Spoilert Alert! The Greatest Death Scenes Thread.

Inglourious Basterds

Hitler is machine gunned by the Basterds

Zombieland

Bill Murray gets accidentally shot and regrets having done "Garfield."

Speaking of zombies.

Day of the Dead

Captain Rhodes: (as the zombies are disemboweling him and eating his entrails) "Choke on 'em!"

^ I've never seen it. Do you recommend that film, UC?

The Conformist

Dominique Sanda is hunted down by Italian fascists in the woods and shot down like a deer:csad:

In Cold Blood

Robert Blake is hung for the murder of the Clutter Family

Die Hard
Hans falls 30 stories to his death.

Die Hard 2: Die Harder
McClane blows up the plane with his lighter.

When I die, I want it to be like this.

Universal Soldier: Regeneration

[YT]JMff3czJs_Y&fmt[/YT]

It depends on how you define 'Greatest,' but here are some of my most memorable (Usually based off of how they affected me the first time I saw them) cinematic demises, in no order:
1. Rufio, 'Hook' (I was 7 years old at the time, give me a break).
2. Colonel Tavington, 'The Patriot' (A gruesome end for a gruesome villain).
3. Wash, 'Serenity' (Probably the single most unexpected death scene of any movie I've ever seen, I was so stunned when it happened all I could do was gasp and softly whisper "No").
4. Tie between Frankie and Louis, 'Final Destination 3' (Both deaths are very sudden, very grisly, and very creative, between Louis' gruesome weightlifting death and Frankie's departure while waiting at a restaurant's drive- thru window, giving new meaning to the term "Bit the big one"; I can't choose between them, so they both get it).
5. Philip, 'A Nightmare on Elm Street 3; Dream Warriors' (Graphic, scary, creative as usual for a NOES film, sad from the reactions of his friends that watch him die, just a very well- done scene; Honorable mention goes to Greta's very unsettling dinner- party demise in the fifth NOES film, 'The Dream Child,' but it doesn't make the list because you'd need to see the incredibly rare director's cut to gain the full experience of that scene).
6. Dobby, 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1' (Wonderful handling of his heroic death, which was the only moment from the books that brought tears to my eyes).
7. Dr. Facilier, 'The Princess and the Frog' (Easily the most disturbing death scene of any Disney villain; Immediately after it happened, the whole theater I watched it in fell into the kind of stunned silence that only comes when an audience has just witnessed something truly frightening).
I may add to this if I think of any others.

Last edited:
Hang 'Em High

Dennis Hopper dies

Hang 'Em High.

Clint Eastwood dies in the first few minutes of the film from hanging, then is rescued and comes back from the dead for vengeance:awesome:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Snape gets killed by the snake.Voldemort turns to ashes

Have you ever noticed Robocop doesn't have like 1 good death, it has about 4 or 5? Lots of bits come to mind. Murphy's death (obv) , Ed-209 loading rounds into a fellow demonstrating it. Can ya fly bobby? *****es leave! Melted goon blowing up like a water-melon. Clarrence getting stabbed in the kneck. Dick, your fired! Tons of awsome deaths in a single movie.

Have you ever noticed Robocop doesn't have like 1 good death, it has about 4 or 5? Lots of bits come to mind. Murphy's death (obv) , Ed-209 loading rounds into a fellow demonstrating it. Can ya fly bobby? *****es leave! Melted goon blowing up like a water-melon. Clarrence getting stabbed in the kneck. Dick, your fired! Tons of awsome deaths in a single movie.

It's Verhoeven, he knows how to do good death scenes. Speaking of:

Total Recall
-Arnold's human shield on the escalator.
-"See you at da pahdee, Riktah!"
-Dick Jones Cohaagan's eye-popping atmospheric death.
-Hell, even Arnold's wife, with his "Consider that a divorce" quip.

Starship Troopers
-Guy gets half-melted by a bug blast.
-Brain sucking.

:up:

It's Verhoeven, he knows how to do good death scenes. Speaking of:

Total Recall
-Arnold's human shield on the escalator.
-"See you at da pahdee, Riktah!"
-Dick Jones Cohaagan's eye-popping atmospheric death.
-Hell, even Arnold's wife, with his "Consider that a divorce" quip.

Starship Troopers
-Guy gets half-melted by a bug blast.
-Brain sucking.
I love Verhoeven movies and it's true his death scenes are great.

For 2011 so far :

Captain America
A hydra soldier is thrown into a propeller

The Green Hornet
Bloodnofsky gets two shards of wood plunged into his eye sockets.

Scream 4
Jill shoots her cheating bf in the balls. Also Kirby's surprising and sad demise

Xmen:First Class

Magneto disposes of Sebastian Shaw

big trouble in little china

the scene in the alley with the two gangs fighting each other, one guy gets his head put into a wall. another gets sliced.
another one is when the 3 storms die. rain gets stabbed while jumping through the air. thunder/samson blows up. also when the lightning guy gets a statue dropped on him. can't forget Lo Pan getting a knife to the forhead
i have seen that movie so many times from bootleg vhs to dvd to dvr in hd it still holds up.

^ Haha:woot:

Wow, what a bizarre and brutal show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"