Sports debate.

For my first 100-post thread.....

How come LSU won play award?I toguht lebron's dunk was pretty.

Because the other team thought they had it won they even threw the Gatorade on the coach and with no time left LSU won, that's why. :)

And I saw an interview with Dennis Rodman last night and he said tha more than likely he will return to the NBA this season. :eek: I personally think he'll be a great fit with the Pacers, he'll probably be Ron Artest's new best friend. ;) But seriousely it makes sense him going to indiana especially if they don't re-sigh Brad Miller and he used to play in Detroit with Isaih Thomas. :D

Iowa athletics director Bob Bowlsby is now chairman of the group that picks the NCAA tourney seedings...further proof that the Iowa Hawkeyes deserve to be tops in all sports. :D

Originally posted by Illchill
For my first 100-post thread.....

How come LSU won play award?I toguht lebron's dunk was pretty.

That was a sweet dunk. Lad's gotta a ways to go to live up to all that hype though.

I was hopin Vick would win it makin the whole Viking defense disappear.

LSU should have won the pulled it outtya arse award.:D

Who will win superbowl, based on real opinion, not who u like....

So, how does Vick's injury hurt the Falcon's playoff chances?

Also, whut team (not based on just whut teams u like/dislike) is gonna not make it to the playoffs as part of the big 4, in the MLB....

Braves and Yankees for sure. And the Marlins are going to win the wild card. :cool:

Originally posted by incurock31
Holy ****, who caught the end of the Yankees game?

I saw it on gameday:mad: It just tells play by play, but was the play awesome our just a baserunning mistake?Stoopid yankees:mad: By the time the Sox and the Yankees finish their remaining six games, all at The Stadium, then I will see hwo the Sox AL East chanceas are, but til then I am chekcin out the wild card scoop, which we lead by a game....

BALTIMORE (AP) -- Jack Cust provided an appropriate ending to an extraordinary game.

The Baltimore Orioles' rookie had already fallen once rounding third base, and was in the midst of a rundown when he suddenly realized there was no one covering the plate.

All Cust had to do was outrun New York third baseman Aaron Boone the final 10 feet to create a 12th-inning tie. But Cust tripped again and was tagged for the final out in the Yankees' 5-4 victory Saturday night.

"He had a free trip to home, and he tripped and fell," Orioles manager Mike Hargrove said. "Those things happen."

Not very often, though.

"It was bizarre, certainly," Boone said.

"We lucked out," Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "I don't even want to see a replay. I'd just as soon go home, go to sleep and wake up tomorrow."

Jason Giambi hit his 35th homer with two outs in the top of the 12th as the Yankees dealt Baltimore its sixth straight loss.

Jeff Nelson walked Cust with two outs in the 12th before Larry Bigbie doubled to right-center. Cust tried to stop as he rounded third, but slipped to the ground.

"I tried to plant, but my feet just gave out," Cust said. "It's the grass. It's just soft."

Second baseman Alfonso Soriano made a low relay throw to third, and Cust was caught in a rundown. As he saw the clear path to the plate and tried to get into high gear, he stumbled facefirst to the ground and was easily tagged out.

and Jeter got his 1500 hit already....damn that was pretty quick.....

Who will win superbowl, based on real opinion, not who u like....

1. Philadelphia over Tennessee ;)
2. St. Louis over Denver
3. Buffalo over Green Bay

Too hard to narrow down to one.

So, how does Vick's injury hurt the Falcon's playoff chances?

Quite obviously. They're playing in too hard a division(arguably the toughest in football) to have to rely on Warrick Dunn, Peerless Price and some roleplayers to get them into the playoffs. Their big off-season acquisition was Peerless Price, and now the guy throwing to him is a back-up with 5 career touchdowns. Some players have a tendency to heal quickly from these types injuries, so maybe Vick will miss even less than 6 weeks. This is just another reason that the NFL is gonna wanna look closer to limiting the number of pre-season games...

Also, whut team (not based on just whut teams u like/dislike) is gonna not make it to the playoffs as part of the big 4, in the MLB....

"Big 4?" I'm not sure what you mean. If you're going by top-4 salaries, that'd make the list the Yankees, Mets, Dodgers and Cubs. Obviously I'd choose the Dodgers and Mets not to make it. If you're going by win/loss record, that'd be the Yankees, Mariners, Giants and Braves. Out of those I'd say Yankees and Mariners, since Oakland and Boston are hot on their trails.

