Splinter Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Not reading spoilers but I am soooo excited for this episode I love it when Tom gets to act with a capital A and this looks like the best one for that since Transference.

I'm all over this episode like a bad suit.

Whoops! Sorry, poor choice of aphorisms here. :p

You know what I'm liking best about this story, that is everyone seems to know what is making Clark paranoid. So often he is a victim, Red, Transference, and no one around him understands why.

avidreader said:
You know what I'm liking best about this story, that is everyone seems to know what is making Clark paranoid. So often he is a victim, Red, Transference, and no one around him understands why.
That clip was ambiguous at best though. Lana walks in and accuses Lex of doing something (which Clark does all the time), so is it actually happening, or is this one of Clark's delusions seen from Clark's POV? Or is it a combination of both - an event that's actually happening, but he's interpreting what he sees WAY off the mark?

I am SOOOOO going to enjoy this episode. My WORD! This one's gonna ROCK!!!

What I wonder is how Lana and Lex aren't going to know his secret after he uses his super strength against both of them. If you look it shows paranoid Clark choking Lana and then throwing Lex across the room. He won't have anything to hide behind when all goes back to normal.

^^ I smell an I forgot what happened coming

AgentPat said:
That clip was ambiguous at best though. Lana walks in and accuses Lex of doing something (which Clark does all the time), so is it actually happening, or is this one of Clark's delusions seen from Clark's POV? Or is it a combination of both - an event that's actually happening, but he's interpreting what he sees WAY off the mark?

Well that's a point, I didnt think of that. However, it does look like they are for real and what he sees is them kissing, which, I pray to God, they're not.

tonytr1687 said:
What I wonder is how Lana and Lex aren't going to know his secret after he uses his super strength against both of them. If you look it shows paranoid Clark choking Lana and then throwing Lex across the room. He won't have anything to hide behind when all goes back to normal.

Easy, adrenaline.

C'mon, they've wiggled their way out of deeper plot holes than that!

:)

AgentPat said:

The beginning of the clip looks real and then just before Lex touches her arm it changes, and it seems to be from Clark's POV, we suddenly get this weird shot, I'm guessing of course, but it seems that way.
EDIT: OK, I rewatched it and brightened the video, and it suddenly switches to watching the scene from a pane of glass, and thats when things get more intimate between Lex and Lana, so I guess that part Clark is imagining..I sooo cannot wait!:)

mellyM said:
The beginning of the clip looks real and then just before Lex touches her arm it changes, and it seems to be from Clark's POV, we suddenly get this weird shot, I'm guessing of course, but it seems that way.

It will be interesting to see how they visualise the transitions.

avidreader said:
Well that's a point, I didn't think of that. However, it does look like they are for real and what he sees is them kissing, which, I pray to God, they're not.
I think this is all part of the "everything you wanted to see" angle they promoted at the beginning of the season. The eps we're seeing now are part of that. Everything we wanted to see would include (blech) a Lana/Lex pairing. But I think it'll all be in Clark's head. Probably the same way a Clark/Chloe pairing would be in Lex's head in Lexmas (if the writers choose to go down that road.)

BUT! There's something else to consider here... They started out this season with the idea that it would probably be the last. That meant pulling out all the stops *cough*flying, suit, Lana chat, reveal of that guy called Superman, etc*cough* With 1/2 of the season in the can, not to mention 1/3 of the eps with ratings figures to support the risk, I *think* the last half of the season will probably go in a slightly different direction than what they may have planned during the summer. Notice how they're not hitting us with the "everything you wanted to see" campaign any more? Me thinks they're gonna need to save some of those things for next year. Heh.
smug.gif

mellyM said:
I rewatched it and brightened the video, and it suddenly switches to watching the scene from a pane of glass, and that's when things get more intimate between Lex and Lana, so I guess that part Clark is imagining. I sooo cannot wait!:)
I noticed that too. The second half of the clip appears to be what Clark sees, which is probably in his head. If Beeman is on the ball, he'll shoot it so the viewer is in Clark's shoes - not really knowing if what we're seeing IS happening, or a figment of Clark's SilverK induced imagination.

