Cell gameplay. They even went back to Sam's classic spiky hair.

I think they've demonstrated the ability to actually hear the critiques and adjust. I think we will probably get a hybrid of the Conviction gameplay with the classic Splinter Cell.

Mark and Execute will stay. "Last Known Position" will stay, I think. The in game, on surroundings, text will stay too I'd bet.

Splinter Cell Conviction, at $10, is a ****ing steal. Nice grab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"