Braves and Yankees for sure. And the Marlins are going to win the wild card.

Phils all the way. :mad: :)

Originally posted by PoAnTimRSexi
2. St. Louis over Denver

Quite obviously. Their big off-season acquisition was Peerless Price, and now the guy throwing to him is a back-up with 5 career touchdowns. Some players have a tendency to heal quickly from these types injuries, so maybe Vick will miss even less than 6 weeks. This is just another reason that the NFL is gonna wanna look closer to limiting the number of pre-season games...

"Big 4?" I'm not sure what you mean. If you're going by top-4 salaries, that'd make the list the Yankees, Mets, Dodgers and Cubs. Obviously I'd choose the Dodgers and Mets not to make it. If you're going by win/loss record, that'd be the Yankees, Mariners, Giants and Braves. Out of those I'd say Yankees and Mariners, since Oakland and Boston are hot on their trails.

Whut I meant by the big 4 are the Sox, Yanks, A's and Mariners. And when theys ay Vick is out 6 weeks, they mean til week 6 or 6 weeks from now??:confused:

2. St. Louis over Denver

Quite obviously. They're playing in too hard a division(arguably the toughest in football) to have to rely on Warrick Dunn, Peerless Price and some roleplayers to get them into the playoffs. Their big off-season acquisition was Peerless Price, and now the guy throwing to him is a back-up with 5 career touchdowns. Some players have a tendency to heal quickly from these types injuries, so maybe Vick will miss even less than 6 weeks. This is just another reason that the NFL is gonna wanna look closer to limiting the number of pre-season games...

Also, no way are the Bills gonna make the playoffs....

Whut I meant by the big 4 are the Sox, Yanks, A's and Mariners. And when theys ay Vick is out 6 weeks, they mean til week 6 or 6 weeks from now??:confused:

Out of those four I'd say the Sox. I'd narrow it down to the A's or the Sox, but I picked the A's to go to the World Series before the season started, so I'm biased. :p

And saying 6 weeks... I'd assume they mean six weeks from now. There's 2 weeks of pre-season left, so they could have Vick possibly back as soon as week 3 or 4. Some people are speculating that his injury may sit him down for up to 10 weeks, though.

Out of those four I'd say the Sox. I'd narrow it down to the A's or the Sox, but I picked the A's to go to the World Series before the season started, so I'm biased. :p

And saying 6 weeks... I'd assume they mean six weeks from now. There's 2 weeks of pre-season left, so they could have Vick possibly back as soon as week 3 or 4. Some people are speculating that his injury may sit him down for up to 10 weeks, though.

The only way the Sox are NOT making it are if they lose 10 or their next 18 games, which are against Seattle (today), then Oakland and Seattle and Toronto and New York and Phillie(one makeup game) and White Sox and New York.Seatle today is a pretty sure win, and Chicago cant contend against our hitting except Toroto cant take our bats, I think Sox will win and A's or M's will be left out by arounf 3 games.The only reason i say this is becasue afetyr that strecth for the Sox, they have all unbelivavbly easy teams....

Also, no way are the Bills gonna make the playoffs....

They've revamped their defense to the point that it has potential to be one of the best in the AFC. London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes are two of the most dangerous linebackers in the AFC, Antoine Winfield puts up consistently good numbers, etc. As for offense, Drew Bledsoe, albeit over-payed, is one of the most stellar QB's in the league; they have one(potentially two if McGahee decides to play from a financial/health standpoint) great runner in the backfield; and even in losing Peerless Price, they still have a great wide-out in Eric Moulds.

Perhaps you're right, I don't blame those who are skeptical. But I'm chalking up the Bills as my real "dark horse" this season.

They've revamped their defense to the point that it has potential to be one of the best in the AFC. London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes are two of the most dangerous linebackers in the AFC, Antoine Winfield puts up consistently good numbers, etc. As for offense, Drew Bledsoe, albeit over-payed, is one of the most stellar QB's in the league; they have one(potentially two if McGahee decides to play from a financial/health standpoint) great runner in the backfield; and even in losing Peerless Price, they still have a great wide-out in Eric Moulds.

Perhaps you're right, I don't blame those who are skeptical. But I'm chalking up the Bills as my real "dark horse" this season.

OK, I'll take a dark horse prediction, but they have to beat out the Jets, Pats, and Bills.I just dont see that happeining, especially when Bledsoe faces Pats.AFC East is unbelivably tough now though.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"