BTW...

GreenK - Affects him when he gets too close to it.
RedK - Affects him when he wears it.
BlackK - Affects him when it touches him.

SilverK - Affects him from exposure, and then keeps affecting him even if it's not there anymore? Hmm...

Meh... no matter. I'll be on the edge of my seat for this un. :D

AgentPat said:
I noticed that too. The second half of the clip appears to be what Clark sees, which is probably in his head. If Beeman is on the ball, he'll shoot it so the viewer is in Clark's shoes - not really knowing if what we're seeing IS happening, or a figment of Clark's SilverK induced imagination.

BTW...

GreenK - Affects him when he gets too close to it.
RedK - Affects him when he wears it.
BlackK - Affects him when it touches him.

SilverK - Affects him from exposure, and then keeps affecting him even if it's not there anymore? Hmm...

Meh... no matter. I'll be on the edge of my seat for this un. :D
I think the silver K is embedded in him..he gets a splinter of it:)

mellyM said:
I think the silver K is embedded in him..he gets a splinter of it:)
doh.gif

D'OH! I knew that. I did, I did. LOL

<- The mind is goin'

damn you lana
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

AgentPat said:
I think this is all part of the "everything you wanted to see" angle they promoted at the beginning of the season. The eps we're seeing now are part of that. Everything we wanted to see would include (blech) a Lana/Lex pairing. But I think it'll all be in Clark's head. Probably the same way a Clark/Chloe pairing would be in Lex's head in Lexmas (if the writers choose to go down that road.)

BUT! There's something else to consider here... They started out this season with the idea that it would probably be the last. That meant pulling out all the stops *cough*flying, suit, Lana chat, reveal of that guy called Superman, etc*cough* With 1/2 of the season in the can, not to mention 1/3 of the eps with ratings figures to support the risk, I *think* the last half of the season will probably go in a slightly different direction than what they may have planned during the summer. Notice how they're not hitting us with the "everything you wanted to see" campaign any more? Me thinks they're gonna need to save some of those things for next year. Heh.
smug.gif

I noticed we're not getting the "Everything You've Waited to See" slogan any more as well.

However, I was thinking back to that slogan the other day, and I bet one of the things that almost everybody has been waiting to see, is for Clark to tell Lana. Apart from him actually becoming "Superman" almost all the other stuff we've been waiting for has come to fruition in some respect and they're leaving this one up in the air. If they keep advertising "everything you've waited to see" then that can be the only thing left.

Scooter said:
Easy, adrenaline.

C'mon, they've wiggled their way out of deeper plot holes than that!

:)

True true. But in the past it's always been the other characters in altered states of mind when they saw Clark use his powers, so it made at least a little sense that they forgot everything afterwards. This time Clark is in the altered state revealing his powers while everyone else is normal. Theres no way for them to forget anything. And the adrenaline argument only worked one time and that was at the beginning of the first season when Lex and Lana weren't as suspicious and knowing as they are now. Plus ppl in real life are able to pull others up like he did in Jitters. So it made sense. Him throwing someone to the other side of a room or holding another above u with one hand is a little extreme. Unless of course he's actually imagining Lex and Lana being there, and he's talking to nobody.

You know what else the Silver K does to him? It must make him irrational to the point of violence. Even if a non-affected Clark were to really see Lana kissing Lex, it's doubtful he'd try and strangle her! So.. paranoia and violence.. Poor Clark.

I can't wait. :D

HOW THE HELL CAN AN EPISODE THAT HASNT EVEN AIRED YET HAVE AN 8 PAGE THREAD?

ha, yet another car totalment that will somehow be of no significance soon enough.

I really am looking forward to Fine's role in this episode.

"I know who you are."

HAH!! Wait, did I tell you guys how much I was gonna LOVE this episode? No? Well, I'm gonna freakin' LOVE this episode. There. I'll remind everybody again at the next commercial break. